Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I suck at defense. I just got absolutely carved apart by Sam Bradford. Lost 27-14 week 1
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 12

Man, I don't know.... It's a decent game but the replay value for the offline gamer will be tied entirely to the sim stat/progression getting fixed. If it doesn't get patched correctly and quickly this game, while definitely improved, will ultimately be a fail.

My take on the game on All-Pro default: I've only labbed with the Broncos (me) vs. the Chargers (cpu). I'm not ready to mess with sliders just yet because I've gotten really different results on default.

Passing Game: (User) I like it. Granted I've only played with Peyton so I really haven't had too many errant throws. The defense will mix it up against you and pose a decent challenge but ultimately if you're familiar with football and understand Madden concepts it's not really hard unless you get impatient.

Passing Game: (Cpu) Again I've only played against Phillip Rivers and he did complete almost 70% of his passes last season. Early on he was shredding my defense. Then I mixed up my calls better, showed different looks and got much better. I've had games where Rivers started out 9 for 9 and other games where he started out 0 for 6. The main negative is that the cpu QB takes too many sacks. Had 10 sacks one game. Essentially if you called a good defensive play and no one is open the QB will just hold the ball and take the sack. Last game in Rivers' first 8 drop backs, 4 sacks 4 inc.

Running Game: (User) Maybe it's a Montee Ball thing but the Broncos line really struggles to hold blocks. Essentially don't even try to run outside. Also, you almost have to a numerical advantage (more blockers than defenders) to win in the running game. Pretty much regardless of formation the cpu defense is going to be playing the run on 1st down.

Running Game: (Cpu) Not bad. Not really different than in the past. However, it is still too easy to shut it down even playing dime or quarters. Kind of wish they had run reaction sliders this year. I really don't know if for user or cpu if the blocking is that bad or if the reaction time is just too good.

Bottom Line: Plays pretty decent out of the box aside from the cpu QB holding the ball too long and an overall lack of penalties. Honestly, I played the Season Ticket 360 version and really the only difference appears to be the running game is easier for the user and a bit more dynamic for the cpu on 360.

Other negatives in my opinion are the speed in which the cpu calls plays on offense. Really hard to navigate and set up your defense. Hurry up is also WAY too fast. Entire team set up at the lie of scrimmage and snapping the ball in milliseconds.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #99
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Two only complains.

QB a tad to accurate
CPU taking sacks

The rest is really good
Slider adjustments
Old 08-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #100
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
This might sound crazy to some, but the new playcall screen is completely ruining this game for me. The constant drop down of the menue when switching formations and the layout is so brutal that it makes it really tough to call plays especially only having 10 seconds when on D.

I really wish the old playcall screen was available because the new one is beyond terrible IMO for people that call plays by formation.
I'm not a fan either. I wish you could just select which way you want choose plays as default (community, formation, ect). Then if you want to switch hit B at the play call window.

I also don't like how it automatically just returns you to the play call window. It should bring you back to the formation page after each play.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #101
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

I have been a Madden ***** for the last few years, but in my limited time with the game they may have shut me up. Seriously, I was so hesitant to buy this game, but after about 10 minutes of actual play time, I have fallen in love. Madden is back!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #102
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

FINALLY a NG Madden, This game is incredible!!! GFX are insane! Gameplay is great & smooth as silk(PS4 digital)
Presentation: Absolutely love the fade to black TOs & the injury TOs.Commercials comin' back from TOs & Halftime are a nice addition as well. Playing on slow speed, & threshhold @ 0 is perfect. This is the BEST football game I've ever played...bar none. Kudos EA Sports

Last edited by Motown; 08-26-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #103
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
First off, I'm not the type of person to say these things lightly, I've been around a long time and basically seen it all when it comes to sports games, that said, This is the greatest football game ever made.....on the field. Better than the early Gameday's, better than those late PS2 Madden's, and yes better than NFL 2K5. IMO there's no denying it, even if you want to.
Off the field, I haven't dove in deep enough to give a definitive answer. Of course sim stats need fixing, and from what folks are saying the progression system concerns me, but other than that I really can't comment yet. Gameplay though? Best ever.
Absolutely agreed.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 0

How long of quarters do you all use? I started at 7, but think I'm gonna bump it to 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »