Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #185
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Who likes Live more because they think the pick and roll is stellar ?
the pick and roll is a major part of the nba so great p&r controls is a huge deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #186
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
the pick and roll is a major part of the nba so great p&r controls is a huge deal.
Finally someone agrees. A hoop game without the pick and roll ain't a sim hoop game. Watched my Pistons last night and every half court set features some form of the pick and roll. It's unstoppable with most teams with a legit big man.

If it's not in the game then you may as well play NBA Streets.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #187
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The crashes led me here too

I'll see if I can grab some videos tomorrow night. I should have an opportunity to play then.

I'd download the demo again if you haven't. I don't know if its Synergy or not, but the teams are playing differently than they were when the demo first dropped.

I see in your vid you using multiple teams ?? Can you access all teams in the demo or something ? (you only have the demo right now right ?)
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #188
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Only have the demo right now. Full game on the way. You can only access the other teams in the Big Moments games. For example, you can only use the Bulls for about 10 seconds. The Magic you can use for 4 minutes. Celtics vs Heat for 4-5 seconds. But it does give you a chance to see the other players.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #189
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
On next gen I thought the pick and roll was fine and dandy for 2k too tho. Again, live has potential. But its pretty bad as a whole. I'm suggesting to ea don't make promises you can't keep. They boasted a next gen experience and nobody seems to notice we've seen much better sports games on 10 year old consoles. This game is in beta stages and has NBA Elite scribbled under the Live logo.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #190
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Synergy is still hit and miss in this game.

Can definitely see the potential there when it's on point, but when it's not(which most of the time for me it isn't)....man SMH.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #191
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

That's why I'm thinking that the game could potentially have a favorable future, even without too many additions/tweaks. Granted, animations and graphics are two things that are needed to make the game look better, and expand the depth.

But... when the Synergy is working like it should, the game plays a really good game. I played the game the other night after Jermaine Oneal went off in real life, and they were feeding him for little post fadeaways. It wasn't a signature style Jermaine fadeaway like I would have liked it to be, but it was in the right spot, and they were going to him. This was with the 2nd unit being in there. Otherwise, Curry & Klay were taking the shots, and eating me alive. Curry was taking me off the dribble like he was eating my Pacers alive the other night.

Granted, there are some games that I look around and wonder where this type of gameplay is. If they can really nail it down though, this game will eventually evolve into something good I believe.

Do you have the demo or full version PP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #192
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That's why I'm thinking that the game could potentially have a favorable future, even without too many additions/tweaks. Granted, animations and graphics are two things that are needed to make the game look better, and expand the depth.

But... when the Synergy is working like it should, the game plays a really good game. I played the game the other night after Jermaine Oneal went off in real life, and they were feeding him for little post fadeaways. It wasn't a signature style Jermaine fadeaway like I would have liked it to be, but it was in the right spot, and they were going to him. This was with the 2nd unit being in there. Otherwise, Curry & Klay were taking the shots, and eating me alive. Curry was taking me off the dribble like he was eating my Pacers alive the other night.

Granted, there are some games that I look around and wonder where this type of gameplay is. If they can really nail it down though, this game will eventually evolve into something good I believe.

Do you have the demo or full version PP?
Finished one of the best games I've had in recent memory earlier. GS vs OKC(me). And went to double overtime. GS came back in the 4th with Curry killing me from deep and Lee in the post. Almost lost in both overtimes but Thabo hit a 3 for the tie in OT and Westbrook/Durant took over in the 2nd. Great game besides J O'Neal killing me in the post. But read on here somewhere that he recently had a monster game.

All in all, great game from beginning to end. Walked away not feeling cheated and no funny stuff happened.

Just watching Melo work around the court is nice. Dying to see how other stars work.

Can't wait to get off to play the full retail version.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »