Home

Old 09-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #49
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Fouls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm going to go back to default sliders on everything but the contact sliders and the foul sliders and see if that shows improvements.

The reality is 2k has never been willing to program fouls on jumpshots right so the only way to get a decent number of fouls is to force the AI to drive to the basket.

I get pretty consistent fouls on jumpshots even at default SS foul sliders. Drive/Inside Contact Shot are both at 100, Vertical at 0 and Blocking at 35 (all for both user and CPU).

I’m thinking the issue people are having is with Blocking being too good and vertical being too high at default and thus they’re not fouling on jumpshots because they’re always getting the ball.

Try these settings and see if it’s any better for you.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I get pretty consistent fouls on jumpshots even at default SS foul sliders. Drive/Inside Contact Shot are both at 100, Vertical at 0 and Blocking at 35 (all for both user and CPU).

I’m thinking the issue people are having is with Blocking being too good and vertical being too high at default and thus they’re not fouling on jumpshots because they’re always getting the ball.

EM,

Keep in mind, I'm playing the current gen PC version and I think you moved on to next gen. I'll try vertical at 0 but the rest of my sliders were similar to yours.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:30 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:

I have a hard time believing you are getting fouls on jump shoots. I have played like 16 games and have not seen one foul on a 3 by either me or cpu and that is with fouls maxed out. Yes blocks are op starting to get better results with blocks now with lowering blocks. Are you seeing any difference between vertical of 0 and 50 besides just fouls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2021, 07:15 PM   #52
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I have a hard time believing you are getting fouls on jump shoots. I have played like 16 games and have not seen one foul on a 3 by either me or cpu and that is with fouls maxed out. Yes blocks are op starting to get better results with blocks now with lowering blocks. Are you seeing any difference between vertical of 0 and 50 besides just fouls?
Are you on Current gen or NG? I've seen a three on a foul in just about every game I've played so far (About 10 games). I also had a situation where Steph hit a three right after wigging kicked it out to him and it was a 4 pt play as RJ Barrett tried to draw a charge and Wiggins moment carried into him and it got called a blocking foul. First time I've ever seen that in 2k history
Old 09-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #53
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Are you on Current gen or NG? I've seen a three on a foul in just about every game I've played so far (About 10 games). I also had a situation where Steph hit a three right after wigging kicked it out to him and it was a 4 pt play as RJ Barrett tried to draw a charge and Wiggins moment carried into him and it got called a blocking foul. First time I've ever seen that in 2k history
Next gen ps5 do you have shot contest at default? Just about all the fouls I am seeing are going to the basket. I have seen a few on mid range jump shots but even than its very rare. I just played a game with vertical at 0 like the other poster said and I had 9 foul shots the whole game and cpu had 7. I wish I was seeing something like that has in real life now you see a foul on at least like 1 3 pointer ever game now. Charges and blocking fouls are pretty good but jump shot fouls are basically mia. This is something nba live did better back on nba live 2019 I think it was I played only the demo but I would see at least 1 foul on a 3 like ever game.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:22 PM   #54
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:

I’ve seen multiple jumpshot fouls per game with just the sliders I posted in my thread. Next gen, Superstar difficulty, haven’t really had an issue surprisingly.

Animations look better (fewer Superman blocks/rebounds/shot contests), movement feels weightier, and it makes positioning more important than just “I press triangle and you’re blocked”.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:39 AM   #55
All Star

Quote:
I’ve seen multiple jumpshot fouls per game with just the sliders I posted in my thread. Next gen, Superstar difficulty, haven’t really had an issue surprisingly.

Animations look better (fewer Superman blocks/rebounds/shot contests), movement feels weightier, and it makes positioning more important than just “I press triangle and you’re blocked”.
Played a game with it at zero and CPU and me still had a low amount of foul shots 9 each. I think I will play with it at zero though has it did seem like I saw less of those like rebonds where players get up like 12 feet lol. I heard a few people say they are seeing jump shot fouls and I am like are you playing a different game has jump shot fouls are basically mia. I am not sure if it's a difficulty thing has some of the people saying they are getting fouls are playing on superstar where I am on all star.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 09-19-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 12:17 PM   #56
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Played a game with it at zero and CPU and me still had a low amount of foul shots 9 each. I think I will play with it at zero though has it did seem like I saw less of those like rebonds where players get up like 12 feet lol. I heard a few people say they are seeing jump shot fouls and I am like are you playing a different game has jump shot fouls are basically mia. I am not sure if it's a difficulty thing has some of the people saying they are getting fouls are playing on superstar where I am on all star.

That would be my guess. I haven’t played All Star but saw multiple jumpshot fouls on Superstar and HOF. Happened to CPU shooters and my own too, and almost every time it was just a shot contest that was either slightly late or they couldn’t jump high enough to cover the distance AND block the shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »