Home

JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

This is a discussion on JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #33
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

Just started our season tonight, Game casting game 1 Pittsburgh is up 20-0 over Tennessee with 1:28 left in the 3rd. What a great concept in game casting. We game cast all our league games that we don't play. I'll have a ratings update out, finished it tonight for our official '09 season, I'll post it soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #34
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedauchy
Good stuff JSOU....I've been enjoying these tremendously. I appreciate all the effort you put into these. Very accurate...I do enjoy tweaking things, and your 25% formula is rather clever and effective. (I do -15 since I'm by no means a decorated veteran of 2k5)
I had fun adjusting one of your rosters last year, reducing the agility of DB's by 7% so receivers could get some seperation before getting clobbered by the whole D. Havent needed to do that with your formula. I'm working on sim stats now (CPU vs CPU) in quick game mode tweaking sliders and also adjusting players as the season unravels. btw, is it possible to make Bill Belichek ******** in franchise mode after he gave the game to the Colts ?

j/k
thanks again,
dg
np
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

What is your opinion on secure ball for WR's, it seems that if they get hit at least 1 second after the catch they drop it. I'm not one to nag, but knowing that you are one of the top roster makers for 2k5 i want to know why your left their secure ball ratings the low 70 and 60's as opposed to 90's (like GR18 did with his). Thank you for future input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quick question, is it new this year that you recommend doing the -20% for blocking for user controlled teams on finn's after we do the -25% for run and pass coverage? Also, do I reduce blocking for rb, wr also?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

One more thing, if I wanted to continue to the next year after this season with the franchise, is there any repercussions or things I would experience that would alter the gameplay or would I have to go to finns editor again to the next year and so on?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey Jsou, I just started the second season in franchise mode with your current roster, I was playing the Dolphins and they lined up in the Wild Cat formation. I thought that was cool, then Ronnie Brown ran 61 yards for a score against my Raiders, that part was not cool. Thanks for the rosters.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #39
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by odera
What is your opinion on secure ball for WR's, it seems that if they get hit at least 1 second after the catch they drop it. I'm not one to nag, but knowing that you are one of the top roster makers for 2k5 i want to know why your left their secure ball ratings the low 70 and 60's as opposed to 90's (like GR18 did with his). Thank you for future input.
From the testing I did, I found that secure the ball, was how often a wr fumbled the ball. I to have seen a game were there were a ton of drops, the game was in the rain, and it seems as though it happens a tone in those games. My roster last year did have a higher secure ball rating but I never saw a wr fumble. Saying that, my first game against JAX, Manning had a 73% completion percentage, and for even me that is high on my settings. Play some more games and let me know, I may have to go back to my old secure ball settings.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
From the testing I did, I found that secure the ball, was how often a wr fumbled the ball. I to have seen a game were there were a ton of drops, the game was in the rain, and it seems as though it happens a tone in those games. My roster last year did have a higher secure ball rating but I never saw a wr fumble. Saying that, my first game against JAX, Manning had a 73% completion percentage, and for even me that is high on my settings. Play some more games and let me know, I may have to go back to my old secure ball settings.
No, I don't want my opinion to be the sole reason in which you change your whole work, but this is what i feel on the situation.

theoretically speaking what you have right now is ideal in a sense. WR's do have a lower ability to secure the ball AFTER the catch (that means after they have readjusted their bodies and running to the end zone) but they also have an absurdly incridible ability to secure the ball IMMEDIATLY after the catch (when being hit by a defensive player or falling rapidly to the earth). Unfortunately their is only one attribute known as the "hold on ball" or "secure ball rating", but in actuality they should be two "hold on to ball after catch" and "hold on to ball during catch". So to judge which one is more important we have to look at stats. If you gripe was with the lack of fumbling by WR's, you should look at the stats for this year. Randy moss has 1 fumble in 12 games and most of the NFL's productive receivers have 3 or less fumbles ( nfl.com). As seen in many games i have watched there are very few times in which a defender times the route perfectly and separates the receiver clean from the ball, what usually happens is that he can interrupt the route breaking the receivers concentration which leads to a drop by the Wide-out. The only way you could in my mind leave the secure rating as currently would be to lower the coverage substantially allowing for the Wide-out to get set, turn and begin to break for the end zone but judging from your rosters playing style and feel, i believe it would have a negative effect on your roster as a whole thus leaving the only viable option of increasing the WR and TE secure ratings as essential.

Again this is only my opinion, your a brilliant roster maker and surley you know more about this game than i do. but this is just my opinion and i did as you said and tired a couple more games. Im not going to go into detail becasue this read is already long enough but the low secure ball rating pretty much undermined my deep ball game and absolutely ravaged my medium pass range, the only way for me to counteract was to use my short game which meant 75 percent of my completions were on out-patterns and screens. Watch the video in Percy Harvin's stat page on nfl.com http://www.nfl.com/players/percyharv...e?id=HAR829482 That to me is what football is about.

Im very sorry for the long read, but again this is just my .2 cents on the issue i really hope you make you decision because you want to and or believe my arguments, not because i don't like it the low attribute

Last edited by odera; 12-02-2009 at 05:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »