Home

[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

This is a discussion on [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 AM   #41
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Got a win vs Thunder just now. Sliders are updated on the front page.

Team Stats

Game Video

Nice! I downloaded your updated ones tonight and played a few quick games. Lost the first 2 pretty badly then I used Rockets vs Spurs and I crushed them. It was seriously so satisfying haha. I was up by 19 at one point. I couldn't believe it and usually if I am up that much I would get super bored or feel like im cheating. Not with these sliders! I appreciated every minute of that blowout. Harden was cooking. They got some easy buckets in garbage time and i ended up winning by 12. Will probably be a long time coming before I get another win like that but man did it feel good! I think I am gonna start my myleague soon. These sliders feel pretty much perfect. I am still deciding what team to use. I Will go for a garbage team and try to rebuild them. Looking forward to a 20-62 season lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180509_230358.jpg (168.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 20180509_230413.jpg (146.4 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by caseyj622; 05-10-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 07:31 AM   #42
a goat

duce's Arena

OVR: 0

Word, I felt like I couldn't let up with a 10pt 4th Quarter lead.

I will be playing with the current set for a while, but I am looking at post shot tendencies. Russell Westbrook was taking terrible long post-up mid-range fadeaways, BUT that might be real.

If you end up in 20-62 in MyGM you can take some solace in knowing the top 3 guys are crazy. I got Jackson Baldwin, who I assume is in every MyGM story. Lots of fun trying to keep players/coaches/owner/media happy during a losing streak.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #43
a goat

duce's Arena

Closing out games is difficult. A hard-fought loss against Portland in OT. First time seeing multiple injuries in-game. BIG 3-pt shot to win the game by CJ McCollum. I got complacent near the end, thinking I had it won and the comeback happened.

The adjustment for me has been learning that the CPU can still score over good or even Great defense.

I tried changing the User Reb Sliders (from 1 to 16) this game to see if that would help the Jump Ball animation. It did not (in OT). I found myself trying to force a jumpball via double team on some sloppy Defensive Possessions. I will try it at 50 next game and if it doesn't work, we will have to look elsewhere for a possible solution

Last edited by duce; 05-11-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #44
a goat

duce's Arena

Continued to run into jumpball issues with Rebounding sliders up. Will have to look elsewhere. Does anyone know of any findings regarding jumpball responsiveness?

Also matched up with a tough 76ers squad and took a low-scoring loss. Also, lost our rookie Baldwin to injury, so will get to see how I can win without two top players. Next game vs Spurs.

Also, with Rebounding sliders raised, I did like the challenge on the boards. Players got up vertically when they weren't fighting for position. Joel Embiid played like the best rebounder on the floor. I will keep it as it is for the next game to see if things continue to play well.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:36 AM   #45
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

I've had that jumpball issue for as long as I can remember and I've had the game since release day. Haven't found a fix for it at all. I Just finished a nice 15 point comeback against cavs with the raptors. Lebron missed a turnaround fadeaway jumper at the buzzer to tie it. His signature move. I thought it was going in for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #46
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
Continued to run into jumpball issues with Rebounding sliders up. Will have to look elsewhere. Does anyone know of any findings regarding jumpball responsiveness?

Also matched up with a tough 76ers squad and took a low-scoring loss. Also, lost our rookie Baldwin to injury, so will get to see how I can win without two top players. Next game vs Spurs.

Also, with Rebounding sliders raised, I did like the challenge on the boards. Players got up vertically when they weren't fighting for position. Joel Embiid played like the best rebounder on the floor. I will keep it as it is for the next game to see if things continue to play well.
Man that's gonna be tough without Baldwin. I watched some of your stream and he's a beast. I noticed with these sliders if you don't have a star, you are basically screwed. Just like the real NBA. When my bench is playing, I struggle horribly to get baskets.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:06 PM   #47
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

I think i found the solution for jump balls. the timing of it seems different from tip off. If you wait a bit longer till the ball is all the way at the top of its peak and then jump it has been working for me. Try it out.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #48
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
I think i found the solution for jump balls. the timing of it seems different from tip off. If you wait a bit longer till the ball is all the way at the top of its peak and then jump it has been working for me. Try it out.
You are exactly right. Just went through it a couple seconds ago and got a way better jump. Lost it, but waaay better jump. Back to this grind

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »