Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-18-2024, 01:41 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
More options to get the series back to how it used to be (2K14 and prior) in terms of "skill" balance would be great. I understand so many players embrace the idea of removing randomness, but in my opinion (and I think others, even if they may not realize it) randomness always has been a core part of why sports can be so enjoyable. Knowing that an elite player can shoot 2/10 is a feature, not a bug. There is just as much skill in knowing how to take smart shots and run plays, compared to someone dribbling around back and forth and timing things perfectly.

All the focus on greens has resulted in unrealistically low success rate on even lightly contested jumpers, low 3pt attempts overall, and a severe lack of help defense. I'll say again and again that it's hard to replicate real NBA defense when shots go in at far higher rates than real life. We have a smother hounding bulldog Ausar Thompson style defense for ALL defenders in 2K24 because of how (overly) potent the open shot is.

I'm not asking for the direction of the series to go in the opposite direction because it's obvious that will never happen. But continuing and expanding on giving users the ability to further change how the game operates is good. Make sure the sliders do what they should do. Add more sliders. Add more options. This series might sport "NBA" on the cover, but the last several years its become clear where the direction and style has been headed. You can tune into any real game going on and see watch defenders react, cave to the paint to protect drives, and simple drive and kick/blow-bys and notice 2K does not at all replicate basic motions and flows of real offenses -- at least not on a regular basis (and it's very possible, it just depends if players actually wanted that in their hyper competitive video game)
I know it's been months, but I love this whole write-up. I love basketball, and I want to love this game. I agree with many of these aspects of gameplay. Reworking these elements could make this game so much better. That said I think I'm going constant skipping a year. I'll get more time with the MyNba I'm playing and not have tonspend so much time with back end logistics.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-18-2024, 01:59 AM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Bring back the ability to edit players' wingspan, body length, shoulder width and muscle definition. 2K's player models have been bad for years now, and many players still have big heads - need to be able to edit that as well. If developers have no wish to do it, then allow gamers to do it.
There is a way to do this somewhat for created players on current gen. If you go into the edit player appearance screen and go down to chest, that allows you to edit the players body frame. For wingspan, you simply need to export the player to be able to edit the wingspan in then copy them over the player model in your MyNba.

Old 04-18-2024, 02:01 AM   #91
Rookie

I want them to finally have the CPU be able to set realistic defensive matchups

Also the CPU substitution logic needs work, same thing with ace overall.

Working zone defense!

#Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2024, 02:22 AM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1287
This is one of my problems with MyNBA too. Most of the auto-gen players don't even look like real people, they look like they were raised at a nuclear testing site. Lots of mismatched facial features and way too many tattoo sleeves going on.
Suggestion for this would be to find some of the created draft classes from creators on here and use those. There are at least 10 years worth. Even use some of the draft classes from creators that make "real" draft classes. Unless you do the work yourself or download draft classes, they will always be really bad. Does it take a lot of work, yes! Will it make your league better, yes! I spend a lot of time tweeking players, rosters and play styles throughout my leagues (I do 30 team control and treat it like a sandbox).

Old 04-18-2024, 10:16 PM   #93
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
Oh I'm well aware that most of the issues I raise would be less than a blip on 2k's priorities, haha. And rightly so.

It just annoys me that there's no mechanism to make retired players actually retire. You can't stop the CPU from signing them unless you start a MyNBA with all teams having at least 14 players, so the CPU doesn't automatically sign players to fill out roster spots. And if you release them, you have to stay in control of the CPU teams or they just re-sign them again, even if you add an injury.

Plus they don't always actually retire in game, so you get to the next free agency period in the offseason and guys like Rubio and Ross get signed as they still have a decent OVR. Being able to manually retire players via the edit screen would be great for people like me that like immersion and realism. I already spend far too long correcting all the inaccuracies in 2k's roster updates, so this is just another bugbear relating to that
I didn’t realize that about CPU teams re-signing them even if you add an injury (I’m a 30-team control guy so I don’t really know or care much about what the CPU tends to do). Couldn’t you just nerf their ratings though to make them undesirable to sign? If Rubio says he’s retiring, that means he will start eating a large Pizza Hut deep-dish pizza all on his own every night from now on, so you can realistically drop all of his athleticism ratings down to 25, lol.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:26 AM   #94
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Couldn’t you just nerf their ratings though to make them undesirable to sign?
Yeah that was my next move after realising that adding injuries didn't prevent them getting signed again.

As I said, completely minor issue that they're realistically never going to waste resources on. But for someone like me that likes creating NBA worlds that are as realistic as possible, the option to manually set someone to retire would be great. That way you could set this on Rubio, Ross, Griffin, Dragic, Porter Jr etc and they would all retire in the next offseason and, if applicable, start the process of becoming coaches/staff members.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:39 AM   #95
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
Yeah that was my next move after realising that adding injuries didn't prevent them getting signed again.

As I said, completely minor issue that they're realistically never going to waste resources on. But for someone like me that likes creating NBA worlds that are as realistic as possible, the option to manually set someone to retire would be great. That way you could set this on Rubio, Ross, Griffin, Dragic, Porter Jr etc and they would all retire in the next offseason and, if applicable, start the process of becoming coaches/staff members.
Yeah, here's the relevant interface in 2K Tools. No idea why 2K doesn't make simple stuff like this accessible within the base game.
Attached Images
File Type: png toolsscreenshot.png (19.3 KB, 68 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 12:07 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 2

Everybody touched on gameplay, courts and CAP so I will talk mynba everything is good but could be better. The draft needs revamping, all star weekend needs revamping, free agency could be better gleague players overfilling the free agency market with ratings being close to the role players asking for astronomical money averaging a whole 5ppg and 5rpg. At this point I don’t think gleague is needed. Make winning the championship more lively and important because a 10 second cutscene is not enough especially when a random gleague player celebrating like a kid who didn’t contribute to the group project but gets an A+ too. Also them sleep doctors, strength doctors, stamina doctors is a waste to me as well. Media tweets are a waste of time it’s nice but useless. Also when you advance ten years or later it needs to feel immersive like new stars need to be talked about like the next lebron, next kd. Big trade rumors of stars wanting out Example Trae young, Donovan Mitchell. Everybody might not like cutscenes but if done correctly like press conferences, draft, free agency, all star weekend it would be cool. If we can have an open world riding go karts, robots and jetpacks in my player then this should be easily done for mynba players

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »