Home

2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

This is a discussion on 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
there was an update today in order to add some statement jerseys but also to modify a little bit the gameplay I think...

in fact, as usual, I made my warriors vs rockets game in order to test and now 2 issues appear:

- driving runs to the basket from PG and SG are juste horrible right now, they even don't want to pass the ball to someone else.

- resulting in the second issue, in my game westbrook almost did everything. and without kidding, maybe 1-2 shots harden, one capela, one gordon and one tucker...
Of course they do, since the Driving Contest Shot Frequency slider is put to 100 in all these sliders that actually increases the ability (for either the CPU or the USER) to blowby the defenders and also - if used for the CPU - make the AI much more prone to drive given its higher ability to blowby.

I don't know why all the sliders here have such an high Contest Shot Frequency, because either the authors want to facilitate driving and blowbys or they are actually doing the opposite of what they should be doing. The LOWER the sliders the more difficult to blowby is (and the less the AI will then try to drive), NOT the contrary.

For proof of this you don't even need to test the matter, really, you just need to look at the default sliders for rookie, pro etc. and see how the difficulty rises the values lowers for the USER and raises for the AI (at rookie the USER has 70 and the CPU 30, at pro it becomes 60/40 and so on and so forth).
Old 10-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #58
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by amioran
Of course they do, since the Driving Contest Shot Frequency slider is put to 100 in all these sliders that actually increases the ability (for either the CPU or the USER) to blowby the defenders and also - if used for the CPU - make the AI much more prone to drive given its higher ability to blowby.

I don't know why all the sliders here have such an high Contest Shot Frequency, because either the authors want to facilitate driving and blowbys or they are actually doing the opposite of what they should be doing. The LOWER the sliders the more difficult to blowby is (and the less the AI will then try to drive), NOT the contrary.

For proof of this you don't even need to test the matter, really, you just need to look at the default sliders for rookie, pro etc. and see how the difficulty rises the values lowers for the USER and raises for the AI (at rookie the USER has 70 and the CPU 30, at pro it becomes 60/40 and so on and so forth).
You might be on to something about the driving frequency. I've kept USER Jump Shot Defense (Gather) specifically so the CPU backs up some. It may work similarly with driving contact.

In terms of the user numbers decreasing on lower difficulty, that has more to do with how the numbers are read. The USER Defense Strength sliders align with the defender against the user, i.e. lower user numbers = lower CPU defense strength, and vice versa.

Sent from my PH-1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2019, 12:19 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
In terms of the user numbers decreasing on lower difficulty, that has more to do with how the numbers are read. The USER Defense Strength sliders align with the defender against the user, i.e. lower user numbers = lower CPU defense strength, and vice versa.
The numbers in the defense section are tied to the OFFENSE. Hence if you lower the jumpshot defense gather and release sliders in the USER section the CPU shot contest will have less an impact on the USER. The same is for the Driving Contact Shot Frequency slider; if it was as you say then you should have lower numbers there (exactly as it happens for shot contests if you want less of them), instead as you can clearly see on the various difficulties, the lower the difficulty the HIGHER the slider for the Driving Contact goes.

The slider practically governs how often the USER/CPU enters the blowby animation (the contact animation when bodies collide, the same that you enter automatically when you are in slasher's takeover); the higher the frequency of the blowby contact animation the EASIER it is to blowby.

In 2K18, when driving was so prevalent, you had to put the Driving Contact Shot Frequency at about 30/40 so that the CPU would not constantly drive to the basket without doing anything else. The same is for 2K20 given the vast improvements in speed differentials between guards and big men, so that for the former it is much easier to pass by the latter than it was in 2K19. If to that you also add the practically automatic entering in blowby contact animation anytime you drive to the basket the CPU will almost always decide that the best option is to attack the basket.
Old 10-09-2019, 04:26 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Gotta test it out definitely.

I'll post an update today with a slight decrease in attack tendency, however the rockets are a particular "pick your poison" team requiring pre-rotate and some team sagging. Was Steph guarding Westbrook?

Also, you're saying CPU driving is horrible right?
steph and also others, i tried with everybody and also double team.

Funny part is when westbrook was stucked in front of two players in front of the rim, he didn't care and pushed forward to make a lay up.

yeah driving is horrible and as mentionned in the next post, it should be related to this frequency thing because i tried something. when you are far away from the guy with the ball, it's ok. once you touched him to defend, it starts a driving motion process. and same thing that was i was just saying above. If the player with the ball is coming close to the rim in the paint, even if he is stucked by the C and the PF, he forced in order to make a shoot or a lay up.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:38 AM   #61
a goat

duce's Arena

I've uploaded what I'm testing now on PSN as oscs 5.

The main changes are Driving Contact Frequency at 55 User/CPU, shooting fouls at 100 for User, Ball Handling at 35 for User, Durability at 45 for User/CPU. Gotta test more and will post numbers when they feel solid

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #62
Pro

tested your last set of sliders Nice work !!! It plays nicely but after more tests on it, I think that

- driving runs are still to hard to block, you can block them if you let someone else defend the player who whill drive (during this time, I defend someone else), maybe something to do also with body sensitivity??? have also to decrease this value?

- pace of the game could be maybe a little bit slower

- building up for the actions are great but sometimes it's a mess, not enough space between the players and they run too much one in another. As a result, they move much more which can lead to a higher pace of the game.

- less fouls than before ??? that's what i get
Old 10-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #63
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
tested your last set of sliders Nice work !!! It plays nicely but after more tests on it, I think that

- driving runs are still to hard to block, you can block them if you let someone else defend the player who whill drive (during this time, I defend someone else), maybe something to do also with body sensitivity??? have also to decrease this value?

- pace of the game could be maybe a little bit slower

- building up for the actions are great but sometimes it's a mess, not enough space between the players and they run too much one in another. As a result, they move much more which can lead to a higher pace of the game.

- less fouls than before ??? that's what i get
Are you seeing them score in the paint with the incessant driving? Do you make POE changes to Sag and Play Physical? Are you seeing it's impossible against all drivers or primarily the particularly known drivers (i.e. Westbrook, Mitchell, etc.)? Are you getting a lot of blocks? I haven't had a lot of trouble when my defender is quicker to spots than the ball handler, so I would like to hear other people's game plan.

Pace of the game like game speed? Or meaning players take more time to shoot? I've had more games with FGA in the upper 90s than the 80s. I'm assuming you're playing 12 minutes?

Are you seeing fewer fouls in general or just fewer FTA? Id been seeing around 17-20 fouls per team up to this point.

If it's too many questions, no worries, I'm just interested.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #64
Pro

- players who drive tend to score in the paint around 80% of the time

- what is POE changes to Sag and Play Physical ??? where is this option?

- I can't say it's impossible against all drivers but that's true most of the time for westbrook, kemba walker, harden, irving, lowry

- about the blocks, cpu blocks me a lot, especially under the rim but I can also block him

- yes i'm playing 12min quarter, I prefer to have around 80-90 than more than 90 FGA. I prefer that cpu take more time to shot by building up his shot (total opposite from the driving run style). But I also prefer than when I have the ball that cpu is not moving all the time because I like to temporize, to stay in front of the cpu waiting that a teamate is coming, make a fake pass toward a teamate and finally pass to someone else. but here, it's impossible because cpu move all the time. It's also the case when I defend against him, it's not that consistent.
So I don't think, it's totally a gamespeed issue

- few fouls and few fta. on my side, i'm around 5-6 FTA and around 10 max for cpu.

Hope that it could help you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »