Home

Old 09-18-2021, 11:54 AM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fouls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
There is a slider for the sim engine. But even set to 0 there are too many fouls imo with adjusted tendencies as I simmed through a bunch of seasons.

However I found a solution to this and that is to sim games at 11min quarters. I play games at 11min myself, always has been best setting for me to get the stats.

But 12min quarters in Sims everything was a bit too high. Scores were 140s, and even saw scores in the 160s with no overtime. And this was with team pace, fastbreaks, Possessions all set at 0. Crazy right? Lol

With 11min quarters, as unrealistic as it may be actually gives the best simulated stat results with adjusted sim engine sliders IMO. For instance, raising team pace, possessions, and other things will make up for the lost 4min of game time in regards to scoring and FGA.

This is allowing me to actually see realistic fouls in sims. When I get a chance to play more I'll raise foul tendency up to +25 globally (currently only +10). And for sim engine I have room to move foul slider down from 50 now at 11min quarters.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Small sample size but I'm disappointed. I changed every player to 100 for hard fouls, foul tendency and charging. I have contact at 100. I have fouls at 100. I played one half yesterday and had a total of 2 fouls.

I'm going to start from square 1 and see if a different combo of sliders will work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2021, 11:58 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Small sample size but I'm disappointed. I changed every player to 100 for hard fouls, foul tendency and charging. I have contact at 100. I have fouls at 100. I played one half yesterday and had a total of 2 fouls.

I'm going to start from square 1 and see if a different combo of sliders will work.
That also depends on how both teams are playing. Are you and the opposing team settling for jumpers, going hard to the rim, or somewhere in the middle?

Because I know the AI on default tendencies isn't very aggressive IIRC.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls4life
Seems like from what I've been reading this issue is unfixable(at least in producing realistic results). It just baffles me that sliders still have relatively little to no effect in this regard. It seems like 50 should produce an average amount of fouls and moving it higher or lower should produce that effect. Otherwise, what's the point? I just wish people who want an offline simulation experience would be held in the same regard as the online folks. I guess since we don't produce a steady stream of revenue purchasing microtransactions. We don't count anymore.
Coding and things like that, when it comes to making a game, are complex af. It's not just as easy as entering a command that says "Make foul slider more powerful" or "Call more shooting fouls." If it was, I promise they'd have done something by now.

Fouls are probably the one thing that the non-sim crowd wants to see almost none of, so it makes sense that they don't want to risk making fouls too powerful and potentially alienate the online crowd.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
That also depends on how both teams are playing. Are you and the opposing team settling for jumpers, going hard to the rim, or somewhere in the middle?

Because I know the AI on default tendencies isn't very aggressive IIRC.
I bumped it so that the AI is driving to the basket more but I need to tweak it some.

I'm driving to the basket and am triggering some of the animations that typically cause fouls to be called but I wasnt getting them last game. I'll keep trying.
Old 09-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #45
All Star

Quote:

If that didn't do much I don't think there is much you can do. I do wonder if in sliders if shot contest will lead to more fouls or the shot coverage impact or layup defense strength takeoff and release or the jumpsuit defense strength gather and release would do much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #46
All Star

Quote:
I'm going to try a few different things. Maybe make the floor for Draw Foul 70 or something like that. I have no idea how that will affect the sim engine though.
Are a lot of players draw fouls low? I have not looked and ratings enough to see if they are low by default or not. Looked at harden and he is at a 98 so he is not low but sure how other guys compare.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:13 PM   #47
All Star

Quote:
I bumped it so that the AI is driving to the basket more but I need to tweak it some.

I'm driving to the basket and am triggering some of the animations that typically cause fouls to be called but I wasnt getting them last game. I'll keep trying.
wow I find on default sliders that cpu drives to much and tries to force there way into the paint to much. I have take inside and close both at 44 for cpu and take mid range at 92 and take 3pt at 100 and seeing pretty good results when it comes to what the cpu tries to do.
Old 09-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
wow I find on default sliders that cpu drives to much and tries to force there way into the paint to much. I have take inside and close both at 44 for cpu and take mid range at 92 and take 3pt at 100 and seeing pretty good results when it comes to what the cpu tries to do.
I'm going to go back to default sliders on everything but the contact sliders and the foul sliders and see if that shows improvements.

The reality is 2k has never been willing to program fouls on jumpshots right so the only way to get a decent number of fouls is to force the AI to drive to the basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »