Home

NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2023, 06:24 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

I'm kinda like a few of you guys. I want a real challenge, yet fair, from the CPU defensively.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2023, 02:09 PM   #82
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew16
Does anybody play with a slightly slower game speed?

Bro gamespeed 44 and thank me later 😉
Old 12-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #83
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Did anyone adjust de body up sensitivity slider ? Was just curious ...
Old 12-03-2023, 03:17 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
Bro gamespeed 44 and thank me later
Thanks. I'm about to have me a session. I'll report back in a bit.

Old 12-03-2023, 03:19 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
Did anyone adjust de body up sensitivity slider ? Was just curious ...
I made it harder for me to drive by the CPU, so idk which one that is lol. I increased their def awr to 75 and moved all the coaching help d sliders to 75 also. I'm trying to make it harder to generate open shots in the half court.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2023, 01:15 AM   #86
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Eccentric or anyone in the know, I see the body up sensitivity slider is at 15\25.

Can you explain the gameplay feel or difference if say I had it at 50\60 instead 15\25. Meaning the cpu and user is still 10 numbers apart. So why not just do 0\15? I have never had really good explanations on sliders, and obviously you know, they’re all over the place. In general I’ve seen most sliders stick with 50\50 or in 35 range. I personally have trouble getting around the players who should be terrible defenders. Thx for any input brother

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lower = fewer brick wall defensive animations, more blow-bys and hip rides. The User and CPU values don’t need to be 10 numbers apart or anything, I just wanted fewer brick wall animations from the CPU (so the User value is at 15) and more brick wall animations as the user defender (so the CPU value is at 25). The final values just ended up as they are because I set them both to 15 and had a hard time stopping the CPU from driving to the basket.

If I wanted to make it even harder for the CPU to attack the basket, I would increase CPU Body Up Sensitivity even higher than 25. But once I did that, it became too easy to consistently shut down the CPU offense, so 25 seemed to be the sweet spot for me personally. This can always be different for every individual user, so feel free to adjust either or both values as you see fit. The two don’t interact, so you don’t need to balance the user and CPU slider against one another.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:13 PM   #87
Rookie

Hi Eccentric - my problem on the defensive side of the ball is that when a def. player is near
me (without having their hands up) it registers a high contest. I believe the jump shot gather slider needs to be reduced to address this. If I do that, will the def. player simply not fight through screens as hard to get to me or will the contest go down even though they are right next to me? Please let me know. I appreciate your hard work.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:15 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Lower = fewer brick wall defensive animations, more blow-bys and hip rides. The User and CPU values don’t need to be 10 numbers apart or anything, I just wanted fewer brick wall animations from the CPU (so the User value is at 15) and more brick wall animations as the user defender (so the CPU value is at 25). The final values just ended up as they are because I set them both to 15 and had a hard time stopping the CPU from driving to the basket.

If I wanted to make it even harder for the CPU to attack the basket, I would increase CPU Body Up Sensitivity even higher than 25. But once I did that, it became too easy to consistently shut down the CPU offense, so 25 seemed to be the sweet spot for me personally. This can always be different for every individual user, so feel free to adjust either or both values as you see fit. The two don’t interact, so you don’t need to balance the user and CPU slider against one another.
I just want to make sure I understand correctly. Raising the CPU "body up" slider creates more interaction between the CPU ball-handler and the HUM defender...vice versa?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »