Home

Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Played 4 test games last night.

On Superstar I got drilled.....absolutely plastered and posterized.

Beta set is working on “Pro” Level.
I haven't played yet. That is the crappy part that they tested ACE with SS and HOF but you got great games in Pro the last few years
Old 09-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's NBA 2K18 "Regular Joe" Simulation Real FG%/FT% Style Sliders

Beta Version 1.0 now updated on the OP

My league Settings are a work in progress and will not be released for a little while. Focusing on gameplay first.....then franchise settings.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-15-2017, 09:53 AM   #19
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGHS
I haven't played yet. That is the crappy part that they tested ACE with SS and HOF but you got great games in Pro the last few years
Yeah the game plays amazing on Pro as always. ACE works fine for me....I make my own adjustments if I need to as well......but wow....super impressed this year....they took player movement to a whole new level. The realism is simply stunning this year.

A lot more impressions coming after I get some real hard core time with the game.

I was up till 4 AM last night.....and going to work now....LOL.

Will be at it tonight playing the crap out of this bad boy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #20

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Can't wait to try these sliders out. Really looking to diving in deep into MyLeague this year.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

the non shooting fouls are very rare, it is also to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #22
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

4 am? That's the A&S we know and love.

I have to sit at work all day staring at "Playable" in my download queue. Torture.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #23
Rookie

So much here. OMG

Starting my 30 team and kids in detention will set up my Settings for me
Old 09-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
Can't wait to try these sliders out. Really looking to diving in deep into MyLeague this year.
Same here my brother. This is most definitely the year of 2K basketball for me.

Absolutely feel after 5 hours that it is a fantastic simulation. I really am quite blown away. I hope and pray they leave this game alone. It's that good out of the box. Sliders can make things work for people offline.

I really feel they knocked it out of the park out of the box.

I will eventually give a full impression in here and the drop the post in the main forum impressions thread....but so you all know...and this comes as very sage and wise advice:

STAY OUT OF THE MAIN FORUM from this point forward. I really can't stress that enough.

This is our nest. Our safe place.....a place where we can enjoy this simply joyous sports simulation and get our settings tuned.

I am going to say it again.....posts like above....."Not seeing any shooting fouls, are you?"

Will be totally ignored.

I had tons of them last night because I attacked the basket with Whiteside and Waiters.

I simply am not going to answer vague posts and waste time. I have a crap load of testing and work to do this year. The likes you have not seen since NBA 2K11.

That is how committed I am to everyone here who wants a "Regular Joe" Pro Simulation style experience on 2K18.

This game is special.....a very special one. I feel this is the 2K game I have been waiting for since 2K11.

To give you an idea.....I stuck with 2K11 all the way up to 2K15 (I really liked 2K15). But 16 and 17....soured on me within 4 months due to over patching the game and trying to cater to everyone.

I think 2K learned a valuable lesson with 2K17 (I hope).

Regardless.....I don't want the toxicity of the main forum and the 17 year old online punk mentality to enter our nest here.

These are not sliders designed for stick jockey 2K'ers. These are for us Gen X type of guys who grew up on the earliest iterations of NBA Live and want a really smooth playing game vs an excellent CPU AI opponent.

I plan on using the full power of player training, practice scheduling, scouting, gameplanning, rookie scouting, combine workouts etc etc etc...the works. I feel MyLeague is really tuned pretty well this year (I will employ 30 team control to make sure things stay stable of course) and offers us an incredible universe of franchise mode offline that other games simply can not and do not deliver.

So once we really lock in our "Pro" style settings we will then turn our focus to simming seasons in MyLeague to lock in our injury, trade, contract settings, fatigue effects, injury effects, morale effects, training effects and progression and regression effects.

I promise you all I will do everything I can to give us a great and total package Myleague slider set.

Just be patient. All I ask is for patience.

Also everyone has different styles of play, teams that you play with have a huge factor. I am testing these using every team, in the league. That's right. Like I do for MLB The Show and Madden, I simply play various match-ups across the entire league to make sure I am balancing the game properly so elite teams dominate, weak teams are just that (but can get the big win sometimes like IRL).

So "Regular Joe" nation.....play the game, enjoy it and in a few weeks (hopefully) we will have a true Verison 1.0 for our settings and gameplay sliders. Then we can move on to our MyLeague set-up.

I am also going to try out MyGm this year and see what that is all about. I never ever tried it...not one minute of it to be frank. But this year I am very curious about it with the blogs I read.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-15-2017 at 11:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »