Home

[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

This is a discussion on [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2018, 11:12 AM   #25
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

Hi, I haven't tried your sliders yet but I am going to. Just a question about a thing that I've been thinking about lately. I see that you didn't put any difficulty as a starting point, does that make any difference, if you start from rookie vs if you start from hall of fame, or custom difficulty is custom difficulty and the only difference between the sliders in 2k18 is the number that is attributes of USER vs CPU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #26
a goat

duce's Arena

I currently start from HOF.

To answer your question more directly: I have not really tested the difference between Rookie-HOF regarding this or any other slider sets. I've read that the change is seen in how the CPU ACE makes adjustments.

I'll post the most recent set with movement/strength changes after this game, but they are currently uploaded as base2

Last edited by duce; 04-29-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #27
a goat

duce's Arena

A road loss to the Clippers. This game got away from us in the second half. This was using 9 minute quarters. Will post Sim to Normalized Stats after current game.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:17 PM   #28
a goat

duce's Arena

A rough stretch of losing past 6 games. Pain fun sliders for this Kings user. Would like to see other people with other teams before making anymore changes.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #29
a goat

duce's Arena

Exclamation Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

An Update & For 12 Minute Players

I have continued to update these sliders. The most recent change is upping the user OFF and DEF Consistency (8 and 4 respectively). I am assuming this will make a change in the level of consistency for made shots (assuming they are good shots). The DEF Consistency change hopes to make the team more likely to follow as expected and more consistently regarding the individual DEF Settings.

FURTHERMORE, I had not tried these with 12 Minute game play yet and I hope to amend that. I am streaming now, currently on a 9 game losing streak.

Edit: 10.

Last edited by duce; 05-03-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:14 PM   #30
a goat

duce's Arena

Continuing a few more games on 12-minute quarters.

A few notes...
Movement feels better with an wider spread on acceleration sliders, although I originally assumed speed changes would be needed as well.

Defense doesn't feel impossible. I believe the past few games were below 50% for CPU. However, even against lower teams, when I don't make Def Settings adjustments for each player, the result is an overwhelming CPU Offense.

The consistency change has done as expected in the past couple of games, making my team offense (particularly shooting) more consistent from play to play, when/if we get into a rhythm early.

Def consistency may be the issue or not. It was telling that one of the shots I felt I had a hand in the CPU's face, I heard a commentator mention that they expected the shot to go in. I use those blurbs to understand what the game is expecting to happen.

My team was unbalanced, particularly for our bench Defense so I made a trade. Currently streaming vs Warriors on the first page.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:36 AM   #31
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

I downloaded these on PSN looking for a challenge. These are definitely the hardest ones ive tried. I love the CPU defense but user shooting from midrange seems unrealistically too low. Game after game my best shooters love front rimming 15 footers. 3's seem fine which is odd since the slider value is the same for both. Maybe I should just up user midrange a bit? Also, what have you changed so far? I just downloaded the User 2 base off PSN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #32
a goat

duce's Arena

Re: [Hall Of Fame +] Base2 Sliders for NBA2K18

I've been looking at Off Consistency for USER. I have a feeling i will end up putting it at 50, but at the moment I have it at 16. This slider seems to help in fine tuning streakiness/percentages. I'm aiming here first before going to shot success slider.

The Base2 sliders are the most up to date on PSN.
I am uploading my current set now.
Sent from my PH-1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Edit:
As far as changes that I am looking for and testing...

Dunks feel overpowered for user at 50 Dunk tendency (only early in the game before CPU makes Def Adjustments). User players don't try enough to dunk at the rim (for poster/foul/block possibility) at 32 Dunk tendency. Will be testing dunk ability at 32 and tendency at 50.

I am either having trouble timing jump balls or this set continues to suffer from poor responsiveness during tipoffs. I will be looking at increasing Vertical to see if it has an effect but I've yet to see any particular fixes.

Def Consistency currently at 8 for User. This is in combination with having User block at 50. I've felt enough difference on last second shots w/ shooters vs non shooters to stay at these points for more games.

Last edited by duce; 05-08-2018 at 09:22 AM. Reason: A more complete answer regarding changes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »