Home

NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2023, 06:24 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Hi Eccentric, any tweak about the movenent sliders?

QUOTE=EccentricMeat;2050853928]Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I check in with the thread often and I’m glad you all seem to be enjoying the sliders! I haven’t actively worked on the set in about a month or so, but even then I was having a hard time making noticeable improvements.

The most surprising thing is that the set is still playing so well even after numerous patches, which has never really been the case in previous years. If/when a patch changes things drastically enough to need an update I’ll be sure to get one put together for you all. Until then, I’m pretty happy with the way the game plays and haven’t really tested out any tweaks in a while.

To the post about missing low post shots, I believe you just need to increase the Close Shot Success slider to solve that issue. Give that a try and let me know if it helps![/quote]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2023, 10:31 AM   #66
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Gamespeed 44 works great with this set.

Enjoying this slider set.

Last edited by Hustler79; 11-25-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:46 AM   #67
Rookie

Eccentric have you played around with the ATD roster?
Old 11-26-2023, 11:16 AM   #68
Rookie

hey how u doing love the sliders as always, i wanted to ask u a quick question what stops my defender from running into the three-point shooter, seems as if it's hard for me to defend the 3-point shot without fouling the shooter.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:20 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I've generally used your set as a base in the past and its nice to see that your initial release mirrors what I've done on my own in some areas (also on superstar).

I nerfed ball security but instead of dropping pass speed I dropped pass accuracy and also raised defensive awareness to 60. Seems like the lower pass accuracy is enough to make the perimeter player need to adjust to catch the pass sometimes and that slightly longer catch animation gives the rotation just enough more time to get there. And what I really love about it is that its not universal, the elite passers aren't as affected by this like they would be with pass speed.

I've also done the coach help D slider change but I kept my range of 55-65 (poor defensive teams on the low end, good ones at 65). I may expand out my range to 55-75 and pilot a few AI teams at 75 to see how they play out.

One thing I'll emphasize for all the myEra players out there, a deeper change to AI tendencies is a must! Lower 3pt attempts, increase midrange and especially look for post players for all earlier eras.

The link to realistic stats to strive for is great help, but it only applied to the modern NBA. I use https://www.basketball-reference.com/ for my reference point in stats. Its a godsend for the simulation stats for us era guys. Sidenote for Kobe era players, when I put the sim 3pt shot attempt slider at 99 it still didn't create enough realistic sim attempts, I had to pair it with a global roster edit of adding +10 to everyone's individual tendency, but that created more 3pt attempts in game so I had to further decrease the gameplay slider for 3s.

As of now default superstar gives a pretty good game of basketball outside of turnovers (AI ball security at 100 will do that lol) and help defense. The only other change I've made is a 5 point decrease to shot coverage impact slider to make just slightly more contested shots go in, it is the Kobe era after all.
thanks for the tip I'm an myEra player, couldn't figure out why the point guards were taking all these threes, so should I adjust in like increments of 5
Old 11-26-2023, 12:32 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewee
thanks for the tip I'm an myEra player, couldn't figure out why the point guards were taking all these threes, so should I adjust in like increments of 5
and u said the default superstar sliders are a pretty good set as well ha....
Old 11-26-2023, 02:24 PM   #71
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Eccentric or anyone in the know, I see the body up sensitivity slider is at 15\25.

Can you explain the gameplay feel or difference if say I had it at 50\60 instead 15\25. Meaning the cpu and user is still 10 numbers apart. So why not just do 0\15? I have never had really good explanations on sliders, and obviously you know, they’re all over the place. In general I’ve seen most sliders stick with 50\50 or in 35 range. I personally have trouble getting around the players who should be terrible defenders. Thx for any input brother

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2023, 09:17 AM   #72
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Eccentric or anyone in the know, I see the body up sensitivity slider is at 15\25.

Can you explain the gameplay feel or difference if say I had it at 50\60 instead 15\25. Meaning the cpu and user is still 10 numbers apart. So why not just do 0\15? I have never had really good explanations on sliders, and obviously you know, they’re all over the place. In general I’ve seen most sliders stick with 50\50 or in 35 range. I personally have trouble getting around the players who should be terrible defenders. Thx for any input brother

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The lower the number is for the user, the easier it is for you to get past a defender, and vice versa for the CPU. There’s also other things that effect how easily it is for you to get past a defender. Like CPU lateral quickness, CPU on ball D, and user ball handling. So just because someone is using 50/50 body sensitivity doesn’t mean it will play the same as the next one using 50/50.

TLDR; Lower user body up sensitivity to get past defenders easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »