Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Hey guys, love the momentum(a small ripple really) that this game is gaining on these forums. I don't post much but I read the forums a lot. Yes the other game is more polished and prettier and in a lot of areas the better game but for some reason I keep going back to live. I guess I keep slipping the other game in cause it looks good and im supposed to like that game better. As it's been said you need to play and learn live to appreciate it. Yes there are some weird animations and not enough signature animations but guys are in the right place and doing the right things at the appropriate times.
Sorry for the rant. I'm not concerned about the graphics, they are fine, not great but serviceable. Animation and player contact physics(I guess these are tied together), simply they need more variety and improvement. The menus are slick, crisp and fast. One last thing, does it bother anyone else that the live team felt the need to apologize. That irked me, stand by your game. Especially if your claiming to improve it this year and not wait for 15. If I hadn't bought it day one that probably would have turned me off to the game. Rant over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #346
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

just finished a few games of the tip off mode and all I gotta say is this is not the same game I was playing a week ago lol. this game is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you not telling us ea? the community needs some answers!!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #347
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3

2k just wont work for some reason game wouldnt load up so i tried reinstalling it 2-3 times and it wont even install all the way (its 2k not my PS4 rest of my games work fine) so this is probably going to Gamestop and im picking up Live, Ive been playing the demo alot recently with my troubles with 2k and i gotta say its growing on me.
NFL: Tennessee Titans
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #348
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
just finished a few games of the tip off mode and all I gotta say is this is not the same game I was playing a week ago lol. this game is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you not telling us ea? the community needs some answers!!!!
+1 dude.

If you haven't messed with coach settings, do so now. Adds even more random strategy from the ai.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #349
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williekemp15
2k just wont work for some reason game wouldnt load up so i tried reinstalling it 2-3 times and it wont even install all the way (its 2k not my PS4 rest of my games work fine) so this is probably going to Gamestop and im picking up Live, Ive been playing the demo alot recently with my troubles with 2k and i gotta say its growing on me.

Not sure what your plans are but if you are trading it in take it to Best Buy if that is an option for you. $40 trade in on all Next Gen games

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #350
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
I am loving this game (with knowing it can only get better). Only thing I have to stay away from is spamming the spin move. I play with the Dubs and Steph Curry has a super quick spin that gets him around his defender 100% of the time. Doesn't matter who is guarding him. It looks like one of the animations that speeds up compared to the rest of his movements. Maybe all EA has to do is slow down that animation but in its current state someone online could spam the heck out of that...
yea thats one thing that bugs me. there are a few moves that are too exploitable (like the hop step) that need to be toned down. offline it doesnt hurt too much since the cpu doesnt overuse it but online it would really kill it for me.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #351
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Game is just flat out fun. I am losing a game to the Clippers as the Kings, 12 minute quarters, 93-63 at the end of 3 Chris Paul had 27 pts, 8 assists at the half. Insane. I can't get anything going. They're pushing the ball and getting good looks because I'm having to double down on Griffin, Jordan, leaving the perimeter wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #352
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Game is just flat out fun. I am losing a game to the Clippers as the Kings, 12 minute quarters, 93-63 at the end of 3 Chris Paul had 27 pts, 8 assists at the half. Insane. I can't get anything going. They're pushing the ball and getting good looks because I'm having to double down on Griffin, Jordan, leaving the perimeter wide open.
Alright I am going to join the movements. Games sound great. I am starting to really enjoy the demo. The other game really seems scripted.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »