Home

NBA 2K25 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K25 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-27-2023, 01:25 AM   #25
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K25 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1287
Here's some non-MyNBA things I would want:

PS5, XBOX Series X, PC only

Improvements to the 2k Share system. More than 10 combined saved roster and draft class slots. Ability to sort by downloads and the ability to like/dislike.
I'm doing historic draft classes and I'll have 4 different Playstation accounts because of the limited number of save slots.
PC doesn’t need to be included on the wish list for the save slot thing. 2K gives us 100 slots IIRC. I think we have the same low number of franchise save slots though (like ~15).

EDIT: The slot number is not so important anyway on PC since the literal computer files for the saves / rosters / draft classes can be shared externally.

EDIT 2: Actually my bad you’re talking about 2K Share, not offline saving. I think we can only share a small number via 2K Share. Same as console.

Last edited by vetmin; 12-27-2023 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

My wish is all defensive coach settings work as planned. It's ridiculous having settings like hedge that don't work.

Also the only way zone defense is an option is when the opposite team has zero pass accuracy.

Also when I make the rotations of a team on mynba and play against it and I put a 48min slider on a player, I want the game to respect that and don't sub him.

Also I want to be able to lunge for a steal in the passing lane and jump like in older iterations. Now, even if you know where the pass will go and even if your on the passing lane , you are hopeless
Old 12-29-2023, 05:20 PM   #27
Rookie

What ever happened to interactive shootarounds during pre-game? I thought that was really immersive and also a good way to get a feel for jumpers before the game starts, just like a real-life shootaround.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:50 AM   #28
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Bring back the ability to edit players' wingspan, body length, shoulder width and muscle definition. 2K's player models have been bad for years now, and many players still have big heads - need to be able to edit that as well. If developers have no wish to do it, then allow gamers to do it.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 12-31-2023, 08:39 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

An incentive to play on ball defense. I've seen the ball clip through my player on defense and the cpu gets all the bumping animations. The way the offensive player can just run into you with no contact is absurd. I don't even mind if I got called for a blocking foul on occasion but the collision detection needs major work.

More errant full court heaves on inbound passes. Nobody inbounds the way folk do routinely on here.

This'll never happen but the old post controls circa 2k10/11. From 12 on I pretty much avoid post play because they changed the controls so radically and I think they even took some moves out completely.

What is considered a contest. We see star players hit tough shots routinely but it's almost impossible to do that especially mid range because the contest distance is so far out. I've beaten defenders to spots or had them sag off majorly and risen up with a lot of air space but it's considered a contest. I've even had it where the line of site was clear but someone was behind me or to the side of me standing still or running near me and it's considered a contest.

Fade meter. I've gotten people to bite and create space to go up for a fade in the opposite direction but there's no green on the meter.

HOF difficulty lobbies from 2k10/11. I wouldn't even touch ranked.

A way to have individual defenders stay home without using deny ball.

AI defensive options that work. If I select leave him and gap there's no reason why my AI teammates should be draped over their assignment at the 3 point line instead of protecting the paint.

Bring back the ability to set defensive settings for the starting roster before games. Along with that, make all defensive options available in the timeout menu. Deny ball, catch hedge and other options have to be set in the the start menu which is alright but the start menu time is fairly limited and I like to use it sparingly to make adjustments as the game progresses. Having all of the defensive options available would be great.

Nerf 3 pt percentages for folk who don't shoot 3s well. I've seen Giannis, Ayton, AC Green, Rondo, Mcgee and others hit 3s consistently like they're Ray Allen.

A more thorough 2KU. Fighting games used to have basic training modes too but they've improved and 2k can afford to as well. Explanations of what certain dribble moves, passes, shot types are good for and the context with which to use them would be nice. Basketball theory and tutorials for beginners, advanced players and experts.

A no mirror match setting for PNO or the option to have a back up team in the case of a mirror match.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Last edited by YDBoUnCe; 12-31-2023 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2024, 10:10 PM   #30
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

1 let add some more 90's teams like
1990 san antonio
1991 bos
1992 pho u dont have to add chuck just add the court
1994 indy just add john smith for reggie

1996 hou det
1997 atl
1998 indy

1999 sac miami was the num 1 seed

2 lower the bumping a littie
3 if u make a player put a thing that says comp and u type that player in like reggie miller ray allen etc
Old 01-01-2024, 11:09 PM   #31
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
3 if u make a player put a thing that says comp and u type that player in like reggie miller ray allen etc
This isn't needed since we already have Player DNA to work with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2024, 04:39 PM   #32
Rookie

I play MyNBA, modern era, CPU vs CPU (or at least I used to, I haven't played in a couple of years), so this is mostly the stuff I'd want to see implemented for playing MyNBA/as a general manager, rather than gameplay stuff.

Small bug fixes, like:
- Fix the bug where teams don't sign their own second-round picks
- Increase how much teams prioritize re-signing their own star players to long-term extensions. I saw someone say that the rookie extension bug was fixed, but it seems like teams do not take advantage of it.
- Fix player progression so that 10 years in the future the league still looks sort of like it does now in terms of balance. In past 2Ks if you skip ahead 10-12 years almost every player 90 and above is a real player in their mid-late 30s, with a bunch of players bunched in around 80-85, and no real superstars. It shouldn't be hard to create weights so that generally speaking the quality of NBA players stays roughly the same on average throughout the years.

- Overhaul the scouting/draft system. As long as I'm dreaming, the scouting throughout the season should be more dynamic and fog-of-war. You should hone in on how good a player is over the course of a season (sort of like Madden does). Players should rise and fall (think about how often a guy projected as a late second rounder shoots up draft boards throughout the year because he's having a good season). You should be able to "work out" players more than just at the 2k Hoops Summit (which also shouldn't show player ratings when you play it). And after you draft a player, you shouldn't immediately know how good he is, or how high his potential is. Keep it to grades and estimates. And then you uncover more info about a player with playing time and practice.
- Improve draft presentation. Have a real green room! How cool would it be to see players walk up to the podium to get drafted and put on their team hat? This would be cool for older eras, too.
- Create more role playing elements or interactivity at big moments like the trade deadline or first few days of the free agency moratorium. Signing and trading players just feels like doing spreadsheet work when there should be some real life elements to it. A timer at the trade deadline where you can see who's on the trade block and have conversations with other GMs would be really entertaining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »