Home

GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

This is a discussion on GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2005, 09:55 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffsphynx
ok i belive that you may possibly have the roster im looking for. the problem is i downloaded it i have action replay and when i try to drag it over it tells me that it isnt a valid xbox save. what am i doin wrong. In addition i have tried several other rosters to find out it that they were not quite there yet and have some questions about this one.

1.) exactly how accurate are the depth charts? I have noticed many players that were playing DE are now DT or OLB playin ILB now: few examples warren sapp was a DE now a DT; troy brown was a CB now back to WR; chad brown was OLB now an ILB (thats the biggest issue that nobody was able to do) NFL.com has all the accurate info but i have tried to switch positons in the game and wasnt able through roster manager

2) Are all the rookies on the teams or just the main ones?

3) Is the list of free agents accurate?

BUT mainly why doenst action replay recognize your roster as a valid xbox save?

1) The depth charts were accurate as of early July if I remember correctly. And yes, there were numerous player position changes done to this roster. But now I have noticed that some teams like Miami are using a 4-3 base, unless its just a pre season thing. So in the next update positions might be adjusted again.

2) Not all the rookies are created in this set. Most 1st & 2nd rounders I believe. Or any that I needed to fill in the depth charts in July. There are currently around a dozen more or so in the works right now for the update. And probably more to come as pre season settles down. We'll have a better idea once depth charts are set before the season opener.

3) Free agent moves should be about 99% accurate as of early July as well. I know that Chad Morton & Troy Brown were still not on the Patriots because I had their roster full. But they are added in the upcoming update. As for players listed as FA, I'm not sure how accurate that is. Because this roster is based off of the last online update. So I'm sure there are players missing, or players listed that aren't around anymore.

As for the invalid save though, it sounds like it might be your memory card. Hopefully its not the roster save. I have had some people lately describing your same situation.
My first guess would be the AR memory card. That is the biggest issue I've heard. Many people have used a Microsoft brand memory card and that cleared up alot of issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #42
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Hey NickChew. I was looking over this thread and your site and I appreciate what you are doing. I was wondering if this roster still has a problem with the draft after the first season, or have you figured that out now? I appreciate the hard work

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-15-2005, 10:31 AM   #43
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Nick,

Posted some comments on your rosters over at your forums, but I got to play the heck out of them over the weekend and you have done a really great job with them.

How often do you you forsee yourself doing updates? Need any assistance?
Old 08-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey guys,

I'll quickly answer aukevin's question about freezing during the draft using these rosters. As far as I know it still does it, for me anyway. However, my brother has been using this roster regularly, and he has experienced no issues at all. But I'm starting to wonder if he even downloaded my roster like he said, because he complains to me about certain issues in gameplay and ratings that I have not seen or heard anyone else say, lol. But I just read Flyer's other post, and it looks good for him too. So who knows?

Anyway, I do plan on keeping these updated. In fact thats one main reason the site has not been updated as of late (besides working on an honest review of Madden for the site)...I've been working on more rookies and tweaks to ratings. Shooting for an update release in time with the regular season.
Flyer, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Your input and feedback has been greatly appreciated

I'll also post this little tidbit here as well (with more info coming over at GCO forums ). I think I have gotten to a great realization regarding some ratings. In regards to LB vs OL, WR vs DB, LB vs TE, RB vs DL, and showing a better representation of pro bowl calibur vs average. More news to come...I'm absolutely stoked about this
Old 08-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #45
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
Hey guys,

I'll quickly answer aukevin's question about freezing during the draft using these rosters. As far as I know it still does it, for me anyway. However, my brother has been using this roster regularly, and he has experienced no issues at all. But I'm starting to wonder if he even downloaded my roster like he said, because he complains to me about certain issues in gameplay and ratings that I have not seen or heard anyone else say, lol. But I just read Flyer's other post, and it looks good for him too. So who knows?
Sorry to report the news, but the game did freeze for me when it hit the draft. It does go past it if you let the game automatically draft for you and you don't do any manual drafting. I must have been letting the game draft for me previously.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Or how to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2005, 11:41 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Chew, you have a great site man. Its good to see some folks keeping the 2k game alive and kicking. I'm looking forward to your third set of rosters to possibly start a franchise. On a side note as flyer stated earlier, if you let the cpu draft for you the game will not freeze? As I said earlier, you have a great site and all your effort is appreciated by football fans looking for an alternative it virtual football gaming. Thank you.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

2 Additional playbook Ravens and browns

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 08-22-2005, 11:21 PM   #48
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

OK guys I goy em' right here thanks Xrob sorry it took so long tech difficuilties ect,ect...anyway her ya go!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_BrownsPBk.zip (32.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_RavPBook.zip (32.0 KB, 18 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »