Home

NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2023, 10:42 AM   #17
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K24 "The Eccentric Edition" - Realistic Slider Set

Can you explain how ACE Subs work? Does it override the minutes that you set on our lineup screen?
Old 09-18-2023, 10:29 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Can you explain how ACE Subs work? Does it override the minutes that you set on our lineup screen?
It does but its not as bad as it sounds. The primary benefit is that it ensures that you always have a scoring option on the floor. It also fixes several of the issues I've had with 2k games for nearly a decade:

- No matter what sub method (other than the rotation timelines), there would be group subs of 4 or 5 (even if I regularly called time outs). ACe eliminates that. The most I've seen is 3.

- Rotation timelines are solid but they dont account for whats happening on the court. A player could be 0-11 with 8 turnovers and he will still play all of the minutes you assigned him.

- With ACE, you can override the decisions the CPU makes. Dont like that they put in you a certain player, sub him out and the changes will stick.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #19
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It does but its not as bad as it sounds. The primary benefit is that it ensures that you always have a scoring option on the floor. It also fixes several of the issues I've had with 2k games for nearly a decade:

- No matter what sub method (other than the rotation timelines), there would be group subs of 4 or 5 (even if I regularly called time outs). ACe eliminates that. The most I've seen is 3.

- Rotation timelines are solid but they dont account for whats happening on the court. A player could be 0-11 with 8 turnovers and he will still play all of the minutes you assigned him.

- With ACE, you can override the decisions the CPU makes. Dont like that they put in you a certain player, sub him out and the changes will stick.
Will it sub in guys that are assigned no minutes? (Besides garbage time)
Old 09-19-2023, 08:27 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Will it sub in guys that are assigned no minutes? (Besides garbage time)
Yes thats the problem i have at the moment. I think it would be cooler if it just subs the players you choose to play...

I tried it with chicago gave ball 0 minutes and gave the minutes to Dosunmu and Carter. Ball came then from the bench.

I also havent seen that there is another closing lineup then starting lineup, and when i changed in end game situation next timeout the starter came back...
Old 09-19-2023, 09:51 AM   #21
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

If you put shot timing on 0 it automatically goes to real fg %, my theory is at 100 you get none of the extra 2k controlling shot percentages things Wang talked about. Shot contest is the issue. Any defender in the area that jumps late get at least a 30 percent which is not nba realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 04:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Any defender in the area that jumps late get at least a 30 percent which is not nba realistic.

I swear the A.I. isn't affected by this if you jump late. They seem to be better at draining contested shots.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:16 PM   #23
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Cloud
I swear the A.I. isn't affected by this if you jump late. They seem to be better at draining contested shots.
Your right
Old 09-19-2023, 09:01 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Cloud
There's also a bonus/penalty if you are playing off ball defense.

Some time ago online players were doing offball cheese to counteract the offense's zigzag cheese. In response 2k added a modifier that human contests were more effective than AI contests to encourage them online kids to man up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »