Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-06-2024, 12:11 AM   #57
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
There's an option for "system" with choices like triangle, perimeter centric, 7 seconds, etc.
And as far as I know that influences rotations and may influence freelance to some extent. Some of the options like triangle likely act as choosing freelance because there is only one freelance associated with the system.

But as far as explicitly saying "this coach likes to run Philly elbow" no, no such option exists
What you do on old-gen is just go into a Scrimmage with the team of the coach you want to edit, open Offensive Game Plan (or whatever it's called in the pause menu), and set your preferred freelances. Those freelance assignments are for the coach, not the team, and if you fire the coach and he gets hired elsewhere, the freelance assignments you attached to him will travel to the new team.
Old 02-06-2024, 12:23 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
What you do on old-gen is just go into a Scrimmage with the team of the coach you want to edit, open Offensive Game Plan (or whatever it's called in the pause menu), and set your preferred freelances. Those freelance assignments are for the coach, not the team, and if you fire the coach and he gets hired elsewhere, the freelance assignments you attached to him will travel to the new team.
Thats a hack and not a full on feature
Old 02-06-2024, 12:57 AM   #59
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Thats a hack and not a full on feature
...? I mean, it would obviously be preferable if freelances were accessible out-of-game, but the point remains that freelance preferences are indeed editable for any coach who is actively coaching a team. It's not a hack; it's merely something you have to be on the court to edit, so put yourself there and you can edit it.

I'm just pointing out that the item on your wishlist is already in the game. If you want to amend your wishlist to "the ability to assign freelances from the out-of-game MyNBA/MyLEAGUE dashboard", then fair enough, and I'd like to see that too.

Also, I dunno about new-gen, but on old-gen there are inexplicably some coaching sliders that are only accessible via the roster editor and others that are only accessible once you've begun your franchise. There's no reason for it to be that way, so I'm guessing it was some sort of oversight that hasn't been fixed for years. Fortunately on PC you can restore full access to all sliders, but it's dumb that we even have to. Hopefully they can address that if they haven't already on new-gen.
Old 02-06-2024, 12:58 AM   #60
Rookie

I’d love if:

- Soft hedge,Hard Hedge and double defensive settings work.

- The cpu shoots more triple threat shots (even at 100 the tendency appears to do nada ?!)

- the cpu shoots more size ups shots instead of relentlessly driving.

- more ai pnr alley oops (trae youngesque)

- Overall I wish someone at 2k would test cpu vs cpu. It really shows the glaring issues in ai behaviour. The majority of plays are fine for the user but slow/broken/automated for the cpu. That’s all.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:16 AM   #61
Rookie

Forgot what 2k it was but bring back game reels post game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2024, 10:09 AM   #62
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Time to do some basic motion capture for coaches. Don't even need to use a real coach, just a real...human being doing some typical coach gestures. It would make such a difference to see coaches behave like human beings instead of virtual robots.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 02-13-2024, 01:55 PM   #63
Just started!

A pretty simple one, a better search in anything 2k share wise. I hate that I just have to scroll or know a gamertag. Let me search for keywords, etc.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:17 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYams
A pretty simple one, a better search in anything 2k share wise. I hate that I just have to scroll or know a gamertag. Let me search for keywords, etc.
2k share needs lots of improvements, there's so much wrong with it.

The ability to like/dislike an upload. Ability to sort by most downloaded when you search something. Having more than 10 saved rosters/draft classes per account is my #1 wish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »