Home

NBA 2K20 Creweutah Community Sliders (HOF)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Creweutah Community Sliders (HOF) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Creweutah Community Sliders (HOF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
I tested them because I liked your previous work

so here are my feedbacks:

- pace of the game and gamespeed too fast. some animations are weird with this high speed especially during collisions

- far too many drives to the rim for players who usually drives like westbrook.
I like to compare this parameter through all slider set because it is still important to have the driving from him but not all the time or if he does, at least we can stop him. here he's just unstoppable and it's like he's oily as hell. (no roster or badge related because with some others, it works).
PS: i used your D and boxout settings

- as a consequence of my previous feedback, points in paint are big

- another parameter nice to check is the number of attempts of 3 points but also the FGA value. Here, there is also something wrong. about 3p attempts, in several games, it was for 3pt teams around 5-6 shots per quarter which give 20-24 shots at the end, once I got 30 shots.
but here again, now we big 3pt teams, it's more between 36 and 45 3pt shots

- High FGA value due to the drive and the fact that team doesn't temporize or make passes all around with the ball (only 1-2 or 2-3 passes and shoot) are a consequence that AI team shoots in less than 10-12 sec (so plenty of time remaining). so in a quarter, they shoot between 23 and 30 shoots !!!
If 23 is already a high value but currently ok for current nba teams, it should'nt be more than 24 to give max around 96 shots in a game.

- about offensive rebound, AI is still to strong which also lead to a higher FGA value

- same remark about stealing which is way too high

I tested everything in on/off ball defense
I've tried many sliders and based off that maybe lowering inside shots to 25, 3pt shots to 95 and increasing looking for post players will stop the drive more and create more mid to 3pt shots and any inside shots will be more likely be post shots since players are looking to pass to the post more.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:36 AM   #18
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Cheers. Yep the game speed was a test, hence the BETA guys. I have seen some weird animations, especially with bumping. Plays are fine, but this will be fixed. Please be patient. It took 2-3 months last time to get the ideal set;

I will make some changes to the OP shortly, stay tuned
Old 11-14-2019, 02:45 AM   #19
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OK. V3 is up. Some changes across the board. Game speed tweaked also. Let me know your findings. We will get there
Old 11-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #20
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime2121
I've tried many sliders and based off that maybe lowering inside shots to 25, 3pt shots to 95 and increasing looking for post players will stop the drive more and create more mid to 3pt shots and any inside shots will be more likely be post shots since players are looking to pass to the post more.
Thanks for the detailed feedback.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:50 AM   #21
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
I tested them because I liked your previous work

so here are my feedbacks:

- pace of the game and gamespeed too fast. some animations are weird with this high speed especially during collisions

- far too many drives to the rim for players who usually drives like westbrook.
I like to compare this parameter through all slider set because it is still important to have the driving from him but not all the time or if he does, at least we can stop him. here he's just unstoppable and it's like he's oily as hell. (no roster or badge related because with some others, it works).
PS: i used your D and boxout settings

- as a consequence of my previous feedback, points in paint are big

- another parameter nice to check is the number of attempts of 3 points but also the FGA value. Here, there is also something wrong. about 3p attempts, in several games, it was for 3pt teams around 5-6 shots per quarter which give 20-24 shots at the end, once I got 30 shots.
but here again, now we big 3pt teams, it's more between 36 and 45 3pt shots

- High FGA value due to the drive and the fact that team doesn't temporize or make passes all around with the ball (only 1-2 or 2-3 passes and shoot) are a consequence that AI team shoots in less than 10-12 sec (so plenty of time remaining). so in a quarter, they shoot between 23 and 30 shoots !!!
If 23 is already a high value but currently ok for current nba teams, it should'nt be more than 24 to give max around 96 shots in a game.

- about offensive rebound, AI is still to strong which also lead to a higher FGA value

- same remark about stealing which is way too high

I tested everything in on/off ball defense

Really appreciate this. Thank you'

With the AI shooting over 90+, its a roster issue mostly unfortunately. Sliders do not have as much effect on this stat, but not saying it cannot be improved.

Sliders can be tricky, as certain values can have a knock on effect elsewhere, so hence why it can be a balancing act for the most part

I agree with the animations, but through my testing, I always start at a higher game speed and move my way down if required, and with 2K20, a higher game speed will not work as it did with 2K17

Feedback like yours is what I love. Thanks champ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

I just tested beta v3 using same teams in order to compare to the better possible way.

- pace and speed of the game are far better, cpu is finally playing with the whole panel of the 24sec

- drives to the rim are not only unstoppable from players with more than 90. In fact, with this new version, I found that there are far more unstoppable drives.
3 facts:
* a cpu player drives to the rim and I was just in front of me, bug or not but it happens several times but the cpu player got through the body of my player !!! like a ghost, I used the replay function. I was in control position with the left trigger + the sprint trigger (right trigger) and right stick to move my arms. one of my arms totally cut through his head; than the driving motion for the cpu player was launched and he got through my body....
* if not in control position (left trigger), it's better to follow the cpu player but he just runs at his side but not more
* a cpu player initiated a drive, I got two players in the rim. cpu player pushed forward, he stopped but again weird animations. instead of back passing or doing something else, he forced to jump and to score. That happened several times

As a consequence, points in the paint increased a lot

- FG% for user is a bit low due to the fact that the oponent is to close to our player. There are not enough open shots and when it's too closed, our player miss the shots (real player %)
- At the opposite, our defenders don't come close enough to the cpu allowing him to have nice open shots.

- huge lack of Free throws for both sides. there are fouls (illegal screen, steals) but not enough shooting fouls.

- offensive rebounds and steals seem to be ok for now

- cpu tried around 11 3pt shots in one quarter which is a nice stat but FGA is still a bit high (around 25), maybe also due to the lack of FT.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #23
Rookie

I suggest to increase the Body upper sensitivity for having a major number of shooting fouls. It also helps to contain the blow by from the CPU.

In my slider set (goma76) I'm using 75.
Try this and give me a feedback
Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #24
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

I ask the same question to every slider maker: why raise DURABILITY when there's almost no sign of in-game injuries in this game?

I saw one in-game injury in almost 60 played games (12 mins quarters) in a MyLeague Season.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »