Home

GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

This is a discussion on GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #49
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

Thanks so much for the playbooks. Any others currently in the works?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:18 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
Hey guys,
Anyway, I do plan on keeping these updated. In fact thats one main reason the site has not been updated as of late (besides working on an honest review of Madden for the site)...I've been working on more rookies and tweaks to ratings. Shooting for an update release in time with the regular season.
Flyer, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Your input and feedback has been greatly appreciated

I'll also post this little tidbit here as well (with more info coming over at GCO forums ). I think I have gotten to a great realization regarding some ratings. In regards to LB vs OL, WR vs DB, LB vs TE, RB vs DL, and showing a better representation of pro bowl calibur vs average. More news to come...I'm absolutely stoked about this
After following this post and checking out your website( which is GREAT!) I gave your rosters and sliders a try....all I can say is THANK YOU! Your roster and slider combination is fantastic and I'm having so much fun with the game all over again. PLEASE keep up the good work. Cheers.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:14 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

NickChew, I want to know why don't you set the minimum qb arm strength rating to 80 or 85 to mirror the weaker armed players? And wouldn't you lower the stamina for scrambling qbs to about 85? Why did you make the line backer's jump rating low? Also I know lowering the runningbacks strength will stop ridiculous multiple power breaktackles, but what about the wrs and TEs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 10

To these rosters cut down on the number of interceptions?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #53
Rookie

I have been messing around and doing franchises to see if they freeze and I have been loading the roster off of my memory card and got to do the draft three times in a row.

I have also been selecting two teams to go through the season with--not sure if that has anything to do with it.

However, my question comes about after the draft. I know that you set all of the players to reduce the INTs and increase the completion percentage--which you did an awesome job on, but what about after the draft. Will we need to go in and adjust the rookies attributes to keep the game at that level? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:02 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
To these rosters cut down on the number of interceptions?
I played 3 games so far with these rosters and his sliders and I've only had 1 interception thrown and 1 fumble. Fantastic.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:00 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalafspe
..why don't you set the minimum qb arm strength rating to 80 or 85 to mirror the weaker armed players? And wouldn't you lower the stamina for scrambling qbs to about 85? Why did you make the line backer's jump rating low? Also I know lowering the runningbacks strength will stop ridiculous multiple power breaktackles, but what about the wrs and TEs?
Whoa...
Well QB arm strength is currently being tweaked and looked at again for v3. I dont disagree with that statement, but I want to see how it affects some different throws.
QB stamina will not be lowered. Having it set at 99 really helps the AI QBs play better. If scrambling is in question, you can tweak speed and agility ratings...which are also being looked at again. Bascially every rating adjustment is getting the "look over" again before the new release is out.
LB jump rating is fine where its at IMO. Helps with them making crazy plays on passes. If you watch replays of how high they jump in relation to real life, its pretty accurate.
TE's break tackle & strength is currently being adjusted as well
...whew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebels10
I know that you set all of the players to reduce the INTs and increase the completion percentage--which you did an awesome job on, but what about after the draft. Will we need to go in and adjust the rookies attributes to keep the game at that level? Thanks.
Yes. If you want to keep everything consistent, you may have to edit rookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyank73
I played 3 games so far with these rosters and his sliders and I've only had 1 interception thrown and 1 fumble. Fantastic.
Wow...haha, that might actually be a little too low. But you'll still probably see games with 3 and 4 picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 06:42 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

NickChew, will you also change the jump ratings for defensive linemen? Also, for running backs that don't have good hands wouldn't you make the minimum lower than 75? When you look at a roster the second and third string players are not starting for a reason and there is a reason a second string player is better than a third string. I think there should be separate minimums and standards for starters, second string players, and third string as well as an overall minimum and maximum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »