Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #249
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...88381481237582

Paul George with the friendly bounce. First time I've seen this since I've been playing, that I've seen a ball go in off the bounce. Seen 2-3 other times in the last quarter too. They're doing things, I'm sure of it.

I just had the best game yet, and I lost to the Thunder in Overtime. They took PG24 out of the game in OT. Doubling every time he touched the ball. It was amazing.

Their ball movement, and slicing to the hole, finding the open man or cutter was awesome. Forced me to go zone, and they found the creases and hit the open man.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #250
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

The more comfortable I get with the controls the better this game gets and the more it resembles good fundamental ball

Love how the stars shine and you can tell. PnR's are a thing of beauty as well as the ball movement. Get 2 players who know what they are doing and this game is awesome Hum vs Hum.

I wish I knew how to upload some of what I'm seeing up to this sight and it would silence a lot of the naysayers. Not that it matters but I think it would open up some who have completely shot this game down unfairly.

The "Snap feature" will get a lot of run today because I want to game all day. I've played 3 games already in the last 2 hours and I haven't been able to say that with the other game as of yet and that could be due to the issues that are being worked out

The gameplay is there for this game. It's not no where near as flashy but damn it's good and getting better.

My 12 year old son is a 2K fanatic and a pretty good player himself and he's starting to watch me play this game after shooting the demo down 2 weeks ago and is chiming in his thoughts and he's starting to come around and in the beginning his initial take in the the game was graphically it was ugly and it played weird. Now today he's talking about how good it plays. Go figure

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-08-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #251
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I agree. My internet is bogging for some reason. I'm going to have to upgrade it seems.

The game is good. It's nice to be able to use the role players to their strengths. I'll run plays for Copeland on the Pacers to get him some good open looks spotting up. Use a defensive strategy to help him on defense, because he's not a great defender. If you leave him on an island on defense, may as well run back the other way Same thing in this game.

Seeing the CPU use strategy to beat you, instead of cheap tactics is a thing of beauty. I've never felt the "Oh crap" moment when they start doubling PG as soon as he touches the ball. I was executing the pick n roll, pick n pop to perfection, not really even scoring that much with PG, but he was initiating it, and the Thunder put a stop to that. They keyed in that he was the one who was leading to open looks. Not just scoring. That's basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #252
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having trouble defending in the game. Can anybody give me a run down on how to do it? I dont feel the right stick, with the slides moves help me.

I really like the demo, its challenging and with all the good news that the retail games play better then the demo, i'm on the verge to buy it!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #253
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Don't overuse the left trigger button/defensive stance. Just stay in front of your man with the analog. Dont reach and lunge for steals. Its tough to get the hang of, but when you get it, you won't have an issue anymore.

I only use the defensive stance button in the post and I am bodying up someone. Play off ball sometimes and watch how your teammates shade the ball handler.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Don't overuse the left trigger button/defensive stance. Just stay in front of your man with the analog. Dont reach and lunge for steals. Its tough to get the hang of, but when you get it, you won't have an issue anymore.

I only use the defensive stance button in the post and I am bodying up someone. Play off ball sometimes and watch how your teammates shade the ball handler.
What about the use of the right stick? with the slides? when should i use it, if I should use it?
and in the post, how do I d-up the spin move they always do?

Question for the retail game, is it still not possible to move while having the hands up or a hand up for the shot?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #255
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
I'm having trouble defending in the game. Can anybody give me a run down on how to do it? I dont feel the right stick, with the slides moves help me.

I really like the demo, its challenging and with all the good news that the retail games play better then the demo, i'm on the verge to buy it!
As WTF said lay off the trigger so much if you are doing that. Also know the personnel that you are playing against. I play off players out past the 3 pt arc especially if they aren't great shooters in real life. If a PG is killing me I will sometimes call for a DT to help contain him and try to get him to kick it out as opposed to letting him beat me off the dribble.

Numerous defensive adjustments you can make to help you on D. Find the one that works for the type of team/situation you are up against

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #256
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
What about the use of the right stick? with the slides? when should i use it, if I should use it?
and in the post, how do I d-up the spin move they always do?

Question for the retail game, is it still not possible to move while having the hands up or a hand up for the shot?
As for the last question no you can't move with your hands up just like the demo

Sent from my iPhone

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »