Home

2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

This is a discussion on 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

@duce I can vouch for @alabamarob statement above regarding shooting successes. I've been using 44 (his 45), but 3pt success somewhere between 55 and 59 (mine is for both user and CPU though I know his is 55 for cpu only).... but I can say that the range he was suggesting works well. Of course defense sliders matter as well when implementing, as usual.

What I noticed was that the higher the CPU 3pt success, the more they will look to get an opportunity to shoot threes, because they "know" that their chances of success is higher. A.I. is smart enough to recognize this. I tested this both on 2K19 & 2K20. As usual test on your own to see if it's true for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2019, 09:51 PM   #26
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
You slider set is similar to what I play on.

I turn help defense to 99 for the cpu and the user. (Number 3 problem)

Pass Accuracy to 25 or 30.

Offensive and Defensive Rebounding down to 15. (Number 1 problem playing the cpu)

Blocking down to about 40.

I turn the layup defense strength up to 55 for both user and cpu. (Number 2 problem playing the cpu)

I also turn all the user and cpu shooting sliders to 45 except I leave the CPU 3 point shooting from 50 to 55.

Acceleration down to 40.

Everything else I leave on HOF default for both sides.

I see where you are going with your sliders, and I agree with what you are attempting to do with them. Good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
@duce I can vouch for @alabamarob statement above regarding shooting successes. I've been using 44 (his 45), but 3pt success somewhere between 55 and 59 (mine is for both user and CPU though I know his is 55 for cpu only).... but I can say that the range he was suggesting works well. Of course defense sliders matter as well when implementing, as usual.

What I noticed was that the higher the CPU 3pt success, the more they will look to get an opportunity to shoot threes, because they "know" that their chances of success is higher. A.I. is smart enough to recognize this. I tested this both on 2K19 & 2K20. As usual test on your own to see if it's true for you.
Much appreciated feedback.

Help defense may need to be in the high 90's. I still feel like I can exploit defenses with Fox fairly easily (though he may be fastest player in NBA so it may be somewhat justified). The overall acceleration will be lowered to 40 as well to see its effect.

I'm going to lower pass accuracy, but I'm also interested in lowering pass speed to balance with help defense reaction time.

I keep the CPU shooting sliders up to force myself to play more aggressively on defense, thereby creating more foul situations. There hasn't been too much issue in containing them when locked in (particularly if playing a mixture of on-ball and off-ball defense). My biggest thing is getting them to drive and kick more aggressively. For that, I've seen some promising things with tendencies, but its a WIP.

User shooting percentages I'm able to basically change at will with Offensive Consistency.

I've gotten good numbers with lower (than default) rebounding and lower vertical, but I still can feel dominated on boards by larger lineups.

I believe yall look for a similar challenge from the game, but if yall ever have a chance to stream your slider set game play, I would be interested in those full games. I'm big on the eye test, though I'm get satisfaction from realistic stats.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:05 AM   #27
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Apologies if I’m overlooking... but game speed for v2?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-30-2019, 07:19 AM   #28
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Apologies if I’m overlooking... but game speed for v2?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Game speed is 50.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:56 AM   #29
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

what i had noticed:

- guards drive to easy by his defenders into the post for an easy layups (often they hit more contested layup then they should - atleast what i had experienced so far) it is very hard to defend hard with onball defense...they just pass you buy (if they are quick)

- passes are to precise in my opionon

- too many steals

- too many off rebs maybe

- too many fouls when somebody drives to the basket, and not enough all other fouls

my league online mode, only user vs user...we play on superstar difficulty / 9mins quarter / 45 game speed
Old 09-30-2019, 03:15 PM   #30
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiis
what i had noticed:

- guards drive to easy by his defenders into the post for an easy layups (often they hit more contested layup then they should - atleast what i had experienced so far) it is very hard to defend hard with onball defense...they just pass you buy (if they are quick)

--- I'm taking a look at jump shot defense gather to get CPU to play off of speedier PGs. I haven't had trouble defending CPU as they tend to be more predictable with dribbling.

- passes are to precise in my opionon
I'm lowering those. I'm assuming you're on V2. Full court passes go out but I do want to see a few more out of bounds passes.

- too many steals

On ball steals or live ball steals? Live ball on drives makes sense to me as a balance for underpowered help defense but I would want to see what you see to make proper slider adjustment.

- too many off rebs maybe
By maybe, are you seeing outlandish stats/numbers? Is it in particular matchups you're seeing this?

- too many fouls when somebody drives to the basket, and not enough all other fouls
Hoping that if I get CPU to say a bit more I can get them in position for charges. I'm thinking it will also take a much higher lateral quickness. Do y'all typically play on ball def? Are you seeing any reach-ins? What are your typical Free Throw numbers like?

my league online mode, only user vs user...we play on superstar difficulty / 9mins quarter / 45 game speed
Thank you

You on PS4? I'm eager to try these in a user v user setting. If not, I would be interested if you had any streams up of full games.

Did y'all run with only the minutes/difficulty/game speed changed?

Also, does real fg% work in MLO User v User games?
Old 09-30-2019, 03:33 PM   #31
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

forgot to mention..those were default superstar sliders...and yes it is on ps4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 06:21 PM   #32
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiis
forgot to mention..those were default superstar sliders...and yes it is on ps4
Ah. Are you seeing the same things on the recent patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »