Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #529
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
What is your tackling slider and speed threshold slider set to?
0 speed threshold, tackle slider at 35. I had to drop from 50 because after a dozen games, at the end of the games nobody registered a broken tackle at all. Started off with 9 minute quarters, now I have bumped it up to 10 minute quarters.

Maybe it is just a play now thing I guess, because I haven't started a CFM yet.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #530
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Well I'm pretty much moving on from the Madden forum except for the online section so wanted to throw out a last though.

Hopefully the sim stats and online dsync stuff get's ironed out sooner rather than later and we can get some good online leagues rolling.

I'm very happy with Madden 15 and thank EA for making a nice jump away from "Madden Ball"

Each game feels different as you really need to know where you stack up vs your opponent as well as know what your team (and players) are capable of doing and not doing.
Hope to get a decent set of AM sliders and then will make my final decision on that or stick with AP.

Either way I've played it's been the most fun with a Madden game I've had in a long while.
Knowing your teams strengths/weeknesses as well as your opponents matter more and I love that.

Some tuning with the AI QB is needed even the best settings IMO.
Maybe a game tune will get that sorted out.

It's been a blast playing and hopefully we'll continue to see Madden move more towards a sim game and less and less of the old Madden football.

have fun everyone..!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #531
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

After more time with the game. The most glaring issue I have found is that the cpu running game is severely overpowered.

I play with the Falcons so my linebackers aren't the greatest but when playing against Frank Gore or a Demarco Murray or a back that is rated similarly, they seemingly fight for massive yardage every play.

In a normal one-on-one situation, I would expect Frank Gore to break through Sean Weatherspoon's grasp (I mean the ratings would dictate this). My problem in facing is when I send a run blitz and the running back will get wrapped up by two guys, even sometimes having a third come up to clean up the tackle and the running back ignores it and falls forward for 5+ yards or he breaks the tackles completely and I'm left chasing them for 50 yards.

This does happen sometimes in real life (like the Marshawn Lynch run against the Saints in the playoffs) but this should be a very, very rare occurrence. However this tends to happen quite often.

Other than this I still haven't found a lot wrong with the game (the only other thing is when QBs will shuck off defenders right and left in the pocket especially when it's coming from the QBs back) but I am still enjoying it greatly. I guess this is better than the cpu not having any running game though so I suppose it's a trade off.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #532
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I've started to notice what some others have said, and if makes me sad, but I can't deny it. Based on what I have seen the game plays differently and in most aspects better on normal speed rather than slow.

I love slow speed and how it looks and feels but I don't notice issues in normal speed that I notice on slow.

Edit

I am talking about vs CPU games, not vs user games

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #533
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I love slow speed and how it looks and feels but I don't notice issues in normal speed that I notice on slow.
Mind sharing some of these issues?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #534

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Only thing bothering me is as soon as you throw the ball the entire defense stops and immedietly reacts on it. Even if there was no way for them to see that the QB threw the ball they magically know and start pursuing in the direction of the pass.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:08 PM   #535
Banned

OVR: 0

I really wish the camera you get when you first fire up a user replay was selectable. That camera should be the one before zoom, because the one they have there now is just not right. The angle is just off.

It's also strange to me how the lighting is brighter from a distance, but when you get closer (zoom cam) it's really darkened. This has been a strange bug for a few years now, and it's killing 1pm lighting. This is most notable at places like University of Phoenix Stadium.

Last edited by FaceMask; 08-30-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #536
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89
Play calling sucks. The one thing they need to change is that. Bring back to the main menu for the formation play calling. I should not have to back out of the package I selected to bring in a new one. The play calling in madden for as long as I can remember has been great. This time it is so time consuming that you can barely select a play you want.

The game does not pick my plays. I pick my plays and I know it is meant for the more casual football fan, but please allow a classic madden play selection.
Yeah, I just don't see the point of it. It's just not a good idea. Plus, it covering the screen up is just plain stupid. What were they thinking?

Madden tried to be moden with the playcall screens starting back in with Madden 08, but they actually went backwards. PIP-style is the way to go. It was ahead of its time when it was done in the past (think NFL 2K4/5, Madden 09) and with everybody now on big widescreens, the time is right to bring it back, especially for single-player.

And no more going into menu's for replays. Like Madden 09, this should be able to be called up from the playcall screen, and I'd even suggest some kind of two-button combo to call it up like NCAA Football used to have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »