Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2014, 05:36 AM   #1145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I was late to BBall, being from UK don't hear much about it really. But NBA2k12 got me into basketball and following it.

Played 2k12,13 and 14 Next gen and enjoyed it, looks good feels good, but after a while you feel the game is just to easy. PG and my PF sticking 30-40 points on HoF. Hell, 3rd game with a rating of 67 i had 38 + 17 rebounds + 5 blocks.

Heard Live was coming and got the demo, did not like it one bit. felt awkward, looked bad, game play was lame. After this, looked around and seen the review slating it.

So, heard about the patches and how they had a positive effect on the game and that EA were looking to sort it out. Found a copy cheap and im enjoying it.

I find it plays more true to real life basketball then 2k. Im not trying to start a Live vs 2k, just how i feel it compares to the leading BBall game.

I find it hard to score i have to work for it (I dont use or know any cheese moves). When i do a good dunk, it make me feel good. 2k, my PG dunks over 3 people easy.

I think EA can get Live to a very enjoyable game at a good level, its got potential and i think they need to sort 14 out if they want Live 15 to sell.

It needs some more tweaks on the animations along with some more dunks,layups, shot types etc some more contact animation. Also noticed sometimes that the AI freezes and commits a turnover

To sum up, it can be enjoyable and feels rewarding and its improving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #1146
Pro

I can’t believe anyone on here praises this game. I think people must be just looking for a fun escape as this plays nothing like a simulation of the NBA. I buy all EA sports games, but this one is embarrassing compared to FIFA.
  • Authentic team styles? Every point guard initiates the offenses in this game!!!!! Mario Chalmers is John Stockton. Ridiculous.
  • 99.9% of the time the cpu grabs an offensive rebound they try to dunk it. No one passes out. Even when they need a three to tie, they go up for two!!!
  • Kevin McHale was interviewed last week and said “We have two paces, uphill and downhill”. I.e. slow and fast. This game only goes uphill. There’s no nba pace at all except the slow walk it up half court sets tired teams run to START a game in the nba, not ALL game. They still walk it up and play a tired half court set in this game when they are down 4 with 30 seconds to go!!!
  • Blocks??? If you have any semi decent 7 footer on your roster and you can’t block 20 shots a game then you should check your controller response as blocking in this game is so easy you could shut your eyes and sleep half the game and still block as many shots as Wilt.
  • Every center and power forward are basically the same around the basket. Everyone can spin and jam like blake griffin does in Mr 24s video above. The ONLY difference is guys like Dirk can also step out. But every big is a dunking, spinning, shawn kemp clone in this game. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • NO CPU TIME OUTS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! How could dozens of you post here and hardly anyone mention this!
  • Absolutely no physicality around the hoop. It’s like everyone is coated in grease and you slider by anyone!
  • Dozens more problems. Game flaws in this thing would be war and peace length if someone listed them all.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #1147
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This kind of stuff kills me...I'm genuinely asking, what am I supposed to do against this?

http://youtu.be/_AZhs6gpCig
Consider it a wash, pretend there was some other post shot taken and move on.

Seriously, part of me enjoying this game is filtering out the one-a-game things that made me quit when it first came out. That is what let me see the good and get enjoyment out of it. The only things that truly get to me now are the ones that drastically affect the game, CPU running time out, players not catching passes (watching it go out of bounds), etc.

NBA 2K10 Community Site Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cndytDNb-c

The people say they're pretty good.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #1148
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
Consider it a wash, pretend there was some other post shot taken and move on.

Seriously, part of me enjoying this game is filtering out the one-a-game things that made me quit when it first came out. That is what let me see the good and get enjoyment out of it. The only things that truly get to me now are the ones that drastically affect the game, CPU running time out, players not catching passes (watching it go out of bounds), etc.
I hear you man, it’s something I honestly try to do with sports games because it’s inevitable you’ll see some WTF moments..In this case though, it’s just part of a bigger issue where the CPU is constantly dumping the ball down and scoring at will…by any means necessary. Whether it be by something like the video, or ignoring the double team and dunking on everyone…just a frustrating experience. Like I mentioned last week, I saw Dirk do a finger roll from post position that was all net…and hey, whatever…I know the game has animation issues…but the other stuff is just hard to swallow sometimes..
Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #1149
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I was under the impression that rosters were gonna be updated on a daily basis??? Have they decided not to follow through on this??
They are definitely not living up to the promises that were made pre-release.

Not taking injuries into account, the current roster errors are:

Bynum still on Cleveland
Deng still on Chicago
Lee still on Boston
Bayless still on Memphis
Orton still on Philadelphia
Williams still on Los Angeles Lakers
Wayns still Los Angeles Clippers
Amundson still on New Orleans
James still on Chicago
Childress still on New Orleans

It seems like December 10 is the cutoff point for how recent the roster is right now, as that's when the Rudy Gay trade and Stephen Jackson signing occurred.

Every transaction I looked at since December 10 is still not reflected in the game.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #1150
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
They are definitely not living up to the promises that were made pre-release.

Not taking injuries into account, the current roster errors are:

Bynum still on Cleveland
Deng still on Chicago
Lee still on Boston
Bayless still on Memphis
Orton still on Philadelphia
Williams still on Los Angeles Lakers
Wayns still Los Angeles Clippers
Amundson still on New Orleans
James still on Chicago
Childress still on New Orleans

It seems like December 10 is the cutoff point for how recent the roster is right now, as that's when the Rudy Gay trade and Stephen Jackson signing occurred.

Every transaction I looked at since December 10 is still not reflected in the game.
well they just put out a bunch of new big moments so hopefully a roster update will be out today also. definitely disappointing that were not seeing those daily updates in rosters though.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #1151
Hall Of Fame

Wednesday is also the day that Ultimate Team has been updated in the past, so we'll see if anything new is added to the mode today.

There have been no Ultimate Team additions since December 25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #1152
Rookie

What makes it bad about that is every time you click something the game is looking online for new info, roster updates from what I can tell. I would think the roster thing is an automatic thing without much from the developers as far as hands-on. Maybe something isn't working the way it's supposed to be working. Who knows. I DO fear that they may have abandoned ship though. If that's true then that would be sad.

It would probably be a good idea to post at the EA forums also. I'll do that later on myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »