Home

2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

This is a discussion on 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #9
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

I've started winning a couple games. I think its important to note my tests have been with the Kings, so some things may be due to roster makeup. Big takeaways from testing so far:

- CPU Defense does not like to sag off of fast PGs. Fox has gotten allot of blow-bys on half-transition situations.
- Big centers dominate rebounds. Giles and Dedmon (to a lesser extent) have gotten killed by Gobert and Jokic. They've held their own against smaller bigs.
- It feels like transition defense for CPU is default to Protect Perimeter. My bigs (particularly Bagley) tend to get in front of their defender.
- CPU is going to the paint as much as it can. I don't mind this as a tendency, but I'm keeping an eye on how I'm defending. When I sag, they pull up alot more.
- Passes are pretty accurate on both sides.

I love that CPU misses some open shots with decent shooters. Not sure how much Hustle increase affected, but I saw a nice play by Rudy Gobert where he tipped a rebound, saved it from going out of bounds, got the ensuing offensive rebound and got a put back (while on Takeover).

I still want to see:
- Bad pass turnovers
- Better Help Defense (particularly on Transitions, I'm getting alot of fast break points)

I'm going to try raising Defensive Awareness and lowering Pass Accuracy
Old 09-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #10
a goat

duce's Arena

Finally got a game against a good team. Live streaming now (I plan on testing a couple other sliders I'm seeing in the forum later)

Last edited by duce; 09-27-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #11
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
I've started winning a couple games. I think its important to note my tests have been with the Kings, so some things may be due to roster makeup. Big takeaways from testing so far:

- CPU Defense does not like to sag off of fast PGs. Fox has gotten allot of blow-bys on half-transition situations.
- Big centers dominate rebounds. Giles and Dedmon (to a lesser extent) have gotten killed by Gobert and Jokic. They've held their own against smaller bigs.
- It feels like transition defense for CPU is default to Protect Perimeter. My bigs (particularly Bagley) tend to get in front of their defender.
- CPU is going to the paint as much as it can. I don't mind this as a tendency, but I'm keeping an eye on how I'm defending. When I sag, they pull up alot more.
- Passes are pretty accurate on both sides.

I love that CPU misses some open shots with decent shooters. Not sure how much Hustle increase affected, but I saw a nice play by Rudy Gobert where he tipped a rebound, saved it from going out of bounds, got the ensuing offensive rebound and got a put back (while on Takeover).

I still want to see:
- Bad pass turnovers
- Better Help Defense (particularly on Transitions, I'm getting alot of fast break points)

I'm going to try raising Defensive Awareness and lowering Pass Accuracy
I've tried both changes, but they made very little difference, and I believe I'm learning how to exploit the CPU. Against a decent Raptors team, I was able to win after about 3 quarters of unfocused play (12 Min Quarter). I want to try reducing Hustle to see if that adversely affected movement and causes some of the overly tight/out of position defense. I'm thinking Help Defense Strength will need to be raised.

If Body Sensitivity works as expected I plan to make changes there (in conjuction with Layup Defense Strength and On-Ball Defense) to reduce sliding around in the paint [and possibly open up the mid range].

Furthermore, the CPU could use a bump in Offensive Awareness to take advantage of the defensive flaws (bad blocks, mismatches) and hopefully draw more fouls.

Has anyone seen any particular sets that resolve any of the big exploits in the game? I would love to test.

Side note: Playing MyLeague again reminds me they should return custom sound setup for each stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 04:08 AM   #12
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm playing a classic teams season with the '01 Lakers:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049917553

These are the sliders/settings I'm using:

82 Games
12 min QTR
Injury effect/frequency sliders @40 (for CPU+USER)
FT Difficulty @60
Hall-of-Fame Sliders with these changes:
-CPU Offense Sliders @55-2
-CPU Offense Sliders @50 (no change)
-USER Offense Sliders @HoF-default
-CPU Defense Sliders @45+2
-CPU Defense Sliders @50 (no change)
-USER Defense Sliders @HoF-default
-Fatigue Rate slider @40 (for CPU+USER)
-Shooting foul and Reach-in foul sliders @HoF-default (for USER+CPU)
-All other foul sliders @100 (for CPU+USER)

The only changes I make for playing with current teams (I'm the Nets) are:
-Injury effect/frequency sliders @50 (for CPU+USER)
-Fatigue Rate slider @45 (for CPU+USER)
Old 09-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #13
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8lal8
I'm playing a classic teams season with the '01 Lakers:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049917553

These are the sliders/settings I'm using:

82 Games
12 min QTR
Injury effect/frequency sliders @40 (for CPU+USER)
FT Difficulty @60
Hall-of-Fame Sliders with these changes:
-CPU Offense Sliders @55-2
-CPU Offense Sliders @50 (no change)
-USER Offense Sliders @HoF-default
-CPU Defense Sliders @45+2
-CPU Defense Sliders @50 (no change)
-USER Defense Sliders @HoF-default
-Fatigue Rate slider @40 (for CPU+USER)
-Shooting foul and Reach-in foul sliders @HoF-default (for USER+CPU)
-All other foul sliders @100 (for CPU+USER)

The only changes I make for playing with current teams (I'm the Nets) are:
-Injury effect/frequency sliders @50 (for CPU+USER)
-Fatigue Rate slider @45 (for CPU+USER)
I've been looking at my team stats to see the biggest areas of concern. Right now, too low on fouls, too high on PIP, too low on 3PA and o3PA, too high on Fast Break Points. If you have any game footage/stats with your settings, post, I'll def check it out.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:20 PM   #14
a goat

duce's Arena

Going to upload my current set as part of the archive.

However, I'm going to start over from HOF Default once more and put immediate focus on defense strength sliders [particularly after reading their explanation]. I'll start with maxed out shooting and blocking fouls for the first game.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:00 AM   #15
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
I've been looking at my team stats to see the biggest areas of concern. Right now, too low on fouls, too high on PIP, too low on 3PA and o3PA, too high on Fast Break Points.
These have been problems for years.
I've been playing vs CPU in a classic teams League, these teams scored more PIP and have less 3PA.
I've been playing vs USER in a current teams League, here PIP, Fast Break Points and 3PA are all related, we're old school: no 3s in transition (or fast break), we're going to the rim so more PIP and less 3PA.
Most fast break points are due to bad offense (turnovers or bad shot selection).

I tried to have the stats as close as possible to real life since 2k3 in 2002, I stopped doing that in 2k14, since then I just want to have a balanced game: realistic difference in PIP vs oPIP, 3PA vs o3PA, FTA vs oFTA, etc...
Now I'm looking more at player tendencies.

The only 2 things I would like to see is more fouls and less offensive rebounds. The offensive rebounding is my biggest issue ATM for both (USER vs USER and USER vs CPU).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 02:25 AM   #16
Rookie

So what slider are you using at the moment?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »