Home

[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

This is a discussion on [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #49
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

With the desire to make my unowned draft pick as bad as possible, I've been able to keep purpose for winning in a seemingly meaningless season of losses. Just finished a great slugfest against Grizzlies where the big turnaround occurred after changing defensive matchups.

I think this set holds alot of promise for those looking for a new 2K challenge and can't find it elsewhere. I hope one day they allow Real FG% for Online USER v USER match-ups (particularly in MyLeague modes). I'm still kind of leery about post up shots as I saw a long mid-range fade away, that went in. For the next few games, I will lower CPU Post Shots tendency (from 16 to 8). After the first game, if I see no issues, I will upload it on PSN. After a few games, if the change fits the assumptions, I will edit it on the front page as well.

Once again, please let me know if you see anything you think may need changes. And start a Twitch or YouTube account so I can see it in context. That will help the process move quickest. Thanks all who are following along.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #50
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

So I fired up a game Hou vs GSW in anticipation of tonights WCF matchup. I was GSW, and I got absolutely smoked. Rockets shot 23-34 from deep and Chris Paul dropped 40+ on me. They must have made about 10 threes that were very heavily contested. It was insane. One of the most frustrating games I have ever played. I felt my D was pretty good and they were just making everything. Despite a heroic effort from Steph Curry, the Rockets could not be stopped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180514_115219.jpg (176.5 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 20180514_115144.jpg (168.8 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 20180514_115152.jpg (149.0 KB, 92 views)
Old 05-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #51
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
So I fired up a game Hou vs GSW in anticipation of tonights WCF matchup. I was GSW, and I got absolutely smoked. Rockets shot 23-34 from deep and Chris Paul dropped 40+ on me. They must have made about 10 threes that were very heavily contested. It was insane. One of the most frustrating games I have ever played. I felt my D was pretty good and they were just making everything. Despite a heroic effort from Steph Curry, the Rockets could not be stopped.
Mm. I've yet to play with a team other than MyGM Kings. Tell me more about this game. I want to know what you tried coaching-wise. I've also been torched by the Rockets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #52
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Played all shooters tight, went over screens, switched pick and rolls, etc. Had hand in the face many times but they still knocked them down. Nothing was really an issue other than the insane amount of 3s they made, especially heavily contested with hands in the face.

Guess I will just chalk it up to Houston being on fire from deep as they can be in real life. Although, this was probably a historical performance from deep I would imagine. I doubt a team has ever made 23/34 on 3s or a % close to it, but I could be wrong. I remember Cavs made 25 in a game before, but they were like 25/46 or something.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #53
a goat

duce's Arena

Update

The sliders have been updated and are posted on the main page. I feel comfortable with current set with my current MyGM. I will be starting a MyLeague with Fantasy Rosters. I hope to see a variety of teams to see how these sliders adjust to various builds.

I will be streaming gameplay this afternoon.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:16 AM   #54
a goat

duce's Arena

UPDATES TODAY

Currently streaming on Page 1, including all of my Pre-Game Adjustments. Currently testing a few things.
  • Changed CPU shot tendencies ('post shot'-related) and raised USER offensive consistency
  • Reverted Rebounding to low slider values. Saw too many USER Off Rebounds and realized I was doing Jump Balls incorrectly.
  • Using a fantasy roster and seeing how tendencies translate after extreme amounts of player movement.

I'm doing a 29-game season and currently playing on 12 Minutes. Streams should feature sound, but if they don't, let me know.

Last edited by duce; 05-27-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #55
Banned

Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base2 Sliders for NBA2K18

Just wanna throw this out there for all who don't know...Your tendencies are excellent man! I know you are tweaking but yeah these tendencies are on point. Makes cpu half court ball movement smooth, well balanced, mid range shooters come off screens and shoot the ball at right timing. Mid range attempts are not lacking with these. Also, with ATTACK set lower coupled with a "lower threshold" of other tendencies to balance it, I notice that cpu doesn't take as many dumb shots. Attack being set low while others are lower, balances this out and is the key. Well done!

Last edited by devroyce; 05-27-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2018, 02:12 PM   #56
a goat

duce's Arena

Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base2 Sliders for NBA2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
Just wanna throw this out there for all who don't know...Your tendencies are excellent man! I know you are tweaking but yeah these tendencies are on point. Makes cpu half court ball movement smooth, well balanced, mid range shooters come off screens and shoot the ball at right timing. Mid range attempts are not lacking with these. Also, with ATTACK set lower coupled with a "lower threshold" of other tendencies to balance it, I notice that cpu doesn't take as many dumb shots. Attack being set low while others are lower, balances this out and is the key. Well done!
Thank you! I feel comfortable with the offensive variety from CPU currently and think players try to get the right shot for their matchups. Find myself having to learn to play better off-ball defense against certain team offenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »