Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #897
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Damn. You're entitled to your opinion, but damn.......
I agree with him. As a whole... best for me.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #898
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I disagree. If you get the right matchup, and right timing with the throw, over the top throws, while rare, are possible. Personally, I find if I have a matchup where my WR is faster (and maybe taller), and Defense is in press coverage on a go route, you just wait for the WR to beat him, then throw a leading lob, and it usually works. I've had multiple game with 500+ yards. (That's also because I'm definitely pass heavy, but still).
That's why I said "almost", not entirely. But over the top passes aren't rare in the real NFL. That's the problem here.

I have had them, but they're certainly not happening as much as they used to, and to be honest that's not that realistic to today's NFL considering the out-of-whack passing numbers QB's put up in this era.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #899

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Just basically started up a game Texans vs Bills(me). 2nd quarter I lead a beautiful drive downfield mixing it up with Spiller and Jackson. Manuel hits a couple nice passes. 1st and goal from the 2 yard line I run it in for a TD with Jackson and the game freezes lol. Guess that was my sign to call it a night for gaming.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #900
Banned

WISports's Arena

No offense, but EA has been making Madden for 20+ years now. There should not be as many shortcomings/issues, big or small, as there is still.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #901
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
No offense, but EA has been making Madden for 20+ years now. There should not be as many shortcomings/issues, big or small, as there is still.
Extremely good point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #902
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
That's why I said "almost", not entirely. But over the top passes aren't rare in the real NFL. That's the problem here.

I have had them, but they're certainly not happening as much as they used to, and to be honest that's not that realistic to today's NFL considering the out-of-whack passing numbers QB's put up in this era.
Look at the breakdowns though. Passing attempts are up, but vertical attempts are not..

Phillip Rivers for example had 550 pass attempts. 49 of them were more than 20 yards down the field. That's about 3 a game, which includes hail mary's.

Matt Stafford even with Megatron had 59 attempts over 20 yards and completed less than 30%. In fact of his 600+ attempts half were thrown less than 10 yards beyond the LOS.

Last edited by bkrich83; 09-05-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #903
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
The first 15 yrs of the game focused more on the fun arcade aspect vs realism. Ambulance, batman/robin type commentary, boom, pow, he'll remember that number.

The last decade they've been spinning their wheels with the old code in the game.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #904
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Look at the breakdowns though. Passing attempts are up, but vertical attempts are not..

Phillip Rivers for example had 550 pass attempts. 49 of them were more than 20 yards down the field. That's about 3 a game, which includes hail mary's.

Matt Stafford even with Megatron had 59 attempts over 20 yards and completed less than 30%. In fact of his 600+ attempts half were thrown less than 10 yards beyond the LOS.
But those are good ratios. You're not going to get too much better in real life. But in Madden, even watching CPU vs CPU gameplay I'm not seeing the numbers getting to that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »