Home

GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

This is a discussion on GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-13-2005, 03:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

GameChew, thanks for all your hard work to keep this game going heading into the new season. Much appreciated. One question, with these adjusted ratings are you seeing a noticeable difference between high level skill players and avg skill players? Do all-pro's stand out amongst the crowd?
Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown
GameChew, thanks for all your hard work to keep this game going heading into the new season. Much appreciated. One question, with these adjusted ratings are you seeing a noticeable difference between high level skill players and avg skill players? Do all-pro's stand out amongst the crowd?
Let me elaborate a bit more. I noticed that for certain skill position players (such as RB's for example) they have certain key attributes that are the same for all backs across the board (with an exception here and there for a few players.) Attributes such as consistency, strength, ball carrying, etc. The majority of RB's will all have the same rating for certain attributes. B/c of this...are you still able to see a noticeable difference between an elite RB and an avg RB?
Old 07-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown
Let me elaborate a bit more. I noticed that for certain skill position players (such as RB's for example) they have certain key attributes that are the same for all backs across the board (with an exception here and there for a few players.) Attributes such as consistency, strength, ball carrying, etc. The majority of RB's will all have the same rating for certain attributes. B/c of this...are you still able to see a noticeable difference between an elite RB and an avg RB?
For my playing tastes, I do see a difference. That is one thing I always want in a game. I also want the offensive line to play a noticable part in it. To me, there is no other team sport like football. So go up against the Chiefs, with Priest's consistency and their pro-bowl line, then go up against a team like Miami.
I recently had Ronnie Brown hit 100yds and a TD at half time against me, then played them again and totally shut them down. While Priest has pretty much always run well against my D.

So I hope the difference is noticable for others as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 05:13 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo
o ya, got that. but transdering it from my hd to my ar is the problem. as a matter of fact all the saves have been wiped out from me trying to transfer the file.
Dang, I hope that is not a common issue with everyone. I'm guessing it could be your memory card though? Thats the most common complaint I've heard is from the memory cards acting up.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:31 PM   #13
Rookie

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say "bravo" for the NFL 2K5 edit page over at your website. I am very impressed with the dedication to realism you guys put into your ratings edits. I can't wait to try them myself. thanks again.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
Dang, I hope that is not a common issue with everyone. I'm guessing it could be your memory card though? Thats the most common complaint I've heard is from the memory cards acting up.

errrr.....

i guess it would help to hook that up 1st ha?

let me try again and i'll let ya know.

the thing is it's not even showing up on the pc to transfer.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo
errrr.....

i guess it would help to hook that up 1st ha?

let me try again and i'll let ya know.

the thing is it's not even showing up on the pc to transfer.
I went through two memory cards before buying a Microsoft card. The default cards can be faulty. There's one situation when you're transferring files where the save doesn't or won't show up. I'll try and remember what that is, because it happened to me once, and then I accidently stumbled upon the quick fix for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2005, 08:18 AM   #16
Rookie

This was posted by Nick over on his fourm. I just wanted to repley. Work has had me by the balls as of late. So here we go

"First impressions, I'm not too high on the 99 aggressiveness. Thats what kills the DB play. Original reason why I edited way down in the last roster release. I also think the lineman get too aggressive, especially on pass blocking. It might help out on the run blocking, but I've never really had a problem with the run blocking to begin with. I noticed on pass blocking with the high aggressiveness, major over reactions to blitzes/stunts. Guards leaving their spot to pick up blitzes outside of the tackle. Or centers running circles and flying outside to pick up a possible LB

I am intrigued with the 99 stamina so far. Just wondering how to have more accurate substitutions by position. Not every player should have indentical stamina/fatigue ability. But the gameplay does appear to be a bit more sharp with the 99 stamina. Noticeable in kick returns, and cpu QB play. More testing to come..."

Well as for line play I just dont see the samething you do. I see the lineman as too slow and not getting to there blocking assingments. Guard dont pull well at all. In fact I have gone pass the line before the guard has even got to his block. Now I know lineman are slow but they are not that slow. But this is not an aggressiveness problem. It is a speed problem.

Aggressiveness is the hardest one to put to a number. I agree with your findings on this but Personnally I would rather have it at 99 then anyother number. I just feel you get better game play out of it. But that does not mean I am right.

As for the stamina remember that it even if it is set to 99 for all that it is defferent for all players. This is the biggest fix of all. You put the fatguie slider just right and all the player rotate in and out properly. But you also haved to fix the sub in and out numbers. The problem is the sub in and out is backwards. You have to reverse the numbers to get it to work right. I dont think it is backwards. I know it is backwards. I could not ever get the settings right. So I switched it for giggles. I was very shocked by what I saw. Set it up so you sub in at 70% and out at 30%. You will see that the running back rotate like they should. Game plays much better. but dont belive me try it and see for your self. This only almost fixed most of the problems in the game.

Nick you have done a great job. I guess I am just after something different then everone else. It is importent for the roster stats in franchise to be as close to the real deal as I can get them for me. I have done that. It does not make any sense to me to have my stats be NFL like and the rest of the league be way off. I am not saying you have not done this either. I just have not tested them that is all, but I am going too.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Tim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »