Home

Rickster101 Roster update

This is a discussion on Rickster101 Roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-31-2005, 03:20 PM   #9
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rickster101 Roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
I just looked it over. You did a good job, Rickster.

I opened with the .70 editor and there are quite a few names missing. Also, a few teams don't have full rosters.

I've had internet problems the past 2 weeks so that's why I haven't been here but I'm still working on my roster. I'm done creating players, I just need to check the depth charts again and sim it thru franchise play.

The thing I'm doing at the moment is deleting multi pics and adding new ones. I'm trying to get pics that look similiar to the actual players rather than just giving them any picture. Also, a number of players don't have the right skin, ex. The Giants Diehl and Whittle. They have the correct pics but not the right skin color. I'm trying to correct that.

I might be going to deep into it, but that's just me.

Thanks bro, no you're not going to deep on me I appreciate your reply and wanted to mention to you that the newer editors have solved issues such as you've mentioned with additional features and have fixed others.

I myself don't get to deep with such issues but using an older editor can cause problems and do not have capacility to perform such feats but do function well for their intended use that being basically names and limited features,Candyman and I used .70 awhile back and it worked fine but other problems arose when attempting to add other features and with improvements to the editor by Finn most are solved at this time as it was mentioned to me by Finn himself I'd recommend using the .272 or .274 editors for better results and less issues.

You can continue to use the .70 editor but I don't think you'll find the results very desirable especially if you're attempting to edit more then just names the .70 editor will delete names in this file because it was created and re-tooled using another editor...the .274 actually because like you at first I attempted to use the .70 and ran into diffcuilties,I hope that helps you in your course to add features you're attempting if you have any more items don't hesitate to ask.

My main focus here was in the naming of players any other items can be fixed via the editor and the features that it has as you know these are easy edits and work well with the editor.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 12-31-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:20 PM   #10
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the homey
This Roster is Great, but I would like to see improvements on the Raiders. Like Chris Carr (CB) and Randell Wiliams (TE) put on the team. That would be great.

I have found no relevant statistical data on these players other then them being on the teams rosters (third tier and non factor) and to just create them would possibly corrupt the files and cause possible freeze issues especially for use in a franchise modes.

Its possible they could be put on but to preserve the integity of the roster file I'll look into their contributions to the team at this time, you are free to search various sites to confirm these findings but I haven't seen much as far as them being factors to their respective teams that being the Oakland Raiders.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/se...aspx?teamID=25

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 12-31-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have a random question, but since I haven't been able to find an answer, i figured I'd ask here since you guys obviously know your way around the editor...is there any way to set secondary positions with the newest version of the editor? I remember downloading a roster a while back and it had Julius Peppers in the offensive AND defensive depth charts [since he does play WR in goaline situations]. I was wondering how in the world that was done, was it done with the editor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2005, 07:48 PM   #12
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Hey Rick,

I'm happy to hear that this project has continued on. I wish I had an XBOX to check your roster file out, but I bet you did a good job. It is a lot of work trying to keep these rosters up to date and you will burn yourself out, but it is worth it in the end.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:21 PM   #13
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmo23
I have a random question, but since I haven't been able to find an answer, i figured I'd ask here since you guys obviously know your way around the editor...is there any way to set secondary positions with the newest version of the editor? I remember downloading a roster a while back and it had Julius Peppers in the offensive AND defensive depth charts [since he does play WR in goaline situations]. I was wondering how in the world that was done, was it done with the editor?

Good question bro, the only secondary positions that come to mind using Finns editor are found in his NBA editors and as far as I know they're recent in the newest one released the .86 I believe at this time.

He does answer his emails and is a member of this site but at this time no known secondary positions are available to my knowledge in any of his NFL editors and he's mentioned nothing to me about any such feature.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

P.S.
Happy New Year Bro!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:30 PM   #14
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
Hey Rick,

I'm happy to hear that this project has continued on. I wish I had an XBOX to check your roster file out, but I bet you did a good job. It is a lot of work trying to keep these rosters up to date and you will burn yourself out, but it is worth it in the end.

You are most def one person I'm glad to hear from these days I hope the holidays find you well Candyman your help would greatly be appreciate at this time.

It is a great task at hand here trying to keep em' going, hey why note find a pawnshop and help a brother out I sure could use your assistance especially going into the New Year and with the draft prospects coming up.

In any case you sure as hell are missed, wish you still had an XBOX to see this thing thru but I'll try my best and will slow down to avoid any burnouts you know first hand how crazy this stuff can get.

Wishing you were here...with an XBOX Candyman and Happy New Year!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by the homey
This Roster is Great, but I would like to see improvements on the Raiders. Like Chris Carr (CB) and Randell Wiliams (TE) put on the team. That would be great.

Well I must apoligize bro and have had to challenge myself to further review and overturn the call and have found myself incorrect...you were right these players should be on the Raiders and will be in another update to re-affirm you pointing this out to me...close call actually but in any case to keep the integrity of the rosters from a (actual roster update) personel point of view they will be include,but this however this may result in a breakdown due to intended game senrios as in slots being taken up for "Franchise" type games due to the games "coded programming".

Such as certain game generate names and positions for "Franchise" use. But as far as I know the editor is handeling well so far and no further updates have been needed or reported as having any issues to correct anything at this point, so I should be able to include them in an update if needed but since its nothing that most guys can't handel I may wait until further updates happen such as tonight and Sundays games.

It be wise to save,copy,backup and most def keep an original file so you'll have something to fall back on in case something should arise.

Thanks for you post again pointing this out but keep inmind these words to the wise and curiuos who only need to read just "Holla" and I'll hear you,bro you did good steppin' up....

Quote:

"I'll check thru it again to verify the edits I've made but again no list was compiled for that ethier on my end and they should be in line with the original v6 roster,I'll try and get you something but with about 1800 NFL players and 32 teams plus transactions happening weekly the process can be somewhat frustrating to say the least".

"I may have missed some and thats to be expected because the league changes, also but I will be posting another update to reflect the league at this time and it will in probably be the last or close to it, its time now to be thinking about next years roster and the new crop of rookies entering the league".

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #16
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
You are most def one person I'm glad to hear from these days I hope the holidays find you well Candyman your help would greatly be appreciate at this time.

It is a great task at hand here trying to keep em' going, hey why note find a pawnshop and help a brother out I sure could use your assistance especially going into the New Year and with the draft prospects coming up.

In any case you sure as hell are missed, wish you still had an XBOX to see this thing thru but I'll try my best and will slow down to avoid any burnouts you know first hand how crazy this stuff can get.

Wishing you were here...with an XBOX Candyman and Happy New Year!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Happy New Year to you and your family Rick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »