Home

Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

This is a discussion on Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #73
lvl
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
V4 coming soon guys.
One more question man, does 2K allow us to upload updated slider sets after starting a ML?
Old 10-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #74
Rookie

Chrome_Claymore's Arena

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend that personally. There is already a problem with oversaturation with talent. Set it to 45-50 and just manually edit somewhere between 0 and 3 players to have a 90+ potential every offseason.
Well what I meant with fully edited was exactly what you said: setting a limited amount of players to 80+ in potential. And I'll stand by with what I said with editing at least 60 players. I had playthrough in ML once with one of the 2K default draft classes and it had a guy who was drafted 24th of the 2nd round from another team blow up to 83 OVR or something along that range. It was ridiculous.

However, I do agree your sliders aren't the problem, its 2K.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #75
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
[b]
I must have missed that in the thread. Did you send him a list of your recommended peak starts and peak ends for each player? I wonder if the ones he currently has in his beta roster are 2K's or Van's from 2K18. I know he was getting all of the tendencies from Vann's YouTube channel for last year's game.
I'm fairly sure they are 2K default. Yep i sent him a list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
One more question man, does 2K allow us to upload updated slider sets after starting a ML?
Yep.

Edit: I thought you meant upload as in export. If you mean import, then i'm not sure. But i think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome_Claymore
Well what I meant with fully edited was exactly what you said: setting a limited amount of players to 80+ in potential. And I'll stand by with what I said with editing at least 60 players. I had playthrough in ML once with one of the 2K default draft classes and it had a guy who was drafted 24th of the 2nd round from another team blow up to 83 OVR or something along that range. It was ridiculous.

However, I do agree your sliders aren't the problem, its 2K.
Ah sorry i misread your original comment. I thought you were talking about turning Generated draft class quality up to 60 or 65. I was tired haha.
I'm with you, definitely edit 60 players. I'm actually making a fictional draft class at the moment.
I wish more people would make fictional draft classes. There are a lot of bad ones uploaded to 2K share at the moment.

Last edited by Barncore; 10-09-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 10:01 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I was thinking of increasing injuries too. I was experimenting with it tonight.
The key is to reduce the players in the 70-90 range, but we don't wanna reduce the players in the 90+ range. There aren't enough of those in my experience. But i guess it depends on your draft classes and rosters.
Personally, i would leave progression rate alone but increase the injuries.
So I did some statistical work and was able to come up with a good way of coming up with a predicted Overall/Potential using some advanced stats on player performances from the last few seasons. (I am going to grad school and am learning stats. So playing NBA2k19 is good way to keep the grades up! ;-P).

One thing that jumped out at me is the huge increase in predicted OVR in year 2-3 of all-time great players like Karl Malone and Chris Mullin. So I am starting to agree with you that the progression rate needs to stay high or move even higher to stay close to realism.

That said, there needs to be a way to counteract the increasing number of players in 70--90 range. I am thinking of jacking the injury rate to 60-70 range. That should curb some of the highly rated potential players from realizing their potential. In addition, I was thinking of offsetting the high injury rate for the guys at the top of the draft class (anywhere from 1-4 players max) to a durability of 90+. This should ensure that they have a better chance of hitting their potential.

Another thing I am thinking of doing is lowering the Peak Age Start in both the rosters and in the draft classes by a couple of years. This way, if a player doesn't get play time right away or gets hurt he wont realize his potential. For example, if the maximum progression is 4 points per year, a player who has a 70 OVR and a 90 OVR will get to his full potential in 5 years. If I lower his peak start age where the difference from his current age is 5 years, he will need to avoid injury and get full progression each year to hit his 90 potential. With a high enough injury slider, this doesn't seem likely for a player with a lower durability rating (ie below 80).

Just some thoughts. What do you think?
Old 10-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #77
lvl
Banned

I think you're on to something!

Barncore will have to chime in. Man, I'm excited for what's brewing in the 2k community!
Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #78

Barncore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
So I did some statistical work and was able to come up with a good way of coming up with a predicted Overall/Potential using some advanced stats on player performances from the last few seasons. (I am going to grad school and am learning stats. So playing NBA2k19 is good way to keep the grades up! ;-P).

One thing that jumped out at me is the huge increase in predicted OVR in year 2-3 of all-time great players like Karl Malone and Chris Mullin. So I am starting to agree with you that the progression rate needs to stay high or move even higher to stay close to realism.

That said, there needs to be a way to counteract the increasing number of players in 70--90 range. I am thinking of jacking the injury rate to 60-70 range. That should curb some of the highly rated potential players from realizing their potential. In addition, I was thinking of offsetting the high injury rate for the guys at the top of the draft class (anywhere from 1-4 players max) to a durability of 90+. This should ensure that they have a better chance of hitting their potential.

Another thing I am thinking of doing is lowering the Peak Age Start in both the rosters and in the draft classes by a couple of years. This way, if a player doesn't get play time right away or gets hurt he wont realize his potential. For example, if the maximum progression is 4 points per year, a player who has a 70 OVR and a 90 OVR will get to his full potential in 5 years. If I lower his peak start age where the difference from his current age is 5 years, he will need to avoid injury and get full progression each year to hit his 90 potential. With a high enough injury slider, this doesn't seem likely for a player with a lower durability rating (ie below 80).

Just some thoughts. What do you think?
Ayyyy thanks for the quality post my guy!! And aren't you lucky that 2K19 helps your grades. You might be the only one hear that's able to say that.

One thing i noticed about the progression slider in this game is that it seems to change the TIMING of progression. I.e. The highest it is, the sooner guys will increase their ratings. I'm not sure yet that it affects the amount of progression (i haven't really tested it at super high levels yet). I think the individual attribute ratings have more to do with that
I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like. I know that the high regression slider definitely makes the players regress sooner.
The progression and regression overall sliders should be looked at as timing/speed sliders.

I think that increasing injuries is really key to the oversaturation of talent. I did some testing last night with the injury frequency at 60 (found in the Difficulty section. Not to be confused with the injury severity slider). I liked the amount of injuries there were but things still got oversaturated. Let me know what 70 is like when you test it.

Peaks are definitely crucial to how players progress and regress. Let me know how your testing goes.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:14 AM   #79

Barncore's Arena

Here's my findings from testing morale and chemistry sliders last night.

-Players with high "play for winner" rating are more affected by the W-L record.

-Players with high finance ambition freak out if they get demoted to the GLeague. They also lose a bit of morale if they get less playing time than their overall rating deserves. The opposite is also true (if high finance guys get playing time then they get happy). I think the "team player" and "extremely confident" badges factor into this too but i can't be 100% sure.

-Players with high loyalty freak out if they don't get a contract extension. High loyalty players are also okay with going to G-League. And the effects of loyalty on resigning players is self-explanatory.

-Expressive players have bigger morale hits or boosts. The opposite is true for laid back players. Neutral guys are in the middle.

-I think guys with friendly badges have a good affect on Team chemistry, but it's hard to be truly sure. And i think the opposite is true for reserved guys.

-Both Morale and Team Chemistry affect player attributes (non-permanently), but i'm yet to figure out if morale affects team chemistry or if team chemistry affects morale. It'd be interesting to know whether there is a feedback loop there somewhere.

I really wish there was a dev that worked on ML that we could have a dialog with and find out what's going on under the hood.
I tried testing what would happen if i boosted chemistry affects to 100, and i didn't really notice a difference. Then i boosted chemistry difficulty to 100 AS WELL and i barely noticed a difference there either. I think when the difficulty is raised then once teams get over 90 then it's harder to maintain the chemistry level. But i think it's just as easy to get to 90 chemistry with a 100 difficulty sliders as it is with a 50.

Adjusting morale sliders had a noticeable affect though. Now it's about finding the right balance between morale and chemistry edits.

I'm gonna be boosting the affects of morale in my sliders, as well as making a roster where i edit every single player's ambitions etc (using CelticLG's roster as a base). I really love the idea of adding more non-basketball factors into the MyLeague experience. I wish 2K did it but oh well.

Obviously you can't quantify personality stuff, but i look at NBA headlines every day for the past 10 years, as well as analyzed every NBA draft and watch interviews etc, so i've got a bit of a natural feel for player personalities. I'm also super interested in psychology stuff so i find it to be fun.

Last edited by Barncore; 10-10-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #80
Rookie

JR Ewingston's Arena

Is somebody uploading and updating barnsey's ML settings for Xbox One?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »