Home

Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

This is a discussion on Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

What kind of contracts are you seeing for generated draft class players once they hit their first FA? Think that's a great parameter to see if things are balanced for future years!
Old 09-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #58
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternz1996
Big fan of your sliders. A couple of things I was wondering... How can you fix G-League player progression ex: Isaiah Whitehead as an 87 eventually? Also, based on historical 2k experience, players usually progress more in the regular season than the offseason due to in-season breakouts. Is there a way that you can reflect that more? Also, maybe reduce injury severity/frequency/effects, and increase chemistry difficult but reduce its effects. Just trying to emulate opportunity based situational growth from actual past games.
I don't know how to fix the G-League thing.

I disagree with you on reducing injuries. If anything there should be more injuries imo, if we want it to replicate real life.

I will think about the regular season idea another time. I've moved on to making fictional draft classes for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
More than likely you'll have to make edits to their potential. I've seen this happening in the past and if you take away 10 from their potential, that should be enough
Nope. Players with 75 potential are going up to 80 on a regular basis. I think it's either hard-coded into the players OR hardcoded into the game that some players on 2-way contracts improve quicker.
It's certainly annoying.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #59

Barncore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Has anyone run into this problem. Reguardless of how much I decrease the sliders everyone still gets better. I tested over and over. For example I put speed,vertical and acceleration at -50. Almost the whole league still increases by 1 or 2. Seems like adjusting sliders are not affecting physical attributes. At least in my sims.
Try reducing the overall player progression slider rather than the individual ones.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
I don't know how to fix the G-League thing.

I disagree with you on reducing injuries. If anything there should be more injuries imo, if we want it to replicate real life.

I will think about the regular season idea another time. I've moved on to making fictional draft classes for now.

Nope. Players with 75 potential are going up to 80 on a regular basis. I think it's either hard-coded into the players OR hardcoded into the game that some players on 2-way contracts improve quicker.
It's certainly annoying.
What about editing their peak potential?
Old 09-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #61

Barncore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
What about editing their peak potential?
Like i said, G-League players with their peak potential rating at 75 are going up to 80.

It's not the potential rating that's responsible for the G-League players' breaking out. It's something else but i don't know what it is yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #62
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

OVR: 0

I noticed some random-generated drafted draft picks can explode in their overalls depending on two factors:
  • Peak Start and Peak End- Often times these players have their peak start at age 28 (or 25-27 if they're much younger) and above which will obviously drastically increase their OVR.
  • Potential- I modified these random-generated rookies to have a max of 80 OVR, some of them still explode regardless as long as their Peak Start and Peak End remain unchanged.
Its a pain in the @$$ especially when I use the 2K Default Historic Draft Classes where I'd find random hideous scrubs in the 2nd round surpass Aguirre, Petrovic and etc. in overalls after 2-3 seasons.

EDIT: The best I could do to stop scrubs from becoming stars out of nowhere was to simply set the Peak Start and Peak End to its lowest for those players. So the sliders can't exactly eliminate this problem without hurting other players as well. Although I don't recommend doing this however since you can actually have G-Leaguers who do make it big in the NBA from time to time. They just shouldn't be this common.

Last edited by Chrome_Claymore; 09-30-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Info
Old 09-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 8

sounds like quality draft classes (both with real players and fictional) are a must in concert with quality contract sliders, progression/regression sliders, and trade sliders to have a true sim myleague.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #64
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
sounds like quality draft classes (both with real players and fictional) are a must in concert with quality contract sliders, progression/regression sliders, and trade sliders to have a true sim myleague.
Completely agree with this. Draft classes should unfortunately be at least 60-65 players fully edited, and having trade approval on to have a proper simulation experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »