Home

PES 2010 Console Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2010 Console Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #193
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PES 2010 Console Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Yeah...fouls are VERY rare (PS3 version...if that matters) for me as well. I've done everything but knife a guy in the penalty box with no call made.
Yeah, I'm playing on the 360 version with the same result. The ref's let the players get away with wayyy to much in the game. I'm loving the gameplay in PES 2010, but I just wish the ref's called the game tighter.

Well, I'm glad it's not just me. Surprised this wasn't addressed in a patch.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #194
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

After about 40 some games, I finally saw a match with rain yesterday. Does the PES universe not have varying degrees of weather? It was odd since I have been switching between this and WC10 where the weather effects are fairly dynamic. I've had a lot of games with rain. When I first saw the rain yesterday I was shocked. Albeit the lack of animations, I am still having a ton of fun with this game and the addition of UEFA and Champions League is a huge draw for me. I already won the tournament outside of ML, now I hope I can win it in ML next.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #195
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I picked this up for $20 at Target! What a deal! I'm a long time PES fan who switched to the "dark side" this year. Anyway, for $20 I had to pick up PES and give it a try.

I only played 3 quick games so these are initial impressions.

The game is fun, but really starting to feel a little dated. The movement and passing is so rigid. It isn't a bad game, it has just progressed much slower than other games.

It is still addictive and fun for sure. I will definitely get my $20 out of it easily so I'm not disappointed. Just hope we can see a bigger jump in realism come 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #196
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I picked this up for $20 at Target! What a deal! I'm a long time PES fan who switched to the "dark side" this year. Anyway, for $20 I had to pick up PES and give it a try.

I only played 3 quick games so these are initial impressions.

The game is fun, but really starting to feel a little dated. The movement and passing is so rigid. It isn't a bad game, it has just progressed much slower than other games.

It is still addictive and fun for sure. I will definitely get my $20 out of it easily so I'm not disappointed. Just hope we can see a bigger jump in realism come 2011.
I think we will see a bigger jump this year. Also, the dark side still doesn't play as well as PES in certain areas
Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #197
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, I bumped up the difficulty (one higher than default) and I must say I'm much more impressed. On the default difficulty the AI gives you way too much space, but on higher levels it is really challenging to work the ball in.

I remember reading a lot of comments on the back line AI giving things up too easily, but since I cranked up the difficulty they are closing down on me quite well (could just be my lack of skill). So far I'm earning every goal I get.

When I grabbed this cheap I figured I'd just check it out quick and play some co-op with a friend, but I'm thinking of starting a master league and putting some serious hours into it.

The one thing I really like about PES is it has that randomness in it that attracts most of us to sports.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #198
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

It's an very good overall improvement and perhaps not the best, but a very nice a fun game to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »