Home

PES 2010 Console Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2010 Console Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #49
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PES 2010 Console Impressions

Also I forgot to mention that the visuals this year are absolutely stunning at times. Its a huge upgrade over the other next gen Pro Evo's that I had played. The marquee players look freakishly realistic. Weather and lighting effects are also top notch. And you get a nice realistic variance in weather conditions in your master league games! Something which FIFA has not gotten right in 4 years. First we put up with playing every single game in bright sunshine and now every game is played in the rain or at night! But thats another topic...

As far as difficulty goes, this is the first time I'm playing on top player. I avoided it like the plague in the past as it was just full of rampant CPU cheating. But I was winning every game 5-0 on regular and pro still felt slightly too easy. I've only played 3 games since switching to top player and it feels fair enough. I haven't won yet but I have managed to score a couple of goals. The CPU is much more aggressive in attack, which is great as I felt they were far too passive on the lower levels. I don't feel like Pro and Top Player are switched around either. I felt a definite step up in challenge when I made the swap.

Also players feel very different from one another. You can definitely tell the difference between a scrub and a player like Gerrard. Which makes tinkering with your Master League squad a lot of fun.

The only suggestion I would have to anyone buying this game is to get it on PS3 if possible. Its much, much easier to transfer edit files and the controller just feels right for this game. Probably because of all those years playing PES on the PS2.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #50
Rookie

BIGE5901's Arena

OVR: 3

So I've never really played a PES before but from what I'm hearing I'm pretty excited to receive my game from overseas sometime soon.The main reason why I'm buying it is for the master league and hopefully an actual challenge from the cpu unlike FIFA.

I read a post from someone earlier mentioning how the AI "cheats" and I was like that sounds good to me.I'm just sick of playing fifa on legendary and its way too easy.When I think legendary I want a knock down no holds barred game of football you know?So hopefully it will give me a challenge I could even bare the AI cheating as long as its challenge and I know that I won't win every match.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #51
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGE5901
So I've never really played a PES before but from what I'm hearing I'm pretty excited to receive my game from overseas sometime soon.The main reason why I'm buying it is for the master league and hopefully an actual challenge from the cpu unlike FIFA.

I read a post from someone earlier mentioning how the AI "cheats" and I was like that sounds good to me.I'm just sick of playing fifa on legendary and its way too easy.When I think legendary I want a knock down no holds barred game of football you know?So hopefully it will give me a challenge I could even bare the AI cheating as long as its challenge and I know that I won't win every match.
If you are winning every match on FIFA's legendary setting then you need to try playing with all manual controls. If you are already doing this then I bow down to you because you are some kind of FIFA ninja.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 AM   #52
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

I am going to go with This years Top Player level seems suspiciously like last years Professional level, would think this would be easy for Konami to come out and say one way or the other. I will stick with Professional for know since I am having fun as Sunderland.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGE5901

PES Cheats in a different way. The magic goals that you would see if FIFA aren't there. But I think the problem in PES is hidden. It's hard to describe but I think at times in a match, PES will make up for some issues by giving the AI a heavy advantage. It's not like in one play where a striker gets free, this happens in real soccer. But more like where for 60 mins you dominate then the same players seem to go missing. Or players that couldn't keep the ball seem to turn into Torres.

That's been a common theme in since this new generation of PES games.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 AM   #54
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

I'm pretty sure the cheating in the old PS2 PES games was outrageous. It got worse and worse as well. I thought PES 5 was a stunning game, with some dodgy cheats. But PES 6 was rediculous. The cheating was insane, I even think your button presses were ignored at certain points.

Seabass always said that he wanted PES games to follow a 'little story' eg. scripts.

This years feels pretty good so far. I'm back down to Professional for the time being because I don't like how even minnow sides become monsters on Top Player. Ideally the perfect level would have Top Player's AI aggression without the obvious AI advantage.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #55
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Can anyone comment on how well the online plays this year? Last year was laggy and virtually unplayable. I believe Seabass commented that would NOT be the case this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #56
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Has anyone seen the AI change formation where it should?

I have been up by a goal or two several times and have never seen the AI change formation. Even in the waning minutes they have not pulled a defender to add a striker nor have they re-positioned players to push forward.

I should add that I've only played exhibition games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »