Home

360 Convert rosters

This is a discussion on 360 Convert rosters within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 360 Convert rosters

It's working for me. link to the thread http://360gamesaves.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1013

[quote name='DavidMBaker' date='Jun 8 2006, 08:21 PM' post='7008']
Using Xplorer360 with a Datel Transfer Kit

Part 1: What you need

A Datel Transfer Kit (available from http://www.codejunkies.com/)

Xplorer360 (available from http://www.360gamesaves.com/)

Part 2: Installing the Transfer Kit

Note: As of Beta 5 you can just install the Datel drivers. So just download the latest version of Xplorer 360. This will make life a lot easier for all you guys. Then continue onto the second post in this thread. Ummm actually their seems to be a few issues so still follow the instructions below.

Instructions for versions prior to Beta5. (And for the moment present versions. Found issues with Datel drivers.)

NOTE: Do not install the drivers that come with the transfer kit!

1) Plug in the Datel Transfer Kit and insert your memory card.

2) Click cancel when it asks you to install the new hardware. (This will happen twice.)

3) Right click on 'My Computer' and select properties. Now click on the 'Hardware' tab. You should see the following screen:

4) Now select 'Device Manager', scroll down to 'Other devices' and click on the + symbol beside it:

5) Right click on 'Memory Unit' (if you don't see this check Part 5) and select 'Update Driver...'. If asked whether you want to connect to Windows Update select 'No, not this time' and then click 'Next'. On the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)':

6) On the next screen select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install.' This should launch the hardware update wizard. Scroll down to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' which appears near the bottom of the list:

7) On the next screen check that 'USB Mass Storage Device' is highlighted and select 'Next'. If a 'Update Driver Warning' appears select 'Yes':

8) Windows will now install the driver. Once this is complete the new hardware wizard will appear again. Click cancel when it does. If you now scroll back up to 'Other devices' you will notice that 'Memory Unit' has been removed and 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device' has appeared in it's place:

9) Now similar to before right click on 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device'. If asked whether you want to use Windows Update again select 'No, not this time' then on the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Then after clicking 'Next' select 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' You should now be back at the 'Hardware Update Wizard'. Near the top of the list should be the hardware type 'Disk drives', select this option and click 'Next':

10) Check '(Standard Disk Drives)' is highlighted under manufacturer and 'Disc Drive' under model and then click 'Next'. If you get the 'Update Driver Warning' select 'yes':

11) You can then click finish and close 'Device Manager'. Your memory card reader is now installed.
[/quote]

Last edited by slavestate13; 11-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #50
Rookie

[quote name='DavidMBaker' date='Jun 8 2006, 08:22 PM' post='7009']
Part 3: Transferring Data

NOTE1: You will now have a new 'Removable Disk' drive shown under 'My Computer'; DO NOT select or format this drive.

NOTE2: You will now want to run Xplorer360. If you have not already done so you can download this tool by visiting http://www.360gamesaves.com, selecting 'Tools' under main menu and then 'Xplorer360'. You then need to click on the 'Xplorer360 Beta 4' that is at the top of the page (or later version). This should bring up the download interface. If a yellow bar appears at the top of your screen right click on it and select the allow download option.

NOTE3: You will now need to install (if you don't have one) a archive program that can handle the '.RAR' format. You can find WinRAR at http://www.rarlab.com/. It will be a trial but will have full functionality. Note that this format is also often used for compressing saves that are uploaded to the website. Double click on the downloaded file and drag Xplorer360 to wherever you want it.

NOTE4: Xplorer360 does not need to install. It will run from directly where you place the '.exe'. For this reason I decided it was easiest to place it on my desktop.

NOTE5: To make life easier make sure that you have at least one item saved on your memory card with your profile. If there is no important data on the memory card it is worth formatting the card first before saving the data to it. This makes it easier to find the data you are using or if inserting a save gives you the required base folder.

NOTE6: Partition 0 holds a cache where as Partition 1 holds the saves and any games stored on the memory card.

NOTE7: If the memory card contains important data you can fully back it up by selecting 'Drive' and then 'Backup Image'.

1) Plug in 'Transfer Kit' and 'Memory Card' and load 'Xplorer360'. Select 'Drive', 'Open' and then 'Harddrive or Memcard...':

2) You will now see the following items:

Part 3A: Extracting Data (Backing Up Saves):

1) Follow stages 1 & 2 in Part 3 above. Double click on 'Partition 1' to show the files stored on that partition:

2) Name.txt holds the name of the memory card. We however want to now click on the + symbol by 'Content'. I have also expanded out the other folders under 'Content' to show the structure of the data on 'Partition 1' of the memory card. The first folder under 'Content' is the 'Profile I.D.' and the folders under this are 'Game I.D.s'. In this case the top one '584107DB' is the I.D. for Outpost Kaloki X and the lower one '425307D1' is Oblivions. There is always another file under the game I.D. containing the actual saves. As in both cases here this is normally named '00000001':

3) To make restoring any saves that we extract easier at a later date it is best to extract it from the Game I.D. level. To do this you right click on the game I.D. that you want to make a backup of the save for and select 'Extract...':

4) You then have to select where you wish to save the files that you are extracting. In my case I normally dump them on the desktop. Once you have selected a place a progress bar will show you how far Xplorer360 has progressed through the extraction process.

5) Now you can compress the save using WinRAR and either file it away (remember to give it a sensible file name) or upload it to http://360gamesaves.com. Be careful to select the right game if you upload it so other people can find your save easily.

Part 3B: Importing Data (Adding Saves):

1) Follow stages 1 & 2 in Part 3 above. Now open 'Partition 1', 'Content' and your 'Profile I.D.' number:

2) Now open up the folder where you have downloaded the save to or where the save is stored. If the save is stored in a '.RAR' file extract it out of the archive including any directory structure. Check that the save is of the form, 'Game I.D.', 'Folder' (usually 00000001) and then the save. If it is not in this for check this list of Game I.D.s (http://360gamesaves.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148) and create a folder with the name of the required Game I.D. NOTE: The save will not work unless it is stored on the memory card in this format!

3) Back in Xplorer360 right click on the 'Profile I.D.' and selected 'Insert Folder...'. Browse through to the 'Game I.D.' folder that you wish to insert and click 'OK'. Xplorer360 will now inject the folder structure and the save(s) under your 'Profile I.D.':

4) Now remove the 'Memory Card' and insert it in to your console. Put in the game, select memory device and you should be able to load the save you just added.

Part 4: Other Information

Some NTSC saves will work on PAL consoles and vice versa. Try the save in any case you might be surprised.

Most arcade games don't have separate save files. Of those that do Zuma and Bejewelled 2's save are locked to a console. Only Outpost Kaloki X's work on other machines.

Some of the main games also have locked saves. These include Perfect Dark: Zero and Dead or Alive.

Some but not all games allow you to get achievements from save games. These include Project Gotham Racing and Kameo.

Check out http://360gamesaves.com/forum/ for more specific game related information and if you need help. If you query is achievement related PLEASE use the achievement section of the forum which can be found here http://360gamesaves.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7.

Part 5: Common Problems

If you have already installed the datel pack or have X360 MU USBIO appearing under 'Device Manager' follow the following instructions to remove the datel drivers. (Thanks to Mobian for explaining how it is done.)

Go to my computer and bring up the search window (or press Ctrl+F whilst on C drive - this will bring up a search bar on the left of your present window).

On this window select 'All files and folders' and then select 'A word or phrase in the file'. Type 'X360 MU USBIO - Device 1' into the box and then click search.

This should find one of two .inf files. (It should be located in the C:\Windows\inf directory.) This folder should be of the file name structure 'oemxx.inf', where xx is a number. (Make a note of this number.)

Right click on the file found by the search and select 'Open containing folder'. This should take you to the files position.

Now click the consecitive file in the chain it shoudl open in notepad. (If it doesn't right click and select 'Open with' then choose notepad.) Check that somewhere in this file it mentions Datel and Xbox.

Now you want to delete 4 files. These are the .inf file that you found by searching. Its corresponding .PNF file and the consecutive .inf & .PNF files (the .inf you opened in notepad and found Datel and Xbox in and its corresponding .PNF file.). For Mobian the files numbers were 44 and 45, so the filenames were "oem44.inf", "oem45.inf", "oem44.PNF", and "oem45.PNF".

You should now be able to follow the instructions given in this tutorial on how to install the drivers. (From Part 2 instruction 5.) Alternatively follow Mobian's instructions:

This page was made by DavidMBaker for http://360gamesaves.com/

(Original HTML page can be found here: http://www.davidmbaker.f2s.com/Xbox360/Tra...ransferKit.htm)
[/quote]
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 25

^^^^^
Did you get the 2k5 rosters to work that way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2007, 04:49 AM   #52
Rookie

My xbox is updated so it wont work until the resigner comes out
Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #53
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavestate13
My xbox is updated so it wont work until the resigner comes out
So wait....If I follow all of these steps it still won't work for NFL2k5? Yet, it will with the Xsata or XPort? It's the the same save file right? How does it know?

THanks
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #54
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

So if I never done this procedure before, will it work the first time or has my console been signed in since I use XBlive a lot.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #55
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So wait....If I follow all of these steps it still won't work for NFL2k5? Yet, it will with the Xsata or XPort? It's the the same save file right? How does it know?

THanks
My understanding is that it is not possible to put xbox 1 saves on a 360 memory card. You can try it out though. Put an xbox 1 game in your 360 and try to save the rosters to your memory card. My guess is the game won't see the memory card.

The Xplorer program allows you to transfer saves from you PC to the memory card via USB. I don't know if it will allow you to put an Xbox 1 save on the card. Even if it does, I don't think the 360 will ever be able to read an xbox 1 save from the 360 memory card making the ability to put an xbox 1 save on a 360 memory card all but useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
My understanding is that it is not possible to put xbox 1 saves on a 360 memory card. You can try it out though. Put an xbox 1 game in your 360 and try to save the rosters to your memory card. My guess is the game won't see the memory card.

The Xplorer program allows you to transfer saves from you PC to the memory card via USB. I don't know if it will allow you to put an Xbox 1 save on the card. Even if it does, I don't think the 360 will ever be able to read an xbox 1 save from the 360 memory card making the ability to put an xbox 1 save on a 360 memory card all but useless.
Would it be possible for Datel or MS or someone to someday create a 360 Memory Card formatted with a partition for compatibility? Seems like it could be possible, though not very likely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »