Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

Have mentioned this before but I'd like to see them introduce a better system for retired players. Right now they are just placed in the free agency pool until they retire in-game so that they can become coaches, but there are a couple of issues with this (from a realism point of view):

1) They don't always retire at the end of the season; and
2) The CPU often signs them to fill out roster spots (I've seen Rubio, Dragic and Terrence Ross signed by about 3-4 different teams in various roster updates).

Maybe a good way to do it would be to add "retired" as one of the injury types, and doing so would prevent the player from being signed anywhere and also prompt the player to retire in the next offseason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2024, 05:33 AM   #82
Rookie

As someone who does a lot of editing to my roster and controls everyone, I'd love to see some stuff to do with tendencies. Like idk why deep 3s isn't a tendency but it absolutely should be, guys like dame should regularly pull from we'll behind the arc, it'd make the gsmeplay so much more fun and realistic. Also stuff like have a tendency for crashing the glass maybe? Like pat bev or Josh giddey as PG's are routinely attacking the offensive glass, I know it's an attribute but I think having stuff like that would help tons with sim stats. One more I'd love is heat check tendency but that's probably not gonna happen hahaha

Sent from my SM-S908E using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-15-2024, 12:08 AM   #83
Rookie

This may have been mentioned earlier (on this thread or previous NBA 2K edition wishlist threads), but I would like to see in Play Now mode the home team jersey that is selected then the court colors match the jerseys being worn. For example, if the Mavs are wearing the green retros, then the court should look like the old Reunion Arena. Not only should the court design be adjusted to match the jerseys being worn, but the score bug should also be adjusted. In that case with the Mavs retro green unis, then the 80's logo with the cowboy hat should be the logo used in the score bug.

Madden has the same problem. If the retros are being worn, then the end zone art should be adjusted accordingly along with the score bug. For example, the Eagles' Kelly Green unis.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:41 AM   #84
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
The more I play, the more I see how weird some of the transitions into the ProPlay animations can be and it causes some unrealistic clashes where offensive players just pass right through defenders. Doesn’t happen a whole lot but it would be nice to see them continue to build on this and clean it up as they go.
It is really rough looking; I've been saying so since the game came out (and predicted it would get more attention as the year went along and the honeymoon phase wore off). If they just continue adding new animations without tightening up the mechanics of how they function, then ProPlay will actually end up being an animation downgrade from the old mocaps, at least to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
Have mentioned this before but I'd like to see them introduce a better system for retired players. Right now they are just placed in the free agency pool until they retire in-game so that they can become coaches, but there are a couple of issues with this (from a realism point of view):

1) They don't always retire at the end of the season; and
2) The CPU often signs them to fill out roster spots (I've seen Rubio, Dragic and Terrence Ross signed by about 3-4 different teams in various roster updates).

Maybe a good way to do it would be to add "retired" as one of the injury types, and doing so would prevent the player from being signed anywhere and also prompt the player to retire in the next offseason?
While I think this would be nice to add, it's already very easy to achieve the same effect, so it would surprise me if they bothered with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket
This may have been mentioned earlier (on this thread or previous NBA 2K edition wishlist threads), but I would like to see in Play Now mode the home team jersey that is selected then the court colors match the jerseys being worn. For example, if the Mavs are wearing the green retros, then the court should look like the old Reunion Arena. Not only should the court design be adjusted to match the jerseys being worn, but the score bug should also be adjusted. In that case with the Mavs retro green unis, then the 80's logo with the cowboy hat should be the logo used in the score bug.

Madden has the same problem. If the retros are being worn, then the end zone art should be adjusted accordingly along with the score bug. For example, the Eagles' Kelly Green unis.
A current team wearing a retro jersey as a throwback is not the same as an actual historic matchup though. You can play more immersive retro matchups by using actual historic teams.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:37 PM   #85
Rookie

2Kray's Arena

Hoping with all the notoriety surrounding women’s basketball that they improve all the W modes. Its literally bare bones compared to the comparable modes of the NBA side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 11:30 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kray
Hoping with all the notoriety surrounding women’s basketball that they improve all the W modes. Its literally bare bones compared to the comparable modes of the NBA side.
I can almost guarantee that they will have Caitlin Clark as a cover for the W... definitely see them putting some more time into how they handle that mode.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:08 AM   #87
Rookie

I want Mycareer mode to take a step back from everything they are trying to do. The city sucks, i do not like running at 1 mph just to get somewhere i need to go. Nor do i want to drive a go cart or a robot around. Crazy how nba the life had better career mode.

I used to play every game in every 2k pre 2k19. When i first got 2k24 i played the first couple of games and then i somehow accidentally pressed play next key game and it skipped halfway through the season. For someone who loves playing every game, that really pissed me off.

Also, unless CAP gets a overhaul, i wont be buying the next 2k. Before this 2k, my last 2k was 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2024, 11:59 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
While I think this would be nice to add, it's already very easy to achieve the same effect, so it would surprise me if they bothered with this.
Oh I'm well aware that most of the issues I raise would be less than a blip on 2k's priorities, haha. And rightly so.

It just annoys me that there's no mechanism to make retired players actually retire. You can't stop the CPU from signing them unless you start a MyNBA with all teams having at least 14 players, so the CPU doesn't automatically sign players to fill out roster spots. And if you release them, you have to stay in control of the CPU teams or they just re-sign them again, even if you add an injury.

Plus they don't always actually retire in game, so you get to the next free agency period in the offseason and guys like Rubio and Ross get signed as they still have a decent OVR. Being able to manually retire players via the edit screen would be great for people like me that like immersion and realism. I already spend far too long correcting all the inaccuracies in 2k's roster updates, so this is just another bugbear relating to that

Last edited by sirdez; 04-18-2024 at 12:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »