Home

KingSimKits: NBA 2K24 | 12min Qtr | Tru Sim Sliders, Gameplay & Stats

This is a discussion on KingSimKits: NBA 2K24 | 12min Qtr | Tru Sim Sliders, Gameplay & Stats within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2023, 07:37 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: KingSimKits: NBA 2K24 | 12min Qtr | Tru Sim Sliders, Gameplay & Stats

I never know is this is actually the case or not. It feels like more of an old superstition than anything, but I still do it just in case. I checked in on jkits discord to verify. He starts his sliders at HoF.

I need to get a few more games in testing but I really enjoy the feel of these sliders so far. You have to work for shots. They're fast paced. I always hate sliders that slow the game down. The NBA is an athletic, fast game and I want to feel that in game too. These accomplish that.

My one big frustration point and it's certainly not specific to these sliders more so in general, is a complete lack of ability to hit any 3 pointer off the dribble. I understand these should be low percentage shots and while as is I get pretty realistic numbers only taking catch and shoot 3s, it just ruins a bit of a feel of the game when I can do dribble moves and stepbacks to get open for a long two and make those shots at what feels like a realistic clip, but brick any shot that's a foot longer behind the 3 point line. I'm not even sure there's a slider fix for it, because if you bump things to allow those shots to be made easier, the open/catch and shoot 3s probably drain at an unrealistically high clip. Maybe there's a sweet spot or maybe it's a roster fix. Really the only thing that's been annoying me so far with this year's game.

I really enjoy having to be careful down low this year. Contested shots in the paint just don't fall very often and that really forces me to play more realistic. In previous years I'd try and not exploit that but you know how it goes. You're down 8th in the 4th quarter in your 47th game of the season you revert to some cheese to win the game. That kind of feels impossible this year and I like that.

Great work overall, jkits. I look forward to seeing how you fine tune things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2023, 10:00 PM   #42
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

OVR: 0

Props for keeping this so organized for all different levels of play. I can't wait to start testing your set. I took a year off from 2K and was going to take another year off until I decided to buy it cheaper off of Gameflip lol. Good luck everyone!
Old 09-19-2023, 09:39 AM   #43
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Does it matter what difficulty you have the slider set at before you start entering the new values? I seem to remember there was some conflicting information on this last year.
Yea that's always been conflicting. What I did this year was set everything at 50. I chose HOF first, but it almost doesn't matter which default 2k difficulty you start with. You can adjust the same sliders on rookie and end up with the same thing. I want to see how everything plays out from middle of the road.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:42 AM   #44
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arut2002
I never know is this is actually the case or not. It feels like more of an old superstition than anything, but I still do it just in case. I checked in on jkits discord to verify. He starts his sliders at HoF.

I need to get a few more games in testing but I really enjoy the feel of these sliders so far. You have to work for shots. They're fast paced. I always hate sliders that slow the game down. The NBA is an athletic, fast game and I want to feel that in game too. These accomplish that.

My one big frustration point and it's certainly not specific to these sliders more so in general, is a complete lack of ability to hit any 3 pointer off the dribble. I understand these should be low percentage shots and while as is I get pretty realistic numbers only taking catch and shoot 3s, it just ruins a bit of a feel of the game when I can do dribble moves and stepbacks to get open for a long two and make those shots at what feels like a realistic clip, but brick any shot that's a foot longer behind the 3 point line. I'm not even sure there's a slider fix for it, because if you bump things to allow those shots to be made easier, the open/catch and shoot 3s probably drain at an unrealistically high clip. Maybe there's a sweet spot or maybe it's a roster fix. Really the only thing that's been annoying me so far with this year's game.

I really enjoy having to be careful down low this year. Contested shots in the paint just don't fall very often and that really forces me to play more realistic. In previous years I'd try and not exploit that but you know how it goes. You're down 8th in the 4th quarter in your 47th game of the season you revert to some cheese to win the game. That kind of feels impossible this year and I like that.

Great work overall, jkits. I look forward to seeing how you fine tune things.
Appreciate you man, yea there's still more to cover along the way for sure. Treading light is my mantra with 2K sliders, b/c things can become wacky if too harsh too early. Continuing to test heavily throughout the month, and looking to get the other difficulties going as well. Would love to hear more of your feedback, and thanks again!
Old 09-19-2023, 09:43 AM   #45
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportomatic75
Props for keeping this so organized for all different levels of play. I can't wait to start testing your set. I took a year off from 2K and was going to take another year off until I decided to buy it cheaper off of Gameflip lol. Good luck everyone!
Hey man, salute to you for not having FOMO lol. No seriously its just a game, I think it should always be enjoyable. Once you get it, let me know if there's anything I can do to help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #46
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I’ve been testing things and I like these sliders however on default I get more free movement less suck animations on fast break. Not sure what the issue is with this set but that’s my only criticism.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:53 PM   #47
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I’ve been testing things and I like these sliders however on default I get more free movement less suck animations on fast break. Not sure what the issue is with this set but that’s my only criticism.
Appreciate the feedback bro, I will take that into consideration for sure!
Old 09-19-2023, 09:20 PM   #48
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Installed the game this afternoon and these sliders played great. I only got to play 3/4 of a game but it was so competitive and fun. Stats looked good too. Both teams FG% in the 40s. 3pt % in the 30s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »