Home

NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2023, 09:23 PM   #25
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdi
Yes thats the problem i have at the moment. I think it would be cooler if it just subs the players you choose to play...

I tried it with chicago gave ball 0 minutes and gave the minutes to Dosunmu and Carter. Ball came then from the bench.

I also havent seen that there is another closing lineup then starting lineup, and when i changed in end game situation next timeout the starter came back...
I'll disagree with this a little. I actually like ACE when it comes to this. The thing that always frustrated me with set lineups is that it doesnt account for players who sporadically play but arent part of the regular rotation. Take Lonnie Walker in last year's playoff. Didnt play much in the first round but got time in the second round (which led to more time because he played well).

Your last note concerns me a bit but worst case scenario, you can always turn off ACE at the end and sub the closing lineup you want.

None of the systems are perfect but right now I'm leaning toward ACE being the best I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 12:15 AM   #26
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0

My opinion so far. The offensive for user is non existent. Was blown out 109-57 due to lack of production
Old 09-20-2023, 02:25 AM   #27
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
There's also a bonus/penalty if you are playing off ball defense.

Some time ago online players were doing offball cheese to counteract the offense's zigzag cheese. In response 2k added a modifier that human contests were more effective than AI contests to encourage them online kids to man up.
I’m playing vs the cpu
Old 09-20-2023, 02:55 AM   #28
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportomatic75
My opinion so far. The offensive for user is non existent. Was blown out 109-57 due to lack of production
Yes, defense is very good and shot timing is difficult and punishing. You need to take advantage of the drive-and-kick game to get open looks and then learn your shot timings (or just be good with the meter).

I've bumped up Inside/Close/Mid/3PT/Layup Shot Success sliders to 55 for both User and CPU. If you think the CPU is scoring well enough, just leave them at their default and bump up the USER sliders only. Also, drop Shot Timing Impact to whatever works best for you (I'd start at 25 and increase/decrease by 5 until you're happy with the results). Give that a try and let me know if it helps!
Old 09-20-2023, 03:21 AM   #29
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

ALPHA UPDATE v0.0.2!

What's New in v0.0.2
- Increased nearly every Shot Success slider +5 to make shot timing and contested shots a little less punishing. Leave the CPU at default SS values if you don't think they need the +5 boost.
- Shot Timing Impact set to 25 as a base, to then be increased/decreased to suit your skill level/preference. If your timing is very good, increase this back near 50. If you struggle with timing, try 25 and drop in 5 point increments until you are happy with the results.
- Added the remaining Foul Frequency sliders to complete the base foul settings.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:13 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I’m playing vs the cpu
Doesn't matter, the modifier is still in effect. If you play off ball D the AI will shoot a higher percentage. I get killed by the AI on the offensive glass because of this.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:08 PM   #31
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeo I found that out the hard way. I will never play off ball D again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2023, 07:04 PM   #32
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I could care less about my defense. It’s fine. Two major problems I have with this game. Mike Wangs constantly tweaking of shooting and the lack of fast breaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »