Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #209
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1394555257456837

Another fast break off of a rebound. I was the Suns in this case, and they hit the cutting Hansborough on the secondary break.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, I'm no longer ashamed to admit it - I really like this game.

Playing against the CPU is flat out fun. Every game that I've played feels unique.

I just started a Dynasty with the Bulls and lost my first game 98-81 against Miami. I played them tough for close to 3 quarters, but I started taking too many 3's and ended up going ice cold in the 4th.

The CPU movement on offense was outstanding. Back screens, pick and roll, high low action...I was really happy to see that. Just night and day from the demo. LeBron only had 4 points going into the half, but he started to take control in the 2nd half and ended up with 18-7-2 w/ 4 steals. The assists were too low for my liking, but that's okay. Wade lead the charge with 23-4-4, while Bosh chipped in with 13-9 w/ 2 blocks. Beasley was their main scoring option off the bench, putting up 10-9 in 21 minutes.

Rose (I wish) paced my Bulls with 20-7-5 but was only 8-18 shooting. He couldn't buy a bucket in the 4th quarter. Deng and Gibson both chipped in with 12. I only put up 81 points, but I think part of that was because I was playing Miami and part of that was because I'm still somewhat a novice with these controls. And just as a random note, I love how your players will come around screens and actually not jump back behind the 3-point line as soon as you pass it to them like they do in 2K (if you know what I'm referring to). It's nice when Deng comes off a screen and will catch the ball at the elbow and shoot a midrange jumper.

The biggest issues that I'm seeing reoccur that bother me are:

- Too many blocked shots (19 total in my game). And it's not just the number, but too many J's are getting stuffed.

- Not enough fouls. Only 9 TOTAL in my game. I will try and bump up the foul sliders and see if that helps.

- I feel like the CPU doubles too often in the post when they shouldn't be. And a lot of times when they double, your player will pick up his dribble automatically,

For me, if they could just patch these small issues, I would be thrilled.

Not trying to bring 2K up, but after playing today, there are still a ton of issues with CPU cheese, points in the paint, and just a scripted/computer assistance feeling that frustrates me to the point that I can't play it right now. It's looking like Live will be my single player game, and 2K will be my user vs. user game.

My wife is already sleeping on the couch, so I've got all night fellas! Time to take on Melo and the Knicks...

Last edited by JoeDog10; 12-06-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #211
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1394555257456837

Another fast break off of a rebound. I was the Suns in this case, and they hit the cutting Hansborough on the secondary break.
I want to see 2on 1 and 3 on 1 breaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #212
Rookie

Well, I just lost to the Knicks 88-75. I was able to hold them to 43% from the field, but unfortunately I shot an abysmal 39%. I am really going to need to practice my offense in this game.

Melo was a monster going for 29-6-3 on 14-28 shooting. It was really awesome seeing how often he went up and posted on the block and shot his patented fadeaway. You know what wasn't awesome though? Deng blocked his first 3 fadeaway shots, and 7 of them overall. It was kind of ridiculous. Again, I hope that's something they can tone down, as I had 19 blocks that game.

I still can't hit the broad side of a barn with Rose, as I went 7-18 from the field. I'm starting to get his signature dribbling down though, so I think that's going to change real soon.

Good stuff though.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #213
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I'll agree with you JoeDog, the more I play, the more I'm enjoying myself. The blocks, I'm having the same issue,but overall, it's not bad. Everything else is actually pretty well on point. I've seen some pretty nice blocks from behind as well.

Unfortunately I'll get hardly no time on the sticks this weekend.

Kobe torched me for 33 points last night though, in a quick game that I ran with.

The amount of coaching options are great. The ability to set a scheme on each player is something that should be included in every game. Pau was killing me at one point, went into the options, and figured out how you can custom tailor your guarding style of him. I started fronting, making them pass over the top, help side defense helped shut him down. It was a thing of beauty.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #214
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

CPU even on rookie seems to make 100% of their open jumpers. Least on my game the do. I on the other hand i will miss wide open jumpers with guys like Paul George. Realistically that us fine, but the CPU needs to miss even the open shots sometimes. In the real world nobody can shoot like this. Difficulty level seems to have zero bearing on the AI. Anyway.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #215
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I'm not seeing the same things GisherJohn24. I'm not sure why or why not. I can dominate with George, and I'm seeing a ton of missed wide open looks. I'm seeing some pretty good stats other than the blocks. Even had a pretty good amount of Free Throws last night. I'm on the Pro level, I guess Default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #216
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Does shot release timing matter? Or is it stat based? Depending on player?

Any word on eas promised gameplay tweaks? Patches?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »