MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fouls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
please let me know if you find a good result
ty
Simulating a lot or seasons now while adjusting sim engine sliders. Not only am I getting fouls and free throw attempts, but also looking at everything from ppg, fga, 3pa, 3pt% etc. Looking at real life team stats from last few years. Overall the game is way off tbh. Scoring is extremely too high on default. I was seeing scoring of 160s with no OT.

I might as well post what I have when I get to a point where I am close to what I want.

What's crazy is I turned fouls to 0 for sim engine with default rosters and it was just barely lower than what real life averages are for fouls per game. The amount of 3pt shots have really decreased the total amount of fouls over the years now. Teams average around 20 fouls total per game nowadays. And 21 free throw attempts per game as well. Far less than we may have thought.

+25 for Foul tendency was creating too many fouls so I have it simulating now at +15. I just hope that's enough to create fouls in games played. Been focused on simulating and haven't tested playing yet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 07:17 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
+25 for Foul tendency was creating too many fouls so I have it simulating now at +15. I just hope that's enough to create fouls in games played. Been focused on simulating and haven't tested playing yet.
Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah - that is similar to what I did for 21. I think I bumped foul attributes and tendencies by about 20 and turned the sim engine fouls to 0. Worked pretty well. I probably averaged around 20-25 free throws a game for played games.

Sometimes simmed games would have 30+ free throws but not too often.

Looking forward to what you find for 22.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:21 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Have you guys set the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100? Of course there are few fouls at default, the game rarely triggers contact animations on shots/layups with these at 50.
I have Drive at 65 and Inside at 75 (same as I used for 21). Might go up. Agree about having so few contact animations at 50.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #28
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Have you guys set the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100? Of course there are few fouls at default, the game rarely triggers contact animations on shots/layups with these at 50.
I bumped these up to 55 and 60 for the 2nd half of the game I just played. Could be placebo but definitely had more fouls when driving to the rim. That along with the +15 on foul tendency for every player feels great in early testing.

I've played with those at 100 before in years past and it made it near impossible to make a layup and it just wasn't fun for me. I don't think I'm that great at the game to have these too high or else I become frustrated.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-14-2021 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 06:12 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

somebody here knows who is the project manager for the gameplay?
i know beluba, but to be honest he seems totally focused on the mycareer mypark badges etcetc
Old 09-17-2021, 04:27 AM   #30
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I bumped these up to 55 and 60 for the 2nd half of the game I just played. Could be placebo but definitely had more fouls when driving to the rim. That along with the +15 on foul tendency for every player feels great in early testing.

I've played with those at 100 before in years past and it made it near impossible to make a layup and it just wasn't fun for me. I don't think I'm that great at the game to have these too high or else I become frustrated.

Any way you could post some pics of your post-game stats of a few of the games? If it's a relatively simple fix. I would definitely think of picking up the game. Thanks and appreciate it in advance!
Old 09-17-2021, 04:49 AM   #31
All Star

I don't think this is going to be a thing you can fix with sliders. I just played a half with all foul sliders maxed out and shot contest at 100 and the layup contact sliders at 100 and cpu still only had 5 foul shots by half time. Also in like 14 games now I have not seen one foul by either me or cpu on a 3 point shot. The only thing that might be able to change this is upping the foul player ratings that each player has. Maybe to many players have a low foul rating I am not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2021, 06:43 AM   #32
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I don't think this is going to be a thing you can fix with sliders. I just played a half with all foul sliders maxed out and shot contest at 100 and the layup contact sliders at 100 and cpu still only had 5 foul shots by half time. Also in like 14 games now I have not seen one foul by either me or cpu on a 3 point shot. The only thing that might be able to change this is upping the foul player ratings that each player has. Maybe to many players have a low foul rating I am not sure.
Play a quck 5 min game with the allstar teams with those sliders you have. You'll see a big difference in free throws. I maxed out the foul sliders but I didnt even touch shot contest and layup sliders and the allstar game was a parade to the line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »