Home

GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

This is a discussion on GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #57
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: GameChewOver Xbox Rosters v2 - "Mini-Camp Edition"

with all these ratings changes, isn't it going to ruin the franchise progression.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-27-2005, 07:33 PM   #58

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

To those questioning the interceptions. I use Nicks sliders (which i love) and Dreaded Steelers rosters (which are the best i have seen).

If you throw crazy passes into triple coverage or try and play the game like Madden, the ball will get picked. Just like in real football. You have to read the play and look for match ups. It has taken me a good year to get really good at this.

If anything, i'd like to see a few more injuries and fumbles with the rosters and sliders.

Regardless, i still love this game a year after it has been released.

Good work all.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:32 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalafspe
NickChew, will you also change the jump ratings for defensive linemen? Also, for running backs that don't have good hands wouldn't you make the minimum lower than 75? When you look at a roster the second and third string players are not starting for a reason and there is a reason a second string player is better than a third string. I think there should be separate minimums and standards for starters, second string players, and third string as well as an overall minimum and maximum.
The starters, 2nd string, 3rd string, etc all have differences between them. Thats why the have overall and consistency ratings. The NFL is the cream of the crop when it comes to the game of football. Just because someone is 2nd string doesn't necessarily mean they can't catch as good, run as fast, or whatever as good as the starter. These are excellent athletes, and the league is full of parity nowadays.
Most RBs in the NFL can catch a pass when you throw it to them

The DL jump rating is not planning on being adjusted. There is just the right amount of batted passes in this game I think. No other football game has even come close to getting that right IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
with all these ratings changes, isn't it going to ruin the franchise progression.
I'm not sure how the progression turns out. All I know is that the original roster set was done to try and create the best gameplay around. Focusing on franchise was not the intention when I started these edits. They freeze during the draft anyway, most of the time.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Nick I love this set very complete and organized. Thanks and I like ur ratings please release a all-out roster (exhibition use & franchise use) but try to include all edits in both. Thanks again.

Gamertag XRob da Realist
Old 08-28-2005, 06:38 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

NickChew, I'm looking forward to your roster v3, I hope I can play franchise mode for multiple seasons. With one of the roster editions I was able to get pass the draft in franchise mode, but when I started the season certain players had their stats carrying over into the next season. I like stats so after the first game of the second season I looked at the league leaders and I saw that the Chiefs quarterback already had over 4000 yds. I checked his card and it said he played 17 games. I think it may have to do with advancing a year. For some reason certain player's stats carry over into the next season. I don't know if it is something that can be fixed, but I just wanted to let you know that.

Also, about the composure rating. I think it improves performance. So it may make some wrs drop fewer passes. Would you adjust the ratings for each position and then do individual edits?

Last edited by khalafspe; 08-30-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2005, 09:02 PM   #62
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Chew, can you please post your Lousaka Polite (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/501492) CAW, please?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:19 AM   #63
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalafspe
NickChew, I want to know why don't you set the minimum qb arm strength rating to 80 or 85 to mirror the weaker armed players? And wouldn't you lower the stamina for scrambling qbs to about 85? Why did you make the line backer's jump rating low? Also I know lowering the runningbacks strength will stop ridiculous multiple power breaktackles, but what about the wrs and TEs?
stamina is the most important stat for crazy break tackles.. IE eddie george
Old 09-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #64
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

v3 going to have Kyle Orton on the Bears? I dont see him but I see Benson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »