Home

PES 2010 Console Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2010 Console Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #57
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: PES 2010 Console Impressions

I have seen them bring on more offensive minded players, but I can't recall if they changed formation, not saying that haven't more like I haven't noticed.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 AM   #58
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Went into Master League just to check it out and ended up playing 13 games tonight. That mode is so addictive.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #59
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Went into Master League just to check it out and ended up playing 13 games tonight. That mode is so addictive.
Lol, its absolutely like gaming crack. And its finally been improved this year!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Same situation here. I was about to close the door on PES this year and just play FIFA, but wanted to check out the new ML before I made a final decision...four hours later I am knee deep into my first season of a new ML campaign...can't say no the the ML...love it.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #61
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Bought PES 2010 last night and played 3 matches in master league. So far, I am extremely unimpressed.

I've been playing on the default difficulty level (Professional?) using Napoli and the game has been mind-blowingly easy so far. I have played 3 games and had 4 shots TOTAL against me (even less on target) through 3 games. One of those games was against Juventus who had 2 shots against me compared to 15+ from me. The other two were against Genoa and Livorno - I don't follow Serie A that much so I'm not sure what the strengths of these teams are but they sucked in PES.

PES has really upgraded the graphics and player models which look fantastic. The pitches also look really really good. UNFORTUNATELY they still have the same awful stick-up-the-butt animations that they had last year, including that stupid "sliding" shot animation if a player is getting challenged from behind. Comparatively, FIFA has mediocre graphics and player models and numerous kit problems but when you are playing in wide view the animations and the variety of animations is absolutely fantastic. And animations, NOT graphics, influence the gameplay.

I still see keepers punching shots back into traffic WAY too often and punching/deflecting shots that they really should be keeping. I've scored 7 goals in my first three games and about half of them have come from a long range shot being punched right back to one of my strikers for an open net goal.

Defensive AI from the CPU is AWFUL. Numerous people have mentioned it already but the defensive line seems quite content to let you run at them, backing up until the penalty spot before they begin to close you down. This makes it exceedingly easy to find space for long-range shots. There is NO defensive cover from midfield and your strikers and AMCs usually have tons of space to operate as they like in the gap between midfield and defense. I was able to run COMPLETELY unchallenged dwon the flanks with either of my two wingbacks and cross into the box with defenders running alongside me but not tackling. The CPU still plays a completely one-dimensional game with short passing along the carpet and I don't think I saw a SINGLE long ball in my three games aside from a goal kick or a cross.

Maybe some of this will be improved once I switch to a harder difficulty but so far it's been a major disappointment.

It's funny but PES and FIFA have finally switched places this year, in my mind. FIFA is the game with slight sub-par graphics but fantastic gameplay and realistic team play in different leagues while PES is the game with the fancy graphics but sticky "on-rails" gameplay and huge gaps between the "lines" of a teams formation that result in counter-attacking, dribble-based BORING gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #62
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
Bought PES 2010 last night and played 3 matches in master league. So far, I am extremely unimpressed.

I've been playing on the default difficulty level (Professional?) using Napoli and the game has been mind-blowingly easy so far. I have played 3 games and had 4 shots TOTAL against me (even less on target) through 3 games. One of those games was against Juventus who had 2 shots against me compared to 15+ from me. The other two were against Genoa and Livorno - I don't follow Serie A that much so I'm not sure what the strengths of these teams are but they sucked in PES.

PES has really upgraded the graphics and player models which look fantastic. The pitches also look really really good. UNFORTUNATELY they still have the same awful stick-up-the-butt animations that they had last year, including that stupid "sliding" shot animation if a player is getting challenged from behind. Comparatively, FIFA has mediocre graphics and player models and numerous kit problems but when you are playing in wide view the animations and the variety of animations is absolutely fantastic. And animations, NOT graphics, influence the gameplay.

I still see keepers punching shots back into traffic WAY too often and punching/deflecting shots that they really should be keeping. I've scored 7 goals in my first three games and about half of them have come from a long range shot being punched right back to one of my strikers for an open net goal.

Defensive AI from the CPU is AWFUL. Numerous people have mentioned it already but the defensive line seems quite content to let you run at them, backing up until the penalty spot before they begin to close you down. This makes it exceedingly easy to find space for long-range shots. There is NO defensive cover from midfield and your strikers and AMCs usually have tons of space to operate as they like in the gap between midfield and defense. I was able to run COMPLETELY unchallenged dwon the flanks with either of my two wingbacks and cross into the box with defenders running alongside me but not tackling. The CPU still plays a completely one-dimensional game with short passing along the carpet and I don't think I saw a SINGLE long ball in my three games aside from a goal kick or a cross.

Maybe some of this will be improved once I switch to a harder difficulty but so far it's been a major disappointment.

It's funny but PES and FIFA have finally switched places this year, in my mind. FIFA is the game with slight sub-par graphics but fantastic gameplay and realistic team play in different leagues while PES is the game with the fancy graphics but sticky "on-rails" gameplay and huge gaps between the "lines" of a teams formation that result in counter-attacking, dribble-based BORING gameplay.
Default difficulty is just to get you used to the game similar to FIFA which at default is way to easy. Once you move up if you don't play sound defense and are not creative with your attacks you will get trampled.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #63
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

Is anybody here find crossing to be to easy? I will be jocking down the line with two defenders hanging all over me and I swear I pull off a perfect cross 7 out of 10 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #64
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Amazing. I've seen the CPU long pass on me alot, especially across the field to switch sides.

Say what you want, but I love the organic feel of this game. I can't help myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »