Home

NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2023, 04:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I play with Real % and early indications are default superstar is giving some great results once you deal with lack of turnovers, fouls, and help defense.

I try to play myNBA games in batches before significant slider changes, and I'm coming up on my first 10 game "review session" but I don't anticipate major changes.

One game you may shoot 48% and think thats great, but if you average 48% over the course of a season congrats you just lead the league in team FG% and if you look at your roster should you really be doing that? Thats why I look at 10 game averages.

Last year Eccentric's sliders were great for me in all the non-shooting % areas. I "stole" his sliders in those areas and made my own shooting slider changes independently.

Slider changes are easier for us real % players. How often I see comments like "love how the AI plays on X difficulty, but the shot timing is just too hard to get right" and I smile because thats a concern I opt out of real quick lol
My favourite nba 2k is 2k16 with Eccentric sliders and some twitch to use it with real % shot. I love the Eccentric sliders of 2k23 too. This year I will use his 2k24 sliders for some own version with real % shot. I will share when I test it. I'm very interested in a Lebron Era sliders . Love the Stat to NY moment and I want to change de next years of that...
Old 09-16-2023, 04:27 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanfairchild3
I am a big fan of real player % for sim gameplay but some players don’t get the new pro play animations when you use them with it, have you had that issue too ? Ex. Curry’s new step backs only work with user timing, same with some Paul George animations

Correct. But you go with user timing and get plenty of horrible generic landings on jump shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2023, 04:41 AM   #11
Rookie

Emilio's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It’s always possible. But I get so bored on Real % for some reason. The plan is to get the Shot Success sliders to a point on Shot Timing mode that you still make a decent amount of good shots when you time “slightly early/late” so that there’s a bit of a Real % feel while still having the ability to green shots and feel in control of some big moments.
You've inspired me to go back to User Timing for the first time in like 6 years. I forgot how challenging it can be at first, especially since I haven't done it in a while. I'm going to have fun re-learning how to learn these timings. I'm like 1-10 with KD at the half of my current game, but I'm still having fun, haha. Looking forward to the evolution of these sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 04:26 PM   #12
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Try out these tendency sliders and let me know what you guys think. I’ve been getting DESTROYED by the CPU the last few games with these:

Take Inside Shots - 50
Take Close Shots - 25
Take Mid-Range Shots - 50
Take 3PT Shots - 75
Post Shots - 50
Attack the Basket - 75
Look for Post Players - 50
Throw Alley-Oops - 50
Attempt Dunks - 50
Attempt Putbacks - 50
Old 09-16-2023, 05:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are your sliders for modern Era only?

Do you will post trade sliders? Franchise mode sliders?
Old 09-16-2023, 06:52 PM   #14
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aicarg
Are your sliders for modern Era only?

Do you will post trade sliders? Franchise mode sliders?

Modern Era only so far, but I’ll definitely be diving into the Lebron Era as soon as I have a decent base set put together!
Old 09-16-2023, 08:48 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

2k removed a few of the movement sliders. What are your thoughts on removing the sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 10:23 PM   #16
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
2k removed a few of the movement sliders. What are your thoughts on removing the sliders?

They got movement pretty much spot on this year, so thankfully they weren’t needed. Plus the Acceleration movement slider already controls “Acceleration with Ball” so that slider was redundant. Not worried

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »