Home

KingSimKits: NBA 2K24 | 12min Qtr | Tru Sim Sliders, Gameplay & Stats

This is a discussion on KingSimKits: NBA 2K24 | 12min Qtr | Tru Sim Sliders, Gameplay & Stats within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2023, 09:34 AM   #33
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: KingSimKits: NBA 2K24 | 12min Qtr | Tru Sim Sliders, Gameplay & Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio
How are you guys getting realistic stats? I've played a handful of games and each one is a low scoring affair. I'm having a hard time learning to shoot with a meter after a few years of playing with Real FG%, but the other team is having a hard time too. Neither team scoring over 80. All three games have been around 78(them)-66(me) I'll have like one good quarter where both teams score around 25 points, but then we'll both score under 15 the next. Am I somehow both great at defense and bad at offense?
I think for most part people are, but some stats are more lopsided than others. So question, would you say you're able to lockdown the defense easily? And where is the CPU able to stop you from scoring? Is it jumpsuits, close/inside shots?
Old 09-18-2023, 09:58 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

King Sim, I have noticed the same thing. LeBron is hit three's all over the court and that not realistic. LeBron can't shoot like that. And you're right the other team can go on a 8-0 run in seconds. So I thought about and did some research. The average field goal percentage in the NBA is 46% in 2023 and the lowest is about 28%. The average three point percentage in 2023 was 36.5%.
So I wanted to help KingSim to figure this out because his sliders are fantastic but we need to tweak it a little bit more to get real NBA stats. So what I did was change the

Inside Shot Success -50
Close Shot Success- 50
Mid Range Success-50
3PT Success- 50
Layup Success-47

Acceleration-70
Speed- 70

Movement Sliders - 60/40
60/40

That's it and here are the results from the Lakers vs Warriors.

Can someone help me how to post my results (pictures) ?
Old 09-18-2023, 10:38 AM   #35
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

I have the game downloading now. Are all levels up in 2K Share? Or only Veteran? Would be happy to test the "Casual" set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2023, 11:53 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkits
3 out of 4 quarters aint bad lol...

So, I'll say that all sports games have somewhat of a momentum swing tide that shows up. Which I'm fine with b/c sometimes its in my favor. But its still a game. Attempting to get it to play realistic relies simply on creating unpredictability and taking the clamps off of being able to anticipate the outcome.

Now lets say you have a good slider set, but the same thing still happens? How do you respond to it? Do you game plan? Do you adjust lineups/matchups, or who the go to guy is? There is a way to have realism, and for things to not always turn out in our favor.

Usually when I release sliders, I've worked out most of the kinks pre upload, but this time I wanted to involve more people so that I'm not always testing in a vacuum know what I mean. But more updates will ensue, and v1.0 is simply to gather info. The game is only out 1 week so far and we'll be able to get it functioning to actually be fun and not predictable.

Last thing, do you play 12 min qtrs? Was this the only game you've tested? If so, I suggest to everyone to give it 3-5 games. With as many possessions in a basketball game, each game tells a different story. You have to see a few different narratives to get the gist on how the game functions. Appreciate the honest feedback man, and hopefully I can your experience be better!
I play 8 mins quarters (12 is too long for me). I'm well aware your sliders have anything to do with the unreal CPU momentum switchs...

Play-wise, they seemed really good.

The increased acceleration/speed slider made it way too hard for me to follow the CPU moving around, so I got it closer to normal. Still had a few fast break points.

For the rest, shooting is much better! especially in the paint, where if was impossible to score if an opponent was around.

I think it's still too hard to get a proper play based on screens... you sometimes have to try 4-5 screens in one possession to get a somehow effective one. Most of the time, the opponents just glide through.

On the other side, some cpu screens block your players for 2-3 secs and give tons of open shots. This is really unfair, but idk if this is fixable though...
Old 09-18-2023, 12:52 PM   #37
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I have the game downloading now. Are all levels up in 2K Share? Or only Veteran? Would be happy to test the "Casual" set.
What's good Phillies, as of right now the other sets are not yet up. Once we have Veteran, we're able to tone down and spike up different sliders to shape higher competitive levels. I look towards either end of this week or next week for expert & casual to be up. Just stay tuned man
Old 09-18-2023, 12:56 PM   #38
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebanecedric
King Sim, I have noticed the same thing. LeBron is hit three's all over the court and that not realistic. LeBron can't shoot like that. And you're right the other team can go on a 8-0 run in seconds. So I thought about and did some research. The average field goal percentage in the NBA is 46% in 2023 and the lowest is about 28%. The average three point percentage in 2023 was 36.5%.
So I wanted to help KingSim to figure this out because his sliders are fantastic but we need to tweak it a little bit more to get real NBA stats. So what I did was change the

Inside Shot Success -50
Close Shot Success- 50
Mid Range Success-50
3PT Success- 50
Layup Success-47

Acceleration-70
Speed- 70

Movement Sliders - 60/40
60/40

That's it and here are the results from the Lakers vs Warriors.

Can someone help me how to post my results (pictures) ?
Yes, and here's the more interesting thing...NBA box scores from 4 years ago compared to now are having major differences in such a short time. Last season, some teams finished games shooting 62%, while still averaging 49% on the season. You will see that happen from time to time. The thing is playing true to your level, against competition that ill counter that will sometimes higher and lower percentages. Taking into account a full season of injuries, hot & cold streaks, its a longer story told over a series of games. So I agree, we want to have an average, while leaving room for people to have a competitive game to their skill level. We must tread lightly when adjusting, meaning to too abrupt unless it occurs across almost every team in almost every game
Old 09-18-2023, 12:59 PM   #39
Pro

jkits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoS2411
I play 8 mins quarters (12 is too long for me). I'm well aware your sliders have anything to do with the unreal CPU momentum switchs...

Play-wise, they seemed really good.

The increased acceleration/speed slider made it way too hard for me to follow the CPU moving around, so I got it closer to normal. Still had a few fast break points.

For the rest, shooting is much better! especially in the paint, where if was impossible to score if an opponent was around.

I think it's still too hard to get a proper play based on screens... you sometimes have to try 4-5 screens in one possession to get a somehow effective one. Most of the time, the opponents just glide through.

On the other side, some cpu screens block your players for 2-3 secs and give tons of open shots. This is really unfair, but idk if this is fixable though...
Yea sometimes the A.I. disrupts the path of players which is annoying. 8 min is fine if that's best for you. I only suggest 12 b/c the outcomes of highs and lows are more forgiving due the amount of opportunities a team can have to create momentum and runs etc. Appreciate the feedback man. I'm going into the lab this week to fine tune. Stay tuned in man!
Old 09-18-2023, 04:09 PM   #40
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Does it matter what difficulty you have the slider set at before you start entering the new values? I seem to remember there was some conflicting information on this last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »