Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #265
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Will and Flight...is it worth a purchase?
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #266
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Scoob, that's just a personal preference. If you can download the demo, and see "enough" to want more, then I say yes without a doubt. Once I started learning the game, I'm hooked on it. It takes me back to the original xbox and throwing on Inside Drive and looking past the jerkiness of the game.

I can't tell you how many times per game that I go into replay, just to see the fundamental basketball that happens. Normally on 2k, I'll go into replay for a highlight. This one, I'm normally going into it to watch a great basketball play, that normally ends in a highlight

In my eyes, yes, I wouldn't hesitate to get it again. But as you've seen several respected members of OS say, they need "more" from a next gen title, implying the next gen visuals.

While it would be nice to see the player models being more varied, and some of the players be modeled a little differently, it's definitely not what I "want" the most out of my next gen experience. This game is giving me great games, fun games, and games that make me sit back and try to figure out my next move, whether it be a key defensive stop, or how to put together an offensive stretch to work back into the game. It's worth it 10x over for me.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #267
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

OKC. Omg they are beating the dog crap out of me. Durant/Westbrook is the deadliest combo I've faced yet.

And yes my 12 yr old son is right here watching again on his own. He out down his controller on his 360 for the 2nd time today to come watch me play this game again. Lol

The Thunder have come out BLAZING!!! 15/19 for the half. I'm losing 20-31. Durant has 13 pts on 6/9 and Westbrook has 8 pts on 4/5. I can't stop these cats and I'm loving it. If you read my earlier post I mentioned that I was gonna probably have to make the jump to All Star. That's dead now. My last game I got trounced by the Spurs and now this

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #268
Rookie

OVR: 0

What platform are u guys playing? And which game mode occupies your time the most?
Old 12-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #269
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I told you Flight. They were on top by around 10 earlier on me. I worked my way back with a mix of 2-3 zone and 3-2 zone. I personally put a chaser zone on KD, allowing PG24 to go rogue and I defended Durant myself. It left basically a 2-2 zone, keeping Russ out of the paint.

They ended up winning in Overtime, when they killed me by taking PG24 out of it in OT. They doubled him EVERYWHERE. I got frustrated, lol.

Best feeling that I've had.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #270
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I'm on PS4, and I've just been playing 1 off games. I've been waiting for some trade updates, and hopefully some accessory and jersey # changes before starting a Season. But it's been a blast just playing 1 off games.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #271
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
Sweet, I like what I'm hearing so far! Is there anything in the game that you guys def don't like?

Yeah, the practice mode would be in handy. I would rather have them implement that then making the game easier!
I lot of things I don't like. Lack of fouls at times, quirky movement, fast breaks don't happen no where at a realistic pace. From a distance it's not Next Gen graphics IMO. Sometimes it feels stiff but it seems to be getting better just to name a few

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #272
MVP

OVR: 4

Once they add a little more to the post game (off/def) I will be a happy man. Bums that have no offensive skill can spin off defenders and 99% of the time is a bucket. Shouldn't have to double Kwame Brown when Aldridge should be able to defend him easily.

But Zach Randolph taught Blake Griffin how to work in the low post. Put up 30 points and no bs, just good counter moves to everything I tried to do.

Auto play calling would be nice.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »