Home

[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

This is a discussion on [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #73
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinplok
is this on psn?
Yes.

name: base2
psn: stickmanduce

Sent from my PH-1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #74
a goat

duce's Arena

and we're live (w/ sound)...

Kyrie Irving and the YAPER
@
Kawhi Leonard and the Hawks

Old 06-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #75
a goat

duce's Arena

Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base2 Sliders for NBA2K18

I am raising User Def Consistency and Lateral Quickness.

With the acceleration changes it's a lot harder to Turbo + Get in Good Position + Contest Shot. With current settings it seems that the defense is consistently caught out of position. If anyone has Def. Coaching suggestions, i'd love to hear. Bout to check out SamPham(?)

The acceleration movement sliders seem to Nerf the ability for many ball handlers to turn the corner and get past their defender. Kyrie is a huge difference from Delon Wright.

Last edited by duce; 06-18-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #76
a goat

duce's Arena

Current game up vs Spurs

vs. Portland
Great game for my team. Finding balance for User Def is tricky. I think I, like many teams struggle with shooting bigs. This team had none, and we played lockdown Def.

Last edited by duce; 06-18-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #77
a goat

duce's Arena

One more game and then I will apply updates to the Main Post and to PSN.

Home game up against a Spurs team featuring Clint Capela and Kevin Love.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #78
a goat

duce's Arena

Took the L vs Spurs. Very high scoring game with high FG% overall.

Sliders have been updated on PSN and are reflected in the main post. The main differences:
+ USER/CPU Hustle (for slightly quicker movement)
+ USER/CPU Backdoor Cuts (assume that players will react more aggressively to being overplayed/fronted off-ball)
+ USER Lateral Quickness (to match with CPU)
+ USER Def Consistency (assume that players will more consistently follow Def Settings and help more intelligently)
Old 06-19-2018, 06:28 AM   #79
Rookie

New Orleans Pelicans (User) @ Portland Trail Blazers (Cpu)

Soooo I don't even know what to start with. The sliders where really good and first of all they were realistically difficult with many lead changes and a 15-2 Blazers run which determined my loss. The cpu didn't feel cheesy at all, the movement was fine (I would slow it down a bit to resemble RS rhythm this is some playoff intensity level), the cpu tendencies are perfect and so is shooting for both sides. Turnovers are on point (NBA range is about 10-15) and so are blocks and steals(7-9). Last but most important *THE CPU FINALLY GETS TO THE LINE ENOUGH*. I hope the results I got here keep consistent.

Also you managed to fix rebounds As Boogie only grabbed 7 rebounds (it happens in real life but on HoF and also other sets he would average like 20 per game which is not realistic at all even for such a good rebounder)

The only issue (apart from that movement aspect which is not really an issue) is the cpu and ones. They are pretty ridiculous at the moment as they will score through fouls like it's nothing. Decreasing the and ones would also lead to a cpu free throws attempts increase that would be finally the fix this game needs. Great job on these

I also want to precise that fga on the user side are so low because of my slow pace style + we went to the line enough. Maybe the Spurs or the Celtics would fit me better lol.

Here's the box score

20180619_110501.jpg20180619_110510.jpg20180619_110520.jpg20180619_110525.jpg20180619_110533.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ciaco; 06-19-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #80
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaco
New Orleans Pelicans (User) @ Portland Trail Blazers (Cpu)

Soooo I don't even know what to start with. The sliders where really good and first of all they were realistically difficult with many lead changes and a 15-2 Blazers run which determined my loss. The cpu didn't feel cheesy at all, the movement was fine (I would slow it down a bit to resemble RS rhythm this is some playoff intensity level), the cpu tendencies are perfect and so is shooting for both sides. Turnovers are on point (NBA range is about 10-15) and so are blocks and steals(7-9). Last but most important *THE CPU FINALLY GETS TO THE LINE ENOUGH*. I hope the results I got here keep consistent.

Also you managed to fix rebounds As Boogie only grabbed 7 rebounds (it happens in real life but on HoF and also other sets he would average like 20 per game which is not realistic at all even for such a good rebounder)

The only issue (apart from that movement aspect which is not really an issue) is the cpu and ones. They are pretty ridiculous at the moment as they will score through fouls like it's nothing. Decreasing the and ones would also lead to a cpu free throws attempts increase that would be finally the fix this game needs. Great job on these

I also want to precise that fga on the user side are so low because of my slow pace style + we went to the line enough. Maybe the Spurs or the Celtics would fit me better lol.

Here's the box score

Attachment 151482Attachment 151483Attachment 151484Attachment 151485Attachment 151486

Sent from my SM-G965F using Operation Sports mobile app
I very much appreciate the great information and feedback. Would love to watch gameplay, but I think I can understand the playstyle you described.

Contact Shots..
Tl;dr: lower Contact Shot Success OR CPU Layup Success by one level.

I see what you are seeing regarding the frequency they go in. The simple response should be to lower contact shot success. I haven't yet because I preferred the threat of it to force me into more fouls.
My tendency on defense is to put my hands up instead of going for aggressive block attempts. The CPU scorers go right thru that as you've probably seen. The balance im looking for is maintaining the threat while being rewarded for good defense on non-scorers/non-finishers. What I'm trying now is going for steals if I get beat off the dribble and generally being more aggressive/physical in the paint. If the imbalance seems unmanageable, I would look at Contact Shots Success for CPU/User first, CPU Layup Success next, and User Layup Defense (Release) last.
Were the players going and ones good/great b finishers?;Were they scoring and-ones on particularly great paint defenders? Are you more aggressive or more conservative as a defender in the paint?

Game Speed...
I'm surprised you mentioned preferring a slower movement and I'm glad. I assumed most preferred faster games.
As mentioned in OP, I have the game speed set to 50, but I think this particular slider is fine to change however you like. The way Eccentric describes it, it affects the game overall while other sliders seem to be more intertwined with each other (that make sense?). Were there any particular players whose speed or acceleration stuck out to you?

I'm guessing this was a Play Now game on 12 minutes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »