Home

Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

This is a discussion on Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19) within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2018, 04:11 AM   #105
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Barnsey's MyLEAGUE player Progression/Regression sliders (2k19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I haven't even touched 5 v 5 gameplay yet... Been working on this lol

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app
I wonder how 2K18 sliders with Dee's movement sliders would fare....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
I haven't had a chance to test on the injury sliders but I was able to look at the distributions of ratings in the current roster.

This is helpful for comparing what the league should look like in tests on Barnsey's sliders and also a good guide on how to setup realistic draft classes.

The picture may be hard to view. So here is the summary:

95-99 OVR - 0.74% of the League (or 4 players) of 540 Players Recorded
90-94 OVR - 1.85%
85-89 OVR - 5.19%
80-84 OVR - 5.93%
75-79 OVR - 33.70%
70-74 OVR - 30.37%
65-69 OVR - 22.22%
I'm in year 2031 of myleague simulation. I counted 150 players rated from 80 to 89. But there are only 5 players rated 90+. This is with these sliders being used. I'm in the process of tinkering around with them to see if I can get that number down

Last edited by 500bloc; 10-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #107
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Barnsey - PHENOMENAL work on these sliders! I want to ask: do you suffer any user injuries with the sliders being where they are at? Last year - I ran my dynasty on XBOX using Sim World’s roster and settings and their frequency and in game injury numbers were much higher than your findings so I am inquiring for your feedback on this. Thanks once again man! 👍🏻
Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #108
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

V4 released!

This release is intended as the sister download for CelticLG's 2K19 roster on PS4, called the Attention To Detail roster. His latest update will be available within the next few days. Celt has put some serious hours into that roster for everybody. I contributed the player peaks, potentials and ambitions (i.e. play for winner, financial security, loyalty) so it makes an awesome pairing. Fully compatible.

New in V2:

***Injury increase
If injuries make you sad then you might want to adjust the injury settings (injury frequency in the "difficulty" section of the slider settings). But if you want realism then i have made some positive moves.
Increasing injury frequency solves a few problems:
1. Helps stop oversaturation of talent in 5-10 years.
2. Allows teams to actually use the end of the roster and cycle through their team.
3. Stops EVERY single player from reaching their potential.
4. More variance/randomness across MyLeague saved files.
5. And the fact that there were an unrealistically low amount of injuries in MyLeague by default.

I know injuries suck but they are an unfortunate reality of the NBA landscape, and that's what these sliders are intended to replicate. If you don't like it, it's easy to change yourself.

***Chemistry and Morale matters more
In the real NBA players perform better when playing with good players on a team that matters. Unless they don't care about winning and just wanna show out. I replicated this by making team chemistry a bigger part of the game. Getting a 99% team chemistry is more rare now, but the effects of good and bad chemistry is more significant now too.
To go with that, if you use CelticLG's roster then you will get all my edits for player ambitions (play for winner, financial security, loyalty). All of these things affect player morale. Winning is obvious. Players with big financial ambition want more playing time, and Loyal players want contract extensions.

***Trade, Contract and Draft value tunings
It's been 3 weeks since my last update. Over that time i've done some testing and now that research is reflected in v4.

There are a few minor progression tunes too.

This is now a complete MyLeague slider set ladies and gentlemen. It's not just a progression/regression set. It's the whole works.

Overall i really tried to keep the oversaturation of talent at bay WITHOUT SACRIFICING THE NATURAL PROCESS OF GROWTH IN THE NBA. I'm aiming for that happy medium. It's one thing to make sliders with the intention of getting a certain result, but you don't want to overcompensate and choke the process.
In the NBA from season to season there is HEAPS of movement. Random bench players break out, key starters get season ending injuries, old players lose a step. Things shift around quickly in the NBA! These sliders are intended to replicate that quick change (quicker than 2K default anyway). Your MyLeague should not be static, it should be dynamic and cyclical. On the flip side, i can't make players break out too much otherwise we get problems with oversaturation. So, hopefully you guys like the balance i found.

Slider details in post 2 of page 1.

PSN: barncore33
Filename: BarnseyProgressions

Last edited by Barncore; 10-15-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:39 PM   #109
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

can these cursors also be used with default rosters?

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #110
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
can these cursors also be used with default rosters?

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Imo the players in the default rosters have their "peak end" often too late. So players regress late. Which means oversaturation of talent is more likely 5+ years down the line. But other than that it should be fine.

Edit: Oh, also, and the player ambitions and potentials that i've set up in CelticLG's roster are more true to life imo. But that's just a matter of perspective anyway, so it's not a big deal if you're happy to think that 2K default is accurate.

Last edited by Barncore; 10-15-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #111
Rookie

I can't wait to test these out when I get back to school. Have you ever tried using JackMove's draft classes? I've helped consult on him making them and he's put a ton of time into creating a realistic crop of prospects. Would love to know how you think they work with your sliders and Celtic's roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #112
Banned

Hey man just ran a 4 year sim 2k rosters your myleague sliders off your 2kshare and default gameplay sliders. Simmed 4 years and have 106 80s and 15 90s. Where i can say I LOVE who becomes 90s and who drops out of 90s and how doncic booker ayton tatum mitchell amd even 2 generated rookies become 90s by year 4 thats a beautiful sight. But 106 80s is crazy. 6 89s. 3 88s. 8 87s. 6 86s. 17 85s. 6 84s. 11 83s. 8 82s. 17 81s. 24 80s.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »