Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #497
MVP

Zer0xray's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Weird. I sacked Ryan 3 times and at 4 and 32 the falcons challenged the spot of the ball. Lol

sent from galaxy note 3
Old 08-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #498
Banned

OVR: 4

Another thing I just realized needs tuning. How they blow the play dead before the guy gets tackled. Very cool thought, realism is there. But it needs to be fixed. If the guy can't get any further; than cool, blow it dead. But I just had a play where I went for the strip, and it was blown dead, and right after the whistle, I stripped it. Could've had a fumble recovery but instead, still their ball. Again, I understand that's the point of blowing the play dead, so that stuff doesn't happen; but only if forward progress is stopped, not continuing sideways. grrrr.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #499
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Im not sure if they get faster, but it seems if you hit sprint too soon behind the line of scrimmage or right at it, they shed their block instantly. I have better luck running when i am patient and wait to use the sprint button

I agree with your earlier post, I will have a d linemen catch a running back from behind from time to time
They do get faster, it seems the moment you hit sprint the dlinemen or defense in general knows exactly where u are at no matter their current situation on the field and tbey instantly shed there blockers and are usain bolt on their first step.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #500
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

Anybody come across online players chewing clock in the first qtr? I swear people have problems. Why play the game if you have to do things like that. So far I haven't seen any thing online that you can't take away. At least it seems like there is a counter for everything.

Last edited by bodymore; 08-29-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #501
MVP

OVR: 11

anyone getting way too many injuries when running the ball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #502
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

My first impressions. I've played about 3 games and spent a lot of time in the skills trainer. This was my first taste of madden on the new consoles.

Graphics: Huge improvement over the ps3 days, still see some weird stuff. Eddie Lacy' s hair comes out through the back of the helmet sometimes and Aaron Rodgers has caveman arms imo, but overall it's really good compared to my past experiences.

Presentation: Huge improvement again. I like the real time celebrations instead of the cut scenes. Bj Raji got a sack and was eating his wheaties after, pretty cool. Some like the 3 point basketball shot just look weird tho. I have yet to see a Lambeau leap tho. Halftime highlights would be better shown from broadcast cam. Broadcast cam would be a little nicer if field goal attempts were shot from behind the goalposts like a real game.

Gameplay: This game is fun but arcadey imo. The cpu takes a lot of sacks, and throws all short high accuracy passes. I've been averaging 8 sacks a game with 2-3 being users. Playing all pro in three games I have yet to give up and offensive score vs the bears. That said, cpu defense is real. I'm 2-1 with a loss thanks to giving up a pick 6 and a fumble scoop and score. Blocking is questionable at times. I had a few screen plays that would've been nice gains but my guard turned around to block someone behind me and ran into me getting me tackled. Another play I rolled out left with Rodgers and had a free lineman standing in front of me with no one to block, when an lb decided to go after Rodgers, that lineman stayed in an animation with arms out looking for a threat and just let him blow me up. Rodgers got hurt and left the game on that play to add insult to it.

Some other notes. 3 games and no penalties called. Too many scoop and score fumbles, players never just try to fall on the loose ball. I tried to challenge my fumble and there was a note saying there was nothing to challenge in the menu screen. Just annoying since every turnover should be reviewed. It was a legit fumble tho. I had a slant play work in my favor where a defender jumped in front of Cobb but Cobb warped over 2 yards and got the ball, proceeded to run through the defender and go 40 yards for the score.

Wasn't all negative. The defensive camera and rushing the qb is a lot of fun. It the only way I play defense. I wish the camera would start in the normal view so I could make adjustments before it went to that over the shoulder view, and switching players is disorienting from that view but overall defensive cam makes madden a fresh experience.

My favorite mode so far is skills trainer. I like the drills that show you defensive concepts, how to identify them and how to attack them. It's a lot of fun and gives online guys a way to practice and lab that encourages real football strategies instead of finding the money plays.

Final thoughts. The game is fun, and feels new in a lot of ways. It's not the port of the nightmare ps3 games I hated and feared it would be. It's still very arcade out of the box. High number of sacks, picks and scoop/scores...high qb accuracy...low on penalties, bad snaps and blocked kicks. Yet somehow it captures my attention better than any Madden since the ps2 days.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #503
Banned

Ok, it's official. The number one thing gameplay wise they have to fix next year is Suction EVERYTHING. NO MORE SUCTION ANYTHING! I just had a stop on defense pinning them against their own goal line, and when the CPU QB threw the ball, a CPU guy on my team jumped to block it, came down next to the QB and suction warped into him causing a roughing the passer. Needless to say highly unfortunate. By no means was I/ am I a 2k guy, but seriously, if a football game from TEN YEARS and TWO Generations ago can get realistic player physical interactions without suction, WHY DOES IT STILL EXIST IN MADDEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 08-29-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #504
Rookie

OVR: 0

Play calling sucks. The one thing they need to change is that. Bring back to the main menu for the formation play calling. I should not have to back out of the package I selected to bring in a new one. The play calling in madden for as long as I can remember has been great. This time it is so time consuming that you can barely select a play you want.

The game does not pick my plays. I pick my plays and I know it is meant for the more casual football fan, but please allow a classic madden play selection.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »