Home

2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

This is a discussion on 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-09-2020, 07:15 PM   #409
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K20 MyLeague Community Slider Set (User v User and User v CPU)

The official latest is the one noted in OP.

My test set is Slidr+ which is what I'm currently testing. With this set ive been mixing some ideas from other slider makers to 1. Get consistent fouls for CPU. 2. Make players ability higher while maintaining a competitive balance for each team respective of their tier. The second point was wordy but that's the only way I know how to say it right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelG
Duce, what's the latest slider set to download? I see you've got uploaded one with a "+" at the end. Maybe I just lost the message, but not sure which one to download from your psn id.

Cheers
Old 01-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #410
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

So an update.
I’ve reached the NBA Finals.
I lost one game in the WCF yo the Clippers by one point. I won the other 4 by an average of 18 ppg.

I’m about the play the Nets of all teams in the finals. And no KD is not playing. They swept the Bucks in the ECF. I went and looked at their stats. Kyrie is averaging 42 ppg 8 *** and 6 rpg in the playoffs. Crazy.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #411
Pro

Duce

Do you feel like you're going to be able to get to a happy place where MyLeague is playable for the long haul? I'm honestly about ready to just throw in the towel on this year's game. MyLeague has been my favorite thing to do in all of gaming. I think it might be over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #412
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
Duce

Do you feel like you're going to be able to get to a happy place where MyLeague is playable for the long haul? I'm honestly about ready to just throw in the towel on this year's game. MyLeague has been my favorite thing to do in all of gaming. I think it might be over.
To answer your question, yes.

I think as a slider maker, I've been able to appreciate playing full games just as a function of testing. Most games have been different, but early on it was simply about having enough of a challenge from the CPU.

This current set is trying to make everything more explosive to get fouls, but I've lost some of the challenge in making changes. Because the foul sliders don't seem to directly correlate to frequency of calls (its a combination of factors), I don't know what it will take to get that down. However, as long as I feel like I have to do some coaching to have a chance at winning, I'm good with the set. I think the next updates will see more emphasis placed on making USER offense a bit harder. Challenge and balance are still the priorities with this set, but I hope to see/hear from more users' experiences.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:41 PM   #413
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
To answer your question, yes.

I think as a slider maker, I've been able to appreciate playing full games just as a function of testing. Most games have been different, but early on it was simply about having enough of a challenge from the CPU.

This current set is trying to make everything more explosive to get fouls, but I've lost some of the challenge in making changes. Because the foul sliders don't seem to directly correlate to frequency of calls (its a combination of factors), I don't know what it will take to get that down. However, as long as I feel like I have to do some coaching to have a chance at winning, I'm good with the set. I think the next updates will see more emphasis placed on making USER offense a bit harder. Challenge and balance are still the priorities with this set, but I hope to see/hear from more users' experiences.

Personally I've just had a hard time turning the game on recently. I want a set that's somewhat final so I can focus on enjoying MyLeague. In year's past I've been well into MyLeague at this point and having fun with the game. This year it seems like everyone making sliders (very few people) is constantly in test mode, and everything is a work in progress. It's frustrating for me so I know it has to be frustrating for you doing the work.

I'm not sure if people having given up or what, but there's been very little feedback in the forums. I closely monitor your and Eccentric's thread and there's just not much going on. I was doing my best to provide feedback for awhile, but it got to the point I was actually getting angry everytime I played. So I've basically been waiting for you to post an official update or for eccentric to finally release his full set to give the game possibly my final go before I just say screen it.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #414
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

You have to understand, 2k has done more to eff up gameplay in their patches this year then in years previous.

And it's like as soon as fix is found for what they screwed up, they do something else that messes something else up. It's been tough man.

For me, last year was super easy. I only had to post updates like twice, but nothing they put out literally broke the gameplay like this year.

This year has been rediculous.
Quote:
Personally I've just had a hard time turning the game on recently. I want a set that's somewhat final so I can focus on enjoying MyLeague. In year's past I've been well into MyLeague at this point and having fun with the game. This year it seems like everyone making sliders (very few people) is constantly in test mode, and everything is a work in progress. It's frustrating for me so I know it has to be frustrating for you doing the work.

I'm not sure if people having given up or what, but there's been very little feedback in the forums. I closely monitor your and Eccentric's thread and there's just not much going on. I was doing my best to provide feedback for awhile, but it got to the point I was actually getting angry everytime I played. So I've basically been waiting for you to post an official update or for eccentric to finally release his full set to give the game possibly my final go before I just say screen it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 01-11-2020, 06:35 PM   #415
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
You have to understand, 2k has done more to eff up gameplay in their patches this year then in years previous.

And it's like as soon as fix is found for what they screwed up, they do something else that messes something else up. It's been tough man.

For me, last year was super easy. I only had to post updates like twice, but nothing they put out literally broke the gameplay like this year.

This year has been rediculous.

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1
Yeah I know. Everyone is saying that. I think Shady Mike gave up all together. It sucks because I feel like I'm wasting my time if I play the game right now. I'm hoping you guys can get something done they won't mess up before it's too late. I've went at 2K a few times on Twitter about this crap but I'm just one guy and I doubt they even see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #416
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I know. Everyone is saying that. I think Shady Mike gave up all together. It sucks because I feel like I'm wasting my time if I play the game right now. I'm hoping you guys can get something done they won't mess up before it's too late. I've went at 2K a few times on Twitter about this crap but I'm just one guy and I doubt they even see it.
a lil tangent on slider community/2k:

I don't think 2K made a bad game, just missed a few important nuances. For us to have much of a say, we have to create a community that adds significant value to the game in a way that can't be ignored. I like that slider makers/users have started streaming more as thats a good platform for things/groups to get noticed. It may be important for slider makers/users to group up in some way.

It may be time to start re-thinking how we can make sliders for more of the online/social community. The way its made here is HEAVILY focused on single player use and thats not the primary way 2K is played.

All that to say, it would be great if all the mechanics (physical and technical) of the actual game of basketball worked as expected in 2K. We have tools to use and multiple communities, we just really need to bring it all together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »