Home

Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

This is a discussion on Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

I took a break from the game and came back to play my first game with the sliders from the front page and with the updated patch. I was playing as my team, Rockets, vs. the Lakers in 1st game of the regular season.

I was losing by 8 midway through the 4th and everything seems good but LA has made 26 FTs. I know I'm playing defense incorrectly. with the patch, how should I be playing defense now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #442
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt8605
I took a break from the game and came back to play my first game with the sliders from the front page and with the updated patch. I was playing as my team, Rockets, vs. the Lakers in 1st game of the regular season.

I was losing by 8 midway through the 4th and everything seems good but LA has made 26 FTs. I know I'm playing defense incorrectly. with the patch, how should I be playing defense now?
Simple, use right stick when contesting layups,dunks and the post. Seldom use blocks if you have a clean look.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #443
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Finally got that patch. What's good?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #444
Rookie

Was trying to find the after patch slider set
Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #445
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by domp242
Was trying to find the after patch slider set
Check the OP, all he's changed is quickness & speed for Hum & CPU to 52.
I answered you one page earlier when you asked this question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #446
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

For all those who find these more difficult than the pre patch sliders it's because the User doesn't have an advantage in anything. Most said the game played good after the patch with default sliders so I didn't change much except for a few sliders to make things more realistic stat wise. The problem with giving the user an advantage in shooting is that once you get use to the sliders you won't have a problem winning, then everyone will be saying it's too easy. But you're free to do whatever you please on your local machines. I too think the CPU makes a lot of shots sometimes but at the end of the game things are realistic it's just at those certain times in the game when they're hot you feel cheated. Like one game I felt like I was getting torched from behind the arc, but at the end of the game they only hit like 6 or 8 threes. But they do go cold and they can be stopped. I was watching some games yesterday in the real NBA and that's how it is. So me personally I'd rather sharpen my skills and strategies to compete rather than nerf the CPU's abilities.

Also, a lot of people like to run seasons with sorry teams to rebuild them. If this is the case then don't expect those teams to do to well. Now if you're playing with OKC or the Cavs, then you should expect them to do well. I plan on using the Sixers so I know what I'm in for.

I was thinking about trying to get Kobe that 6th ring and rebuilding the Lakers to Showtime glory, that's a really enticing challenge I'm contemplating.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #447
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
For all those who find these more difficult than the pre patch sliders it's because the User doesn't have an advantage in anything. Most said the game played good after the patch with default sliders so I didn't change much except for a few sliders to make things more realistic stat wise. The problem with giving the user an advantage in shooting is that once you get use to the sliders you won't have a problem winning, then everyone will be saying it's too easy. But you're free to do whatever you please on your local machines. I too think the CPU makes a lot of shots sometimes but at the end of the game things are realistic it's just at those certain times in the game when they're hot you feel cheated. Like one game I felt like I was getting torched from behind the arc, but at the end of the game they only hit like 6 or 8 threes. But they do go cold and they can be stopped. I was watching some games yesterday in the real NBA and that's how it is. So me personally I'd rather sharpen my skills and strategies to compete rather than nerf the CPU's abilities.

Also, a lot of people like to run seasons with sorry teams to rebuild them. If this is the case then don't expect those teams to do to well. Now if you're playing with OKC or the Cavs, then you should expect them to do well. I plan on using the Sixers so I know what I'm in for.

I was thinking about trying to get Kobe that 6th ring and rebuilding the Lakers to Showtime glory, that's a really enticing challenge I'm contemplating.
Nice one Poke !
You are right , once we get used to the game it will come easier for us. But the CPU is giving us a challenge with these sliders. Win or lose, if it challenges me and makes me feel like i earned the victory, it's good enough for me.

I usually play with non-contenders but guys filled with talented guys like Denver Nuggets and try to bring championship to them and most of the time I do.

These sliders give me a challenge and give me a chance to compete for the biggest prize. Nothing comes easy.

And lastly I feel like i'm on the driving seat. If I do play solid defense I know that I can stop my opponent. Offense is another thing, sometimes you are cold, sometimes you make too many mistakes, sometimes you make stupid choices. All of those affect your offense. But if you play good D, the game - the sliders - gives you a chance to compete and get a win.

Before the patch and without the sliders, CPU didn't give you that chance. You were watching your D break down no matter what you do against some superstars.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #448
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Poke's 2K15 12 MIN SUPERSTAR sliders

Lol the CPU whipped my *bleep*. I'm currently up right now with the Rockets against the Spurs but I can't hit a 3 to save me. Dirk went 0-8 when I played against the Hawks and they won by double digits and shot 50% from the field and 3 point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 12-23-2014 at 11:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »