Home

JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

This is a discussion on JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #25
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRob
some of you guys might want to read my theory for the formula.

Last season, I played with the -25% formula, and while it certainly takes the game to a new difficulty level, I found that a bunch of teams were throwing up mad points in practically every game. Mainly because the WR's would eat up your secondary, and the RB's would rip 70 yd TD runs with great blocking form their O-lines, having all your defenders unable to get a stop. I had a bunch of games where crappy teams with crappy offenses would throw up 40+ points easily, so basically I was playing catch up every game in a bunch of high scoring affairs.

The issue here with the -25 formula, is it weakens your D-line and secondary. In theory, this is supposed to make up for a more competitive game, being that if you leave the settings as usual without the formula, you blow teams out of the water. So by using the -25 formula, all that really does is ensure that my opponent will match my 40+ points. While yes, it is definitely harder and more competitive, the bottom line is that I don't like crappy teams being able to have 40+ pt games on my Redskins (who have a pretty decent defense realistically), and my Redskins should never score 40+ pts in multiple games, they simply aren't that good offensively in real life.

So guess what dudes, I say use the +25% formula!! That's right, use jsou's formula reversed! Use and load his slider settings, and in Finns Editor, select all 31 other teams and add +25% to their run and pass coverage. Then, what you get is really realistic football games, real good defensive 3 & out battles with scores like 17-10. So now, My defensively good Redskins are able to stop crappy teams offenses unless I make a crucial mistake or bad play call. The redskins have a crappy offense, so now that all the other teams have been raised +25% in their run and pass coverage, I have to play a great series to move the ball down the field and get a scoring attempt. I lost to the Giants 24-13, I lost to the Rams 10-6, etc...

Basically, I'm 6 games in testing the +25 formula, and find it very realistic. I've also found that the TOP has increased for my opponents, which I like. I play 8 min quarters on slow setting.

If you guys find that you're always scoring 30, 40, 50 point games, and have tried the -25 and found crappy offenses matching those points against you, you should give this +25% theory a chance and see if it works for you.
Way to think out of the box, the -25% will only make it tougher to stop the cpu. +25 may be good for your offense in making it tough to score but i think it would make the cpu to easy to stop. The reason I started the -25% is because everyone was stopping the cpu way too often. As for the +25%, the range on run coverage and pass coverage starts at around 85 to 127 with more guys already being in the 100's. The only negative about this is it would bring the crappy teams up to were the elite teams are, and in the end making almost every team similar in ratings and negating any chance of getting any simulation style standings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

why not try a +12, -12 Formula???

5 years later and we're still tweaking this game. I love it!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #27
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuessly
why not try a +12, -12 Formula???

5 years later and we're still tweaking this game. I love it!
I can see this game lasting another 5
Old 11-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Finally got the xbox version of this gm and man does it look better playing on my 360 than the PS2 one did, just waiting for my transfer cable now.

Also are you going to be updating this roster at all with ratings changes, or adding injuries and stuff as the season progresses?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 29

Main complaint I have is the broken tackles by the AI.

I'm not playing Franchise, just Quick Play - but no matter who I play against, their RB just breaks tackles left and right like nobody's business. It's not uncommon for them to break 3-4 tackles on a run. I haven't had the AI run for less than around 7 yards per carry so far.

I boosted tackling up for human, but it solved nothing for some reason - so I guess I'm going to have to lower the AI running slider (I haven't looked at what it's at).
Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #30
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Main complaint I have is the broken tackles by the AI.

I'm not playing Franchise, just Quick Play - but no matter who I play against, their RB just breaks tackles left and right like nobody's business. It's not uncommon for them to break 3-4 tackles on a run. I haven't had the AI run for less than around 7 yards per carry so far.

I boosted tackling up for human, but it solved nothing for some reason - so I guess I'm going to have to lower the AI running slider (I haven't looked at what it's at).
First of all, adjusting the tackling slider WILL make it easier to tackle, and you must also fill up the meter when tackling most guys, and almost always when tackling big backs.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: JSOU's Finished 2009-2010 NFL Rosters & Franchise file

Good stuff JSOU....I've been enjoying these tremendously. I appreciate all the effort you put into these. Very accurate...I do enjoy tweaking things, and your 25% formula is rather clever and effective. (I do -15 since I'm by no means a decorated veteran of 2k5)
I had fun adjusting one of your rosters last year, reducing the agility of DB's by 7% so receivers could get some seperation before getting clobbered by the whole D. Havent needed to do that with your formula. I'm working on sim stats now (CPU vs CPU) in quick game mode tweaking sliders and also adjusting players as the season unravels. btw, is it possible to make Bill Belichek ******** in franchise mode after he gave the game to the Colts ?

j/k
thanks again,
dg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedauchy
Good stuff JSOU....I've been enjoying these tremendously. I appreciate all the effort you put into these. Very accurate...I do enjoy tweaking things, and your 25% formula is rather clever and effective. (I do -15 since I'm by no means a decorated veteran of 2k5)
I had fun adjusting one of your rosters last year, reducing the agility of DB's by 7% so receivers could get some seperation before getting clobbered by the whole D. Havent needed to do that with your formula. I'm working on sim stats now (CPU vs CPU) in quick game mode tweaking sliders and also adjusting players as the season unravels. btw, is it possible to make Bill Belichek ******** in franchise mode after he gave the game to the Colts ?

j/k
thanks again,
dg
Thanks, I loved Bill's move last night, I've been a huge Colts fan since 95. I wasn't feeling too good about the game last night though, what a comeback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »