Home

[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

This is a discussion on [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: [G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce
If you can, upload/stream your full game. This way we can start comparing the situation/experience with the expectation and work together from there.

+: You are using this set?
+: This thread speaks about pump fake success. CaselH made the suggestion that Go for Steals slider may be related
time ago I asked to play with CaseIH's slide, I did nt found.... Go for steals must be decrease or increase?
Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #18
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotello
time ago I asked to play with CaseIH's slide, I did nt found.... Go for steals must be decrease or increase?
I would like to see your playstyle before giving a suggestion
However in that thread, they had it set to 90 with Defensive Awareness at 40. If applying it to this particular set/framework, one would try 99 and 32 respectively.

Sent from my PH-1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #19
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
[G.O.A.T. Difficulty] Base 2 for 2K18

I would also guess the Contest Shots tendency plays a part, as well as the Jump Shot Defense Strength sliders. I know increasing the (Release) slider leads to better/more aggressive shot contest animations, but I haven’t tested to see if it has an affect on pump fakes.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #20
a goat

duce's Arena

Currently on a 6 game losing streak with the Sacramento Kings. Having a lot of trouble with CPU offense. Focusing Fundamental and Tactical training on Defense. Being more active with Defensive Settings before and during game. After changing my playbook to feature my main scorers more, I was able to put up a decent FG%.

The sliders are posted and my losing streak has extended. These are the most difficult sliders I've played with yet. I may need to take a look at CPU Shooting/User Jump Shot Defense, but I will continue with this set for at least 6 more games. It will be great to see who can win against these sliders and their tactics/playstyle. Good Luck!

Last edited by duce; 04-20-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:50 AM   #21
a goat

duce's Arena

Kings vs Hornets continues the losing streak (including consecutive 21-er). I've changed the strength to be equal, but the shots are still falling for the CPU. Can't give up any shots easily or everything else seems like too much. Continuing for a few more games before changing the CPU Shooting/User Jump Shot Defense.

Last edited by duce; 04-21-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #22
a goat

duce's Arena

New change: Raised both User Hustle and User Hands from 16 to 32. With these changes I was able to keep a short-handed Pelicans team to sub-50% shooting.

I think the main effect I am seeing from these changes is an increase in quickness/acceleration/hustle on defense for the user. With hands I'm seeing fewer bobbled passes for the user.

Particularly in the 1st and 4th Q, will be closely assessing difficulty in this game: Kings (6-23) versus Suns (13-19).

GAME OVER: After a comfortable 1st Half, I got lackadaisical. The third quarter was a 14/17 FG, 5/7 FT showing from the Suns. In the 4th quarter we locked in but couldn't come back in time. Overall, I'll stick with the hustle and hands changes, updating the front page now.

Last edited by duce; 04-22-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #23
a goat

duce's Arena

First. If you're on PS4, go ahead and play some GoW.

Second, back with streaming (SPURS vs. KINGS) and now that the sliders are posted, I will begin posting some stats. I'm currently using 9 minutes and Sim to Normalized Stats so I'll be showing both.

Last edited by duce; 04-26-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #24
a goat

duce's Arena

Expanding the acceleration movement sliders and increasing the strength have helped bring individualized weight and agility to the forefront for me.

After getting blown out by Warriors, going on the road vs Clippers. Pre-game, did scouting, made coaching adjustments as i thought needed. Team talent not so distant. Good test for this set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »